Question about ps4 dev live environment

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Development (4,Pro)' started by benny679, Jan 9, 2019.

1. benny679

benny679 Active Member

If any devs can chime in here, I was wondering if developer PS4 units connect to a sandboxed live environment like the Xbox 360 and One do, or if it can assess public PSN? I actually have a DevNet account from a few years back when I used to be involved in video game development and I thought it would be neat to have a counterpart to my jailbroken unit.

2. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

There are a number of devnet only connections. Primarily you will see "sp-int", but there are more.
    The Devnet is whitelist only so good luck doing anything even if you have credentials.
    Additionally you need to be enabled on Sony's side to access said material. if you were only allowed to see PS3 stuff, you cant see PS4. This works from PS4 to PS3 as well
    So while I dont suggest pursuing it, it would be restricted even if you succeeded

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  3. benny679

benny679 Active Member

What do you mean by whitelisted? Separate from having a DevNet account? Mine was registered for ps3, ps4, and vita. As far as I know the account is still active but my IP address has changed so I can't access the portal anymore.

4. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Thats exactly what it means. Only those IPs on the whitelist they have are allowed in. Unless you can make your current IP the same as the whitelisted one, you wont be getting on unless you contact Sony and ask them to whitelist your current one, something I dont see happening.

5. benny679

benny679 Active Member

Why wouldn't they? Its my company that the account is under.

6. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

I'd assume as long as your contract is current and valid, and you're still with the company, they should be able to get your new ip whitelisted.

7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Pretty much what pool7 said.

benny679 likes this.
  8. Be4stElectrjc

Be4stElectrjc Active Member

If you don't login to your devnet account for 30 days, it's automatically deleted. But i'm not 100% sure, since friend told that.
    Otherwise, you can do nothing if company it's still in business.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  9. benny679

benny679 Active Member

Got it, thank you for the help!

There were periods where I wouldn't go on for a few months and I would just need to have the IP updated. Its possible its gone now though, it's been a few years.