Question about purchase

Discussion in 'Sharp X1 and X68000' started by Dr.Wario, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Dr.Wario

Dr.Wario Spirited Member

I have the possibility to buy a Sharp X1 Twin machine :)
    Of which i'm still hoping to buy one sometime in my live.
    But i'm already bizzy into making big spendings on my House, renovating the roof and Stuff.
    but i really don't know. I'm so in love with the Sharp x68000 That i really want one ...

Discribides as follow.
    I have for sale a very good condition, rare Sharp X1 Twin machine, this is a hybrid of a Sharp X1 computer and a PC Engine console. The sale includes keyboard, twin disc drives (it only comes with 1 as standard), Sharp PC Engine pad, Sharp basic discs, composite cable and a loose copy of R-Type for the PC Engine.

Shipped from england.
    asking price is 240 Pounds exl. P&P wich would be something around 330€ included shipping.

And i'm still undicided :-/

p1060001vt.jpg

help me out here :very_drunk:

2. Rink

Rink Member

The X1s are cool... and any other time I'd say buy it. But realistically, you're probably not going to get as much use out of it as other items in your collection, so how badly do you want the PC Engine part? If you're not crazy excited then maybe now's the time to be reserved with your finances and sort the house out.

That said, as long as there wasn't a hole in the roof above my classic computer room, I'd be buying the X1 Twin and hoping for a dry summer.

3. Dr.Wario

Dr.Wario Spirited Member

lol thanks for making your first post about my purchase :)
    Well the roof is been spoken for, budget is ready for spending.
    Budget for this baby will be released in about 2 weeks (my brothers ows me a bunch of money)

For me it seems almost like a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy this.

It's not mainly for the PCE part, since i have one with a turbodrive.
    But sharps are very expensive to post and to find.

I'm doing it for the music it outputs.

4. Rink

Rink Member

:) I'm a seasoned lurker here but couldn't resist a bit of X1 talk.

Yeah, the chances of you finding a Twin (or even a vanilla X1) outside of Japan is low - they crop up but not too often. And getting them from Asia is alarmingly expensive. I've just bought an expansion bus/cradle/box thing from there and the shipping alone was £60 :(

The deal you're being offered looks good to me - in fact, if you decided not to buy it, I would. :)

5. Dr.Wario

Dr.Wario Spirited Member

hehe I knew it ^^.

Anyway i did some research.
    - Not all Screens work on a Sharp computer
    - How the hell i'm going to find a bunch of Floppy discs 5,1/2" to copy all my roms/games to?
    - And is it possible to just copy a Rom to an empty floppy? and play them?
    since games are really pricey for a Sharp system.

6. Dr.Wario

Dr.Wario Spirited Member

Okay seems like I was about to make one big mistake.
    There's is no way to play x68000 games on this device :(

Am I right?

7. Rink

Rink Member

Screens aren't too bad - but you'll more than likely need an adapter/converter for digital rgb to analog rgb (for VGA). Can't remember 100% off the top of my head.

5.25" floppies are out there - usually on eBay and whilst not all work, I've had good success rates with my purchases. It's basically similar pain to what happens if you buy an Apple II. :) If you don't want to get a suitable floppy drive for your PC then you'll have to transfer floppy images over the serial port and write them to a disk from the Twin itself.

I don't think there're any sdcard adapters yet... Mine won't be ready for ages I'm afraid.

The PC Engine part is an unknown for me. They play off a "Hucard"??? Which I've no idea if you can fake or whatever.

But no - no X68000 support. :)

8. Dr.Wario

Dr.Wario Spirited Member

OKay,
    I'm always thankfull that you took the time to help me out here.
    I found the system on Amibay. (Uk based Amiga site) but there's already someone in line behind me.
    so you have to be quick and lucky, if you want it i can Pm you the direct link.

And yes you can fake Hucard.
    See the subdivions Everdrives :) and look for turbo everdrive.

9. Rink

Rink Member

Found it. I'll send the guy a PM on the off-chance he ends up with no takers. :wink-new:

Cool, thanks for the info about the Hucard thing - I'll check that out. Could be useful for me in the future.

10. Dr.Wario

Dr.Wario Spirited Member

Will help as much as I can, but that forum (amibay) has some certain rules before being able to make a bid/buy.

11. Dr.Wario

Dr.Wario Spirited Member

Rink your next in line for purchase, go get em boy :)

12. Rink

Rink Member

I am? Sweet!!! Thanks for the heads-up, the thread and gone quiet and I forgot to check for a few days. :)