Rare Wii Games

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by taiomi, Mar 15, 2012.

1. stevenjcampbell

stevenjcampbell Spirited Member

Aren't good third party games rare on the wii?
    Ha. sorry just had to.

2. lordnik0n

lordnik0n Rising Member

I'm not sure there are many rare games on the Wii at all. Maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy? Maybe Fire Emblem? They are sort of like "mid-range" rarities. Not super rare but not sort of common. Also I don't think Metroid Prime Trilogy is even rare. The number available on Amazon is a lot. A bunch of news stories ran saying "Nintendo is no longer pressing copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy". Then all of a sudden prices on this went through the roof. The bar has been set and it will be a while before it comes down. (No worries since these are better on cube anyway)

3. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

What about Madworld ???? wikipedia says this >>>> Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President of Marketing for Sega of America stated that, in terms of sales, "the first set of data for Madworld is very encouraging".[SUP][35][/SUP] The game sold around 66,000 copies in its first month of release in North America, according to NPD Group.[SUP][36][/SUP] These sales numbers have been used by market research firm OTX Research to justify their assertion that hype and marketing do not translate into sales figures; MadWorld, while commanding the "highest level of unique interest" based on user input at IGN, ranks 41st in OTX's sales metric for all Wii titles.[SUP][37][/SUP] Sales of the game have reached 123,000 units in North America as of August 2009.[SUP][38][/SUP] MadWorld fared much poorer in Japan, where it debuted at number 33 on Japanese sales charts and only selling around 3,000 units during its release week.[SUP][39][/SUP] It eventually went to sell 640,000 copies worldwide, with about 390,000 copies sold in the US.Despite low sales for both MadWorld and The House of the Dead: Overkill, Sega stated that it would continue to explore mature games for the Wii, according to Gary Dunn, a director at Sega Europe, noting that such games have a long tail in sales as such games become more discounted.[SUP][40][/SUP] On January 4, 2010 it was announced that Sega would unlikely publish any future M-rated video games for the Wii.

4. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

the japan madworld might be one to watch =p

5. Shinebi

Shinebi Dauntless Member

And that's one of the reasons The Grinder doesn't get released... *sigh*
    One can safely assume ANY mature games on the Wii would become quite collectible, just the same as with the NGC.

6. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

i really want the grinder it looks awesome D:

7. Lear

Lear Newly Registered

"AFL". A niche sport title (as much as I love Australian rules football) released in one country whose popularity is limited in two of the most populous states, and which was overshadowed by a somewhat more robust title on the 360/PS3 (though honestly I quite liked it for a low-budget effort, of course I didn't pay full-price at all for it).

Rugby League 3 might also be worth picking up.

Also that Impossible Mission por/remake seems a little scarce. Even illicitly.

Someone doesn't like Wii Remote+Nunchuck controls.

8. AlecRob

AlecRob Robust Member

Pick up a copy of Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. Just the fact that it's a treasure game means it will most likely be pretty expensive some day. Also pick up Castle of Shikigami III, it's the only bullet hell game on the Wii and isn't very popular. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being very expensive and hard to find years from now

9. 7Force

7Force Guardian of the Forum

I think the Mad Dog McCree pack is relatively rare.
    And I also had no idea Castle of Shikigami III was on Wii.

10. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

It was a North America Wii-only translation.

Canceled in Europe, all other versions are Japanese.

11. taiomi

taiomi Member

Just picked up Samba de Amigo brand new for £3 in HMV at Heathrow

12. hamburger

hamburger Spirited Member

First I'd probably go for the games with spelling errors on the box. I can't remember the first. Was it Okami?

13. CHR_AeON

CHR_AeON Rising Member

Wasn't this released by 505? IIRC they had some other Wii titles (probably for other platforms, as well) which were only released in Spain!?

14. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Anyone get Xenoblade? Gamestop exclusive plus a low print, it might be worth picking up.

The stole a picture from IGN for their cover. You can see an IGN watermark. xD

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  15. XxHennersXx

XxHennersXx I post here on the toilet sometimes.

really? link?

16. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

[​IMG]

17. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Any game with a cardboard box will become pretty valuable imo, cardboard degrades quickly and as we've seen from the past mint condition cardboard becomes higher demand to collectors than bashed, bent and buckled cardboard. Of course it depends on the number of units for each game, but I think generally likeable games such as Skyward Sword should prove to be pretty collectable in sealed boxes, especially as the number of boxes decreases as time goes on.