Rarest thing you own thread

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by ASSEMbler_archived, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Demon

Demon Robust Member

I hate to break it to you but this is a bootleg. (Going by your image.)

That or it's a reproduction of the original. Under 10 real copy's are known to exist.

Larger version of your image: http://i.imgur.com/jyr7HOK.jpg (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tetris-For-S...-Complete-in-Box-CIB-USA-Seller-/172189799012)
    Pirate/Reproduction of original next to above pirate: https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/genesis-tetris-01.jpg
    Real copy signed by creator: https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/mega-drive-tetris-licensed-01.jpg (Game in pic is/was owned by a user on Assembler.)

2. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Robust Member

Probably CIB Sonic Jam or CIB Mike Tyson's Punch out

3. z_killemall

z_killemall Familiar Face

I always had a thing for bootlegs and hacks, but I guess the strangest game I own must be Picachu, a hack of a SNES game which is crap in every possible way. As for consoles, it has to be my japanese PC engine (modded to output composite video).
    [​IMG]

4. AUSTIN PEYTON

Cool never seen a snes pirate like that. Cool mod for composite. I am planning on getting a rgb scart and pal hdmi converter for my sega saturn.

5. AUSTIN PEYTON

Real significant difference with the box art and quality. Definitely a repro.

Demon likes this.
  6. Galdius

Galdius Enthusiastic Member

This Pikachu rom hack is really common here in Brazil.
    It's even possible to find one with a box.

[​IMG]

This one with the box goes for US$11. Just the cart goes for US$5.

atarimaster001, Punch and z_killemall like this.
  7. z_killemall

z_killemall Familiar Face

Nice to see one in decent condition, I found mine at a flea market here in Uruguay and never heard about it again.

8. Galdius

Galdius Enthusiastic Member

They are/were very popular here in Brazil. I can easily get one if I want on MercadoLivre.
    I think I played it when I was a child in a friend's house maybe. I recall it not being very good.

9. metalman

metalman Rapidly Rising Member

IMG_0037.JPG My street fighter 2 Sagat statue only 100 were made and got at con a bargain price £50 instead of rrp of £299.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  10. Bakutios

Bakutios Member

I don't have a pic of it at the moment but the rarest thing I own is the limited edition Pikachu GBA:SP complete in box. I know it's not super duper rare but it is pretty cool and I love it. I HAD a boxed copy of Earthbound but unfortunately it got stolen during a break in a few years ago.

11. skyway1985

skyway1985 Enthusiastic Member

I'm going to play this game..... rarest thing(s) i own, console wise.. my VA3 mega drive with mega cd and 32x, V-saturn, mist grey saturn with VCD card. sega sports DC, japanese VA0 DC with OEM clear yellow case. PC-Engine W ifu and Cd-rom2. arcade card pro. Rayearth Red Game Gear, Powder Blue Game Gear. Sega Nomad, Sony PSX, PS3 TEST DECH-A00A, Neo Geo CD. blah blah blah the list goes on and on. lol heres some pics of my junk, not all
    http://imgur.com/a/OsILG

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  12. AUSTIN PEYTON

My collection. Not all pictured like my nes boxes and other miscellaneous stuff.

Attached Files:

13. Ezio

Ezio Newly Registered

Detele this post, thanks!
    Used wrong account

14. ZakhooiTM

ZakhooiTM <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

No picture, but still have my DC Devkit with Greg Johnsons coffee stain on it and TJ&E3 data on it :)
    (This account is better :) )

15. Shadowtek

Shadowtek Newly Registered

Mine is probably Nintendo Power 100 controller or the Dreamcast Sega Online Store Only Faux Woodgrain Controller.

16. GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch Rapidly Rising Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    ImDaPap and Syclopse like this.
  17. Dantea

Dantea please help me

i'm not much of a collector (you can thank my minimum wage job for that) so my items aren't very rare as opposed to just having some major sentimental value.

i managed to snag the sh3 ost from a local gamestop shortly after buying the game itself. my game cd was busted so they gave it to me as an apology. sh was my favorite game series so it was a big deal to me.
    i also have a copy of the first drakengard game for ps2. not really rare, more obscure really, but it was a pain to find when i was a young kid who could only hop from store to store and hope that one was there at the same time as i was.
    unfortunately most of my games were lost in between moves.

other than that? well, i have this strange street fighter gift set "for him". comes with cologne, a keychain, a wallet, a body wash and a deck of playing cards. for the man who needs all of these random things on his person at once.
    my only other stroke of luck was managing to pull a jace, mind sculptor from a worldwake fatpack back when my bro and i still played m:tg. it was the last one in stock at wal-mart (since the set had just rotated out) and we decided to take a gamble.

18. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

I own a pretty rare book by Leo Tolstoy. It's quite rare, but it's not a game :(

kennypecheur likes this.
  19. myloch

myloch Active Member

Most probably the rarest things I own are some japan only pc games from win95 era

20. djmdma02

djmdma02 Active Member

Anyone want to start the Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 run and figure out how many Amazon actually damaged when they shipped em out? I can account for at least two of them. Mine was an Ebay scalp as my page did not refresh fast enough. Though my buddy was lucky enough to have his come predamaged by Amazon. They did offer him a $60 refund though, lol