Re-Volt

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Paintballpsyco2369, May 14, 2006.

1. Paintballpsyco2369

Paintballpsyco2369 Spirited Member

OK, I kind of figured that on the mem card, I just thought it might have some save files or something I could have used to unlock the rest of the levels, and cars. ALso, any more info you can give me on the disk you have hrahn, would be very helpful. My copy isn't on a pressed disk, it is on a dick as a zip file, with the source code also in a zip file. Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Paintball

2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Try renaming some of the map files so that they load instead of the ones that do? Hope that makes sense heh.

3. Paintballpsyco2369

I thought of it, Might still try it. I have done it before with other stuff, like games and some demos. I will give it a go.Thanks.

4. Paintballpsyco2369

OK, I looked at the files, and there are no "map" like files. All the levels are in folders, made up of like 20+ different files. SO I can't jsut rename them. ALo, I was just trying to play the game, on a hard driev I haev set up as a debug hd, and I loaded the game as usual, and it went to the loading screen, and hesitated abit longer then normal (this seems to be normal lately as I have a USB keyboard plugged in, so it is normal for it to go slower) But then I accidnetly hit a key on the keyboard. A few seconds later, the screen went grey, then a few more seconde later, it went black. The hd lights stopped blinking, and it didn't do anything. I rebooted, tried the same thing again, but pushing the key later in the loading process, and again it did the same thing. SO then I rebooted again, this time with the keyboard unplugged. Then when I got to the main menu, I plugged it in, hit a key, and it did the same thing again. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? THanks again.

5. Paintballpsyco2369

WEll, I managed to accuire a copy of the Re-Volt Beta Live game (Much thanks goes out to you know who). I managed to copy the fiels from that version to my Xbox hd, and I tried all the xbe's with it, none of them work (obviously) I have been told a way to try and get them to wokr, so I will by trying that soon. What I also tried was taking the .xbe I allready had, put it in the Beta Live versions folder, and ran it. THat worked, to the same things that ahppen with my version. Once I try the programs that should make the beta live .xbe's work, I wil have some more info. Until then, any more info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. AGain thanks to all who have helped me so far, and thanks the you know who for the disks.

Paintball

6. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Theres only so much information we can turn over without direct access to the files. I knew someone who was trying to hack in more levels for the live beta from the pc version. I've got a disk somewhere with a bit of his work on it I think.

7. Paintballpsyco2369

I understand about the need for files. People are welcome to make offers for this stuff in pm's, but I will not distribute any of these files. I know that both versions of the game I have, contain all the files necessary to play the full game. I just think that in order to be ably to play any of the stuff, you would have to log in as a developer on the old server which is no longer there. then hit like an update thing or something so you would be able to play all the levels, and have all the cars. When I was looking through the source code, I found an option to be able to get to the live screen, without having live. (For example if the partnernet was down they could use this option to still be able to play "test" the game) THe option was coded out, so I coded it back in, but I still can not successfully build the source code to test this idea. Again, thank you everyone for all the info and help.

Paintball

8. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

You're in a catch-22 there psycho.

There are folks here that can help you, but not without the files in front of them. There were many builds of Re-Volt and to be honest, you may or may not have "all the files necessary to play the full game." You may very well just have the multiplayer beta. You may have files from two different builds of the game. You may have an incomplete copy.

Your problem is that those that can help you are the ones who are most likely to not have any need/desire for the files in question so they've got no incentive to pay you for a copy. ;)

You basically have to decide what is more important: keeping the files to yourself and perhaps not building the game or sharing the files with others and perhaps getting to play the build in question. There is no wrong answer to the question, but it is a decision that you're facing.

