PSX: Thrill Kill

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by _skitzo_, Dec 15, 2005.

1. _skitzo_

_skitzo_ Guest

I once played that at a friends house of mine. Apprently this was a UK release, later to be know as some WU-tang game. Apprently the game got banned due to gore ect...
    The version that I played seemed finshed but missing CG endings.
    Does anyone have seen this or have a more finshed version of the game?

2. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Try and search the forum before you make a new topic. This has been talked about in lengh and all the info you need should be there.

3. liquitt

liquitt Site Soldier

this is unreleased? aha, i bought my one in a shop...with a case, and a booklet... ;)

4. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Then its a fake...

5. Sally

Sally Guest

BuyAtari has a real pressed copy, I've tried to get it off of him but he won't trade/sell....

6. _skitzo_

_skitzo_ Guest

I thought it was out in U.K for abit till it was pulled

7. Sally

Sally Guest

Nope, it was canceled by EA because it was "too violent". The orininal developers leaked it anyway because they were pissed. The engine was later used in a few other games, one being the Wu-Tang fighter, another being the "Rockem-Sockem robots" game, and i can't remember the third... Generally considered the most pirated game on the psx.

Edit: Swaped developers for publishers... corrected.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2005
  8. Mr. Casual

Mr. Casual Champion of the Forum

I knew the developers leaked it! I think they have a site with a link to one of their emails for sending it to people that wanted it.

I think most games nowadays are probably a million times worse, though.

9. cahaz

cahaz Guardian of the Forum

the game was released and sold in very limited quantities, before getting removed off the shelves, from what i know.

10. idc

idc Spirited Member

From what I've seen and played of Thrill Kill, it's a bit ropey.

The gore