Question about Mortal Kombat Gold (PAL)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by la-li-lu-le-lo, Dec 4, 2018.

1. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

So, I recently got the PAL version of Mortal Kombat Gold for Dreamcast. I've played it a little and I really like it, but I'm wondering about something. The US version of this game had 2 versions: the original version had various bugs and problems, but they released a revised version (the "Hot New!" version with a red disc) about a month later that fixed most of the bugs. What I'm wondering is which of these versions the PAL version is based on.

The one I have is the UK release. I've researched this game a little, and I read that it was a launch game for the DC in both North America and Europe. Like I mentioned, the revised version was released about a month after the initial US release. The DC launched in Europe at about the same time. So, that means that the PAL version of MKG would have been released very close to the same time as the revised US release. Since they were released so close to each other, it makes sense that the PAL version would've been based on the revised version. There was only one release in Europe - technically 2, but I think they were the same other than the language and packaging. Also, having played the game a little, I didn't encounter any major bugs - though it's possible I just didn't play it enough. The PAL version supports VGA output by default, which as far as I can tell neither US version supported.

I can't find an answer to this question on the internet. Does anyone know?