-hl718

9. Paintballpsyco2369

Well, I nuderstand it comes down to a decision of weather or ot to distribute these files. I alos understnad the point you are making in that all the files may or may not be there. THere is one flaw in your logic though. The disk with the source code is THE disk that the developers got when they were broght into the Re-volt project. It contains some documents saying this. The document that comes with it, says that the disk contains a fully playable copy of the game, as well as a complete copy of the full source code as well as the tools necessary to build a complete working copy of the game. I know for a FACT that it is complete (the disk with the source code anyways). The thing that is preventing me from playing the other levels, and using hte other cars, is the fact that in order for even the developers to play the full version of the game, they had to conenct to a special server that was set up on partnernet specifically for this game to be used, and tested. THere, in those screens, there is an option to use all the other content off live. THe problem there is, 1) I have no access to partnernet, and 2) even if I did, when the game was cancelled, and Live was officially released, they took down the server that hosted all the Re-Volt stuff. All the screens, and options are still in the code on the game, it is just they can;t be accessed without the special server on live. I knew this, which is why I was so excited when I found the option in the code to use the live screen on the game, without needing partnernet, or anything. It was a simple option to bypass, so to speak, the login process for LIve. IT explains the reasoning right in the code, it is used to still play, and test the game when partnernet is down.

I do have 2 different builds of the game. This I know for a fact. one of them is the Beta Live version of the game, which may only be a multiplayer beta of hte game. I don;t know that for sure YET. It also isn't o much a question of wether or not I sell a copy or not, it is more or less, I am just searching for information regarding the game. I have had a few offers for copies.

Anyways, I am mainly just looking for anyone who has info on the game itself. AS to different stages of development, things that used to be in it, but were removed. Stuff like that...

Thanks again for your help everyone.

Paintball

10. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

I can flat out guarentee you that if the code was out there, someone could make it work. I personally know the guy who coded the NexGen xbox dash as do many people here probably do. He could probably get it to work without issue.

Unless you think you could genuinely get sued were it to get put out I see no reason to not release it, even if it was to a small group of trusted devs. If you think theres serious collectors value and don't want it out for that reason, well thats ok too but I highly doubt you would get anything for the game, Akklaim isn't exactly a name anyone holds with high regard. If you did put it out you would have me as a worshiper for life.

11. virtual alan

virtual alan Officer at Arms

Found those disks

Revolt 2, 13/1/00 v1.0
    Revolt 2, 13/1/00 v1.2
    Revolt 2(ds) 10/4/00 v1.27pt
    Revolt 2 1/5/00 v.1.36pt
    Revolt 2(lc) 2/6/00 v1.48pr
    Revolt 2 8/6/00 v1.50nr
    Revolt 2(lc) 21/6/00 v1.61pr
    Revolt 2 22/2/00 v.1.9

Haven`t had a chance to look at them yet to find out how complete or not each version is :rolleyes:

12. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

If I'm reading that correctly they're all dated from early to mid 2000. The main releases were in 99. Might have something good there. :D

Oh and Paintball, you might give this a shot:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/code/915618.html

I didn't think the XBox version had codes, but it makes sense.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  13. Paintballpsyco2369

Thanks for the cheats APe, I knew I found a page in the source that allows for cheats, but I couldn;t find the input values they used. I will try them out, and see if they work.

Those Re-volt 2 disks sound pretty kool as well. was ther any playable stuff on them? THanks again.

Paintball

14. Paintballpsyco2369

None of the cheats worked unfortunatly.

15. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Jeeze, Slap your name on a file somewhere and release it already :p

16. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Seriously, I would love to help get this thing working. Getting my second chip in so I'll have 2 XBoxes to test on. If I must swear an oath of alliegence to the almighty Paintballpsyco to never release what I am given pending the wrath of god and bubba I am willing to do so.

17. Paintballpsyco2369

I have been comtemplating releaseing the files on a very limited basis. I have actually ahd a few offers for the disk, so I will take everyones offers into consideration, andf eventually come up with an answer. Have a good holiday everyone, and thanks again for all the help.

Paintball

18. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Sorry to bump a semi-old topic but I was curious if any progress had been made? If possible I'd like to make an offer on some of the disks now that I have some actual cash to burn.

19. closer1000

closer1000 Member

has there been any progess on getting a copy of re-volt to work? i've had that xbox live beta version forever but have never been able to play it because the servers don't work. i'd love to see a working version see the light of day.

and what's with those re-volt 2 discs? anything good on them? any screenshots?

20. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Without the data getting to the people who know what they're doing no progress will ever be made.