Rarest thing you own thread

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by ASSEMbler, Apr 24, 2007.

1. pato

pato Resolute Member

A Xbox and Wii deubg, and a beta disc from NFS HP for PS3

Whiteday was meant to be released on UK, but it was cancelled at last minute, but appearently the translated version was leaked, it was one of the big games made in South Korea at the time, but most of the industry went into MMO games.

kennypecheur likes this.
  2. Collingall

Collingall Robust Member

The rarest video game thing I own is a Mr Backup for the N64
    [​IMG]
    I used to work for a used game company in their repair department, this guy came through one day they had no idea what it was or did so they bought it as defect and it came my way. I bought it for $10 and found out it has a defective drive. I was able to get a new one and modded it to work with a cf drive.

The rarest item I own is one of a kind and will never leave my home.
    It was a display piece that was originally made for Toys R Us. They did a huge marketing move in the 90s by making every store a little different with custom made sculptures to display in different areas of the stores, apparently they only rolled this out to a small number of stores. I was working for toys r us when they were told to throw all of these custom displays away in the early 2000s. He missed the dumpster and made it in my car.
    [​IMG]
    I dressed him up for the masked party my girlfriend threw.

AUSTIN PEYTON likes this.
  3. Shademp

Shademp Active Member

Probably the ”FINAL FANTASY VII” Original DVD High Quality CG Collection

[​IMG]

Bought it for $1,499.95

Then proceeded to write two articles about it.
    - Review
    - FMV Comparisons

Can't pinpoint the rarity of the DVD, but I've only seen it thrice on eBay. Many FFVII fans don't even know about this DVD's existence.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Tymek, bnebne, vinyl and 2 others like this.
  4. vinyl

vinyl Spirited Member

^ I first was suprised about that DVD that you paid that much, but after reading the great review I would do the same when I saw it,
    I also forgot that DVD was not so common in 199X .. damn I feel old amazing find

5. myloch

myloch Rising Member

And how to use them? Do I need a proxy service like for Amazon or Yahoo japan? (I'm not in Asia now)

6. Comboy

Comboy Spirited Member

I can assist actually. I am leaving Korea in a month for good and I am looking for ways to move cash while beating the (currently somewhat low) exchange rate. I've done this for a few people so far. Please send me a message and I'll explain what I am able to assist with. =)

7. Eclipse0

Eclipse0 Newly Registered

Pier Solar (Genesis) complete - Both editions (I also have the Dreamcast version as well)
    Halo 2600 boxed
    Class of Heroes 2 PSP (Physical copy)
    3 prototype Gamecube mini-DVD cases (they have numbered inserts indicating they are marketing samples).

Realtalk, the last one is definitely the rarest.

8. Centrino

Centrino Newly Registered

I got a tomy 1980's tron handheld, caveman, superkong and one other i cant remember...been searching the net to spark my memory.

Crossing fingers i find the boxes too

9. Dafox

Dafox Newly Registered

Nearly complete PAL Sega 32x collection all are complete in box minus 2 needed (super rare Primal rage and T-mek) but have the very rare Darxide Pal only release

10. chingy213

chingy213 Active Member

We grew up poor in the suburbs of Melbourne Australia. My cousin who lived nearby was even poorer then my family. Anyway he entered a Yellow Pages competition and he won a dreamcast console, daytona and virtua fighter... you could not imagine the level of excitement that plagued us

11. scroeffie

scroeffie Rising Member

rarest thing i own my soul :)

12. SO Remixer

SO Remixer Lovely Sweet Dream

Today I learned that one of my copies of Osamu Sato's "The Art of Computer Designing" is actually signed by him, making this both the rarest thing I own and my prized possession.

You may know Sato for his games "LSD Dream Emulator" "The Eastern Mind, Lost Souls of TongNou" and "ChuTeng"

No other autographs of his have ever surfaced.

Attached Files:

Paulweeze71 likes this.
  13. PessimisticPenguin

PessimisticPenguin Плохо пигвин

Xenosaga III or .hack G.U vol 1

14. rossattack

rossattack Member

Millennium 2000 N64 controller I got from my sister's friend as a gift and a Visteon Dockable Entertainment featuring Game Boy Advance. My Visteon was the one featured on My Life in Gaming's video.

The-Silmarillion and Collingall like this.
  15. ComestibleCarbuncle

ComestibleCarbuncle Member

A sealed Japanese Gamecube kiosk demo disc from September 2004. I don't have a picture of it currently, but it comes in an orange box and has an image of a Gamecube controller and kanji on the front. I almost never see these and I found little documentation regarding them.

16. ericb1975

ericb1975 Newly Registered

Not the rarest things, but in my handheld collection i have a Neo Geo Pocket and Pocket Color, Tiger game.com. I think probably the rarest one here for the US is my Neo Geo CD import. I'll have to work on getting pics of my machines like the Panasonic 3DO top loader.

17. vanadium

vanadium Robust Member

I have the only known version of Vid Grid on cartridge (proof of concept) for the Atari Jaguar. It doesn't do much and had to be in the first days of demo or development, easily. But she boots up and does what it was trying to do. It ended up a pack-in for the (also rare) Jaguar CD. Rarely will you see something so early out there, and it looks nothing like it eventually would.

Also, this is probably the first time I've ever mentioned this in 15 years of owning it. I have about 6-7 Jaguar prototypes overall in addition to a full retail Jaguar collection.

Before I sold it, I also had the most complete version of Alien vs Predator for the Lynx, containing the Alien, Predator, and Colonial Marine. It, too, was the only copy. Bought it from an ex-Atari employee in a batch of 15 prototypes in the early 2000s.

No ROM has been known dumped from any of these titles, save for a 50-copy run of my Iron Soldier prototype for the Jaguar with different weaponry. I have both the prototype (which the run was made from; I contributed it) and the first production copy (CIB) of that one.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Kao, speedyink and Borman like this.
  18. miloxydia

miloxydia Spirited Member

A CIB Elektronika Video Sport 3 with the original schematics.

I've seen a handful pop up on Russian and Ukrainian sites, but never one with the schematics. I dont even know if it was supposed to come with the schematics or not.

19. CaseyTappy

CaseyTappy Member

With the release of Dangun Feveron / Fever SOS for the PS4 now I think my Full Kit must be pretty hard to find these days .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  20. port187

port187 Serial Chiller

Playstation 3 debug kit used at Gamescon 2012 with the Demo build of unreleased (for the ps3 at least) game Until Dawn.
    Hidden in this build you can find a naked zombie girls standing around in the snow and cabins ready to get it on. 20170702_203615.jpg 20170702_203637.jpg
    20170702_233322.jpg
    20170702_233516.jpg
    20170702_231332.jpg
    Not sure I can even post nipples as this forum is hosted out of the US. Will remove if needed.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Sektor and ZonZon like this.