PSY-Q 1995 Press Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Documents and Software Tools' started by Logi26, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

I have got this 1995 PSY-Q brochure which is what would have been given to dev studio's so that they could see what development hardware was available.

The brochure contains a bunch of thick paper/card inserts detailing the PSY-Q dev tools for various consoles such as SNES, Mega Drive, 32x, Mega CD, Saturn and PlayStation.
    There is also an extensive SNASM price list included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have scanned the brochure and created 2 PDF documents. One or two pages have a small amount of text clipped because I didn't want to damage the brochure bending the pages too far.

Main brochure:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95EyIoSuUF0c2d2dFRQaUdRbzA/view?usp=sharing

SNASM Price List:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95EyIoSuUF0U0RXZW8ybE83eGM/view?usp=sharing

2. tichua

tichua Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Thanks for sharing buddy. I hope you will finish your PSY-Q set soon with the newly acquired PSY-Q card and the about to be acquired floppies

Logi26 likes this.
  3. Logi26

No problem mate, thanks again for your help with getting me the card it is greatly appreciated ;).

4. retro

retro Moderator Staff Member

Catalogue, not press kit. The press would have zero interest.

Thanks for the scan, though! :)

So the CDE100 did have a modified BIOS for Saturn. I had a feeling I remembered seeing that somewhere. Crap!

pool7 likes this.
  5. Logi26

The person who I bought this from had it listed as a press kit.
    If you notice, I refer to it as a brochure in the comments and say that it was given to dev studio's.
    I thought that it would not sound as interesting if I put the title as PSY-Q brochure/catalog but feel free to modify the title if you think it would be better.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. retro

They were wrong ;)

A press kit is a marketing document about something newsworthy. Usually a release. The press will see it, and report it to the public.

The public had no business buying a Psy-Q, hence it would never have been a press kit. It is aimed at developers and would have been given out at trade shows and when developers called up for info... or just sent out to current and prospective customers.

It doesn't matter what it's called, though... it's still interesting! :)

7. Jackhead

Jackhead Moderator Staff Member

Nice document, thanks for sharing! There was a SNASM Kit for the A1200, awesome..

Logi26 likes this.
  8. Logi26

I have found some more pricing info. These where on the Cross Products website in 1997.
    Unfortunately the link to the actual PDF was dead, but I found this info in the raw HTML files.

February 1997

32 BIT DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS

CS100 - CodeScape Debugger for Windows 95/NT ($400)
    Upgrade from SNASM2.

SN340 CodeScape - SATURN MPX SYSTEM ($7,800.00)
    Complete PC-based Saturn development system, comprising:
    • CodeScape Development System, including source-level remote debugger, combined assembler and linker and supporting utilities. Cygnus GNU C/C++ compiler
    • Saturn CartDev, an external debugging interface to provide high-speed SCSI communication between the development PC and the Saturn.
    • Modified Production Saturn with shielded NMI cable, Mirage CD-ROM emulator interface port (see EM300) and territory switch (as MS100)
    • Mirage CD Emulator (As EM300)
    • Adaptec 1542CP SCSI adapter for connecting the development PC and Saturn
    • CartDev (as SC100)
    • All cables and power supplies
    • CodeScape: Installation, User And Tutorial manuals, Hitachi SH2 Hardware manual, Hitachi SH2 Programmer's manual and Mirage manual
    SN341 CodeScape - SATURN MPX MIDI SYSTEM ($8,000.00)
    As SN340, but with MIDI Modified Production Saturn (As MC100)

SN320 CodeScape - SATURN MP SYSTEM ($4,800.00)
    As SN340 but without the MIRAGE CD

SN321 CodeScape - SATURN MP MIDI SYSTEM ($5,000.00)
    As SN320, but with MIDI Modified Production Saturn (As MC100)

MS100 Modified Production Saturn ($800.00)
    with shielded NMI cable, Mirage CD-ROM emulator interface port (see EM300) and territory switch

MC100 MIDI Modified Production Saturn SYSTEM ($2,250.00)
    As MS100 but with: Saturn Additional MIDI interface for use with Macintosh-based Sega Sound.
    Macintosh System to CartDev (SCSI-2) SCSI cable

CB100 CARTDEV RAM BUFFER EXTENDER BOARD ($500.00)
    Provides extra work RAM for game development by expanding the Saturn's System RAM by up to 16MB using standard 8MB 72pin SIMMs (must be 70ns, 16 chip) Complete with test software and user documentation. For use with Saturn CartDev

SATURN MIRAGE CD EMULATOR
    The Saturn Mirage is a complete hardware based CD Emulator. Includes: 1GByte internal slide mounted HD, all cables, remote control software, CD building software and full documentation.

EM300 MIRAGE CD-ROM EMULATOR 1GB ($3,000.00)
    As above for use with Sega Saturn.

EM400 MIRAGE CD-ROM EMULATOR 2GB ($3,400.00)
    As EM300, but with 2GByte internal slide mounted HD

SCSI MIRAGE CD EMULATOR
    The SCSI Mirage a platform-independent CD Emulator designed to speed up application development and eliminate the expensive waste of multiple CD-R gold discs. The Mirage provides real-time hardware emulation, giving a "soft" CD that can be completely recreated within a few seconds compared with nearly 20 minutes to burn a trial gold disc. Includes: fast 32-bit RISC processor, 8MBytes SDRAM, flash EPROM, 16-bit stereo sound output, three high-speed Ultra SCSI buses.

CD WRITERS
    The Yamaha CD Writers are submission approved by Sega. 71 Minute compatible. Can be connected to the Mirage to write CD-Rs directly from emulation files. Universal PSU.

YW100 YAMAHA CDE100 CD Writer ($1,600.00)
    4X Read, 4X Write CD Writer. Will write Sega Saturn compatible Gold Discs (see GD100).

YW102 YAMAHA CDE102 CD Writer ($1,150.00)
    4X Read, 2X Write CD Writer. Will write Sega Saturn compatible Gold Discs (see GD100)

GD100 SEGA GOLD DISCS - (10 PACK) ($200.00)
    Sega branded Saturn compatible gold discs

GD110 SEGA GOLD DISCS - (100 PACK) ($1,760.00)
    Sega branded Saturn compatible gold discs

CABLES Available in various lengths/configurations - call for pricing and availability.
    All development units include free, unlimited technical support.

pool7 likes this.
  9. retro

HI_Ricky, Logi26 and pool7 like this.
  10. crypton

crypton Active Member

Thanks for sharing this nice documents