Re-Volt

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Paintballpsyco2369, May 14, 2006.

1. Paintballpsyco2369

Paintballpsyco2369 Spirited Member

I recently accuired a copy of the Game Re-Volt for Xbox. Now what I know all ready, is that it was never released for Xbox, and that it was a game for developers to use to test Live, and other aspects of the Xbox. I am trying to learn as much as I possibly can about the game, so if anyone knows anything about it, please help me out and let me know. Thank you very much.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  2. Funkstar De Luxe

Funkstar De Luxe Fiery Member

I don't know anything that can help, but re-volt was one of the best PC games I ever played.

3. Paintballpsyco2369

I remember the PC version. I got a demo of it with a magazine from PC Gamer. Fun demo, and the Xbox version is pretty cool too.

4. gaming247

gaming247 Site Supporter 2015

One of the few good games with an Acclaim name on it.

So did you get a full copy or is this the xbox live beta disc that loaded the game from servers?

5. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Sounds like the XBL beta disk to me

6. New_Order

New_Order Guest

Acclaim U.K at their best, as per usual :nod:

7. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Is it the same game as the Dreamcast one? Mini little buggies?

Yakumo

8. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Yeah i think so!

9. Funkstar De Luxe

Funkstar De Luxe Fiery Member

The DC version wasn't very good I thought. Bad controls

10. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

I saw this game on the arcades not a long time ago. Anyone knows if it's the exact same game?

I never knew there was a arcade version of it.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  11. Paintballpsyco2369

It is the full version, I can go to single player, and play 4 levels in single player. It also has a live feature, I obviously can't access it, but IT had a copy of the source code with it, so I was going to try and re work some of the code so I can at least play the levels, and not have to be on live. It isn't a beta disk, it was burned onto a CD-r as a .zip or .rar file along with the source code (also in a .zip or .rar format) and When I extracted it, I put it on my Xbox, and used PBL to launch a debug bios, then from there went to XBMC and and launched it. It doesn't seem to work at all if the .xbe is named default.xbe, and I can't get it to load off a disk (weirdest part, it will only let me burn it as a cr-r or cr-rw) so I have to play it off the hard drive, with a debug bios. Anyways, does anyone know any of the history behind the game? such as if there ever was a version that even had single player? or is this the only version? Any ideas on any of it anyone? Thanks again for all the help.

12. Perkunas

Perkunas Intrepid Member

I remember seeing an early Xbox Live demonstration video with Revolt, demonstrating voice communication, friends list (invites to play another game) among other things. I always thought the game was going to be released.

13. Paintballpsyco2369

I do see things in the source code, and in the different menus of it that mention voice communication, and invitations. It's pretty cool. I guess from what I have been told, and a very small amount of looking I did, that it was never released.

14. Fabrizo

Fabrizo Resolute Member

Yea, I played it at the arcades a week or so back and it was essentialy the same game I remember playing or Dreamcast (though the arcade controls really needed to be fixed, it was almost uncontrolable).

15. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

I played the PC version a bit over a friend's, it didn't seem too bad, so I picked up the DC version. It was horrible.

16. Paintballpsyco2369

The pc version isn't all that bad. I love it even more now that I found it for Xbox. But I would still like to know as much about it as possible; if anyone knows, please help me out. Thanks.

17. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

That never came out? I'm pretty sure I have one for PS2 and xbox. Was it released on PS2. ehh maybee I am going crazy I'll have to go and double check.

18. KaL_YoshiKa

KaL_YoshiKa Commandent Lurker

It was definately on a Sony console.

19. Paintballpsyco2369

Ok, but I mean Xbox wise. Thanks again everyone for your input.

20. RC Re-Volt cmae out on PSone. It's a racing game with RC cars. I'd like to see an Xbox version.