Re-Volt

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Paintballpsyco2369, May 14, 2006.

1. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

2. Paintballpsyco2369

Paintballpsyco2369 Spirited Member

I know there is an Xbox version. I have it. I am intereste4d in the history of it though.

3. Paintballpsyco2369

DOes anyone by chance have any more info on this game? Thanks again.

4. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Excuse me if I reiterate something that's already been said.

There was a N64, Dreamcast, arcade, PC and PSone release. Best version is a toss up between Dreamcast and PC as I've never played the arcade model. The N64 version has slowdown and terrible graphics and I can only imagine the PSone version to be worse.

I was told by a Live beta tester the game came with a special mem card holding their live information, yellow maybe? It was supposed to be useless (the game) when live went public, but if you have the source it might be useful to bring out more levels. That's all it was, a mere test for XBox Live. Nothing more nothing less. Not worth anything either, $20 at most.

5. gaming247

gaming247 Site Supporter 2015

That'd be true if this was in fact, the xbox live beta copy. As I understand from what paintball said and you may have missed it APE but...

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  6. Paintballpsyco2369

I can play four levels1, when I go to live to check it out, it gives me some kind of number, then says to report it if I can not get on. and of course I can't get on, so that isn't much help to me. Does anyone know anyone with this yellow memory card? That may be rather helpful for me, as a few options seem to be locked out. If anyone knows anyone with this mempry card, please let them know I am looking for it. and also, I was looking for info on the Xbox version, not ps12, ps2, dreamcast, pc or any other system really. Mainly Xbox. THanks again everyone for the input.

7. DeadperfecT

DeadperfecT Gutsy Member

8. gaming247

gaming247 Site Supporter 2015

I don't know about the yellow memory card. But I am guessing it most likely contained the log in information for the beta servers or maybe a security dongle of some sort. I don't think you will be able to get anything from the xbox live option on your disc unless there are actual cars or tracks in the source code for live. Without functioning live servers hosting the game info, it won't matter what else you have (memory card, etc).

Again, the above is just my guess so I could very easily be wrong.

9. Paintballpsyco2369

I know about the orange memory cards, but I thought they were just for use as a normal memory card. I know there is some kind of oprtion I found in the source code that will let me play off live, and I decoded it so I can use it, but I seem to be missing a .h file for sound, so I am getting a few errors when I try to compile the code. I also know for a fact there are more levels, and cards. I can see the files when I browse the directory, and see the blank spaces for the cars. Only problem is, all that stuff is for Live, and unless I can eitehr rebuild this missing file, or find it somewhere on the disk, Or if maybe there is a memry card with the option allready worked out for me, I can't access any of it through the XBE. SO I am going to continue trying to get it to work, but a memory card with any kind of Re-volt info on it would help me out a lot. So, at this point I am stuck with it, in terms of playing anything other than the four levels I have through single player.

10. Paintballpsyco2369

Does anyone else have any more info by chance? Thanks again.

11. HHogan

HHogan Robust Member

Re-Volt for Xbox was in development, but cancelled in the 11th hour.

12. Paintballpsyco2369

Ok, did they ever et any packaging designed or anything like that? Or anything else?

13. Paintballpsyco2369

Anoyone happen to know anything else about this game? Thanks.

14. virtual alan

virtual alan Officer at Arms

I have at home somewhere some work in progress versions of I think it is Re-volt 2

I would have to check

But there are about 6 disks

V1.0/V1.2 etc etc

Do you want me to look for them and let you know exactly what they are?

15. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Damn Re-Volt 2. What platform? How complete? Anyway to get a copy off ya or are you under an NDA?

Along with Virtua Racing I worship this wonderful gem.

16. Paintballpsyco2369

I would greatly appreciate any help you, or anyone could give me on the subject of this game. Thanks.

17. dvdmike

dvdmike Robust Member

My friend has the second beta pack will see if he has the memcard still

18. Paintballpsyco2369

Ok, thanks, any more news from anyone on the game by chance? Thanks again.

19. hrahn

hrahn Robust Member

I also have a copy of Re-Volt flying around somewhere, though mine looks different than those pictured above. It´s also a pressed disc that was used during Live! develeopment, but I got mine with a loaned Xbox from MS and it seems that you need a debug bios to run it. The DVD has a DVD-Video-Track that plays whenever you insert it in a normal player and shows a very cool Xbox logo animation (way cooler than the bootup blob), similar to the THX cimmaron trailer.
    Will check it out again later when I´m back home, but as far as I know the content of the disc is exactly the same as in any beta kit. Still have the orange memcard too, sadly not the console (they wanted it back).
    The disc does not run on a standard or modified xbox without a debug bios though.

Ok, found the disc again, here´s a piccy:
    [​IMG]

Tech Beta Revolt Online August Beta

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  20. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

The memory card from the open beta is not going to help anyone boot a copy of ReVolt. It is nothing more than a standard memory card. ;)

-hl718