Radiant Silvergun for the Sony PlayStation 1

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by mdmx, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

I haven't played it in years but I think it did have a bit of slow down. Doesn't it use the RAM cartridge though. maybe withthat it wouldn't slow down. The DC version is by far the best though with or at least at one time, online play.

Yakumo

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Going to go out on a limb and say the fucked up the resolution though. The other "For Matching Service" games (at least Vampire Chronicles) were, which would put it in the back of the line for me. Not sure, but I think the PS version is considered superior to the SS. I hate Street Fighter though, so never kept up w/ it.

3. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  4. GaijinPunch

I think the whole point w/ PS vs. SS when it comes to 2D, is not which one has more power... it's which developers can actually harness the power and actually do so. As stated many times, it appears that the better quality game is the one w/ the bigger budget (sadly).

5. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

"In The Hunt" is better on the PS1 (Saturn has graphical glitches), according to www.game-rave.com

6. Yakumo

nah, it doesn't have any graphic glitches at all. It has F*cking mad slow down !! Plus the first Japanese versions are a bitch to boot.

Yakumo

7. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Why? I agree that they're a bit over hyped, but why do you "hate" them?

8. Yakumo

I don't hate them. I think they are good shooters but neither is anything near what people make them out to be. The hype that surrounds Treasure games makes me dislike them more and more. Guardian Heroes on the Saturn is another. Yeah, good game but the way people go on about it you'd expect it to be the ultimate experience or something.

Yakumo

9. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Dude, you shouldn't like or dislike something based on what other people think. It's dumb when people are tricked into thinking that they like something because other people do, agreed. But isn't it just as bad to dislike something because other people like it? In both cases you are ignoring the thing itself and focusing on the bullshit that people say about it. You can learn much more about something by simply observing it rather than listening to all the shit people have to say about it.

Sorry if that sounds a tad preachy.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  10. Yakumo

I can understand what you are saying and I totally agree. The problem is that's my character. For some reason I tend not to like stuff over hyped beyond belief such as Treasure's games. I do however like the games but can't bring myself to say it to the massive hoards of Treasure arse kisses since I believe it feeds their egos. I'm just strange :lol:

Yakumo

11. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

Ikaruga is a pretty exceptional game, and Gunstar Heroes is too (can't speak for RS, I'm not paying £100 for it). I don't think they get that overhyped - they're fantastic games and are worth mentioning above others, because they're better.

Maybe I've not been exposed to the level Treasure fandom you have.

12. GaijinPunch

Radiant Silvergun is as good as Ikaruga. Has a nice small hitbox, but not Cave-small. Lots of slow-moving bullets, boss-fights, and a very interesting chaining system. It's unique portion is the levelling up system. Ikaruga's unique element is the color changing and bullet-sucking. Chaining is slightly different, but still there. Great game, check it out. I tend not to listen to anyone unless I'm specifically curious about a game. Everyone in the world could love or hate the games I'm into... I don't give a shit.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  13. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirl™

I hate to bring up the subject of the Saturn's hardware again, but try pausing mid-roll on the fourth episode of Panzer Dragoon Zwei for a perfect sense of just how powerful this console's capabilities were in the right hands. Not only do you have "real" transparencies, but there are also quite detailed polygonal foreground models in addition to some quite complex things going on in the background layers. Saturn underpowered? Maybe if one of EA's ports is as far as you are prepared to look for a decent performance benchmark...

14. Druidic teacher

x

15. GaijinPunch

I think the length of Radiant Silvergun is it's downfall. I'm generally a big fan of the 5-stage formula.

16. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

Too short or too long?

17. Druidic teacher

x

18. Yakumo

way too long ! THe Arcade mode is better though than the Saturn mode due to it not having that annoying old guy talking through the begining of each stage. It's ok first time round but after that....

yakumo

19. Druidic teacher

x

20. Yakumo

I've seen that superplay video. I just don't like it that much like I don't really like Chaos Field on the DC that much or Ikaruga. I'm more of a traditional shooting fan I guess.

Yakumo