RE 4 Development Beta

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Robert_Kendo, Dec 25, 2009.

1. zidapi

zidapi Rapidly Rising Member

If that's all there is then it's almost certainly the Biohazard4 demo that was given away with Famitsu Magazine.

It was dumped and modified to enable the debug menus.

The person who hacked it is/was a member here and could most certainly confirm this.

Sadly, he never officially acknowledged any connection between the hacked code and himself/his site. Despite publishing extensive articles on the debug menus prior to ISOs appearance.

2. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

If Dot50Cal was still around he would clear this up that it is in fact the Biohazard 4 demo that was hacked to unlock the debug features in the game. Sure theres some stuff left over from the said 3.5.

3. zidapi

Yeah, Dot50Cal was who I was alluding to.
    As my 60ish posts in 5 years would indicate I'm not an overly active member of this community and, not up to speed with who is still around and who has moved on.

To my knowledge he never publicly acknowledged any link between him and the modified demo disk. But regardless, there's few people who know as much about RE games than him. So, he'd still be the best person to direct any questions about this to as, he's most certainly explored aspect of that disc.

4. Decades

Decades Robust Member

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  5. zidapi

Right you are. Thanks for the Link.
    It has, quite literally been years since I read through the walk through on that site and, my memory was hazy. Not only is the guide more complete but, there are now links to download the modified demo.

It's now obvious the copy Robert_Kendo has documented is neither of the 2 show at THIA.
    However, I still Maintain that it is the Famitsu demo albeit a further modified copy that has been hacked to include the english language files among other things.

The evidence being that you can clearly see the 'Demo' subtitle of the Biohazard Logo under the newly reinstated Debug Menus on the Title Screen seen at the start of Robert_Kendo's first video.

Edited: Formatting. Now with 100% less wall of text.

6. Decades

Decades Robust Member

Could very well be a preview disc for the press from around the same time as the Famitsu demo was published, too. I know nothing about hacking, so I'm not going to waste our time studying the screens and vids and make funny arguments either way. :thumbsup: They're very similiar, that's for sure.

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, perhaps Dot50 can help - given the time he spent on this way back he can hopefully tell right away. There is a thread about this on THIA where he made some posts a while back:
    http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6624

There's a bigger chance he'll answer if something's posted there, I suppose. He hasn't been much online the last few months but I think he's slowly coming back soon. Or maybe I shouldn't speak for other people, may be filthy filthy lies, and filth! ;)

EDIT: Quickly reading through the comments there, it does seem to be sourced from an actual prototype... At least from the first page posts I re-read now.

7. Robert_Kendo

Robert_Kendo Guest

its definatly not a hacked version,that is for sure..most of resident evil 4 betas got the old demo screen as start pic..and its not the famitsu version,because this version is a US version.If this version was for preview for magazines or not,i dont know but its not a hacked version.I know it,because other re 4 betas i got are looking very similar like this version here.Ok,some of them are very buggy and cant be played very good like this version,but they are betas too.

here is another video of the treasures and keys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHeR3hVoaHc

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2010
  8. Thor

Thor Active Member

It's just a design choice, like wip3out or the more recent Iron 2 Man.