R.i.p Dylan

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by metalman, Jan 3, 2017.

1. metalman

metalman Rapidly Rising Member

my cat dylan
    [​IMG]me and my dad had to take Dylan to a emergency pdsa hospital in the early hours of Tuesday morning for a bad case of asthma and sadly the vet phoned us to tell he was not improveing and that it would be best that we put him too sleep.
    What a bad start to 2017.

2. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Cool coloring, and getting a kitten(s) now will help with the loss.

3. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Omg, you effing pos troll. This was a good one though, kudos.

4. metalman

I'm not trolling fuck you.

5. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

That's terrible. My thoughts are with you and your family. Rest in piece Dylan. You were a pretty cat.

6. Demon

Demon Robust Member

Sorry for your loss :( Know how you feel though as I also lost one of my cats a few days ago. She was almost 20 years old so not a young cat.

7. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Robust Member

He's in kitty heaven now playing with the other kitties.
    Rest in peace Dylan

8. Alter_47

Alter_47 Alpha and Beta Enthusiast

Sorry for your loss. :(

9. metalman

I have been having anxiety attacks on and off today and sleeping has been hard I've got some but not much and Dylan was only 10 years old.

10. supersega

supersega I have 7 and a half PS1s in my room alone.

Sorry to be that one guy, but you will get over it. Just keep fighting.

We lost one of our dogs back in 2016 and even though we knew the day was coming, it was sudden. A week of sadness and then I felt fine again. Hoping that'll be the case for you. She was our dog for 14 years. :(

11. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

My cat died few monthes ago, and another one a year ago. Animals are like family so I understand your sadness.

12. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

13. metalman

Thanks.

14. metalman

I did the right thing putting Dylan to sleep he was starting to suffer.when I found him it looked like he was dieing he was laying on the sofa breathing hard and loud and he let out a little cry of pain. the vet did say he could get worse and sadly he did and you know Dylan was happy on the way to the vets and I think he was saying goodbye because rubbed he head against my fingers I had put them through the door of his carrier and we are keeping his ashes so he's coming home.

lwizardl, Syclopse and kennypecheur like this.
  15. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

Last year I lost many around me, including my cat . First was my mother, the next one was really good friend of mine, whom the last conversation he and I had was about my mother, and he gave me his condolences , and I cried my fucking eyes when I found he had died. And then my cat had to be put down. Then there was one more last year, and to start 2017 in a rather shitty way, another young person whom I knew died. metalman: you have my condolences, and I feel your pain. Now you all know, why I have not been so very active on the forum.

16. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

Get a dog, there better animals anyway.

17. Domspun

Domspun Spirited Member

A couple of years ago I would've agreed, but I had my first cat a couple of years ago and that one changed my mind. I still hate most cats, but I've found out it's mostly owners that don't raise their cats properly. Since I grew up with dogs, I use the same "techniques" and now people say she's like my dog!

kennypecheur and takeshi385 like this.
  18. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Once I get a cat again, I'm calling you for lessons. They're my favorite animal to own.

19. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

Condoleance for your many losts....

I totally agree ! Most people see cats as independant animals. Of course they are pretty independant but if you care about them, you can teach them some tricks, and they would even learn by themself by copying human behavior. I had a cat that ate with his hands, this same cat was also the first one to come to see you when you were sad. And she was also waiting in front of the door at special hours, as she knew the exact hours every single person of my familly was supposed to come back from school/work. Cats can be so great !

WolverineDK likes this.
  20. retro

retro Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for your loss. We had to make the decision to put our cat down, too - we did it yesterday. She was at least 18, was pretty much deaf (but did still seem to understand sometimes) and had hyperthyroidism. She'd developed a nasty cough, spitting stuff out of her lungs everywhere as she would shake her head, and was missing the litter tray more often. The past week or so, she had basically given up and was clearly in pain and had difficulty breathing. Picking her up made her cough, so we didn't.

I was alone with her a little before the rest of the family and the vet arrived. She was crouched down staring at the floor. I asked if she wanted food and she ignored me. I asked if she wanted a hug and she sat bolt upright, looked at me and stood up and waited. So I picked her up. She grabbed my arm, pulled it towards her and rested her head on my chest. Heartbreaking, but a lovely moment to have with her.

It's a very hard decision to make, but you don't want to see your furry family members suffer, so it's got to be done. The vet and nurse were lovely, they came to us. She wanted to leave the room (first time in ages as she basically lived in it for the past week), which was hard. You do wonder if what they say about the twitching etc. is just to reassure you, as there was a fair bit of twitching (we had her sedated first) and a noisy exhale a bit after the second injection. It's for the best, though... and you have to hope that they aren't distressed and if they do feel anything, it's knowing the family were there.

-=FamilyGuy=- and Jord9622 like this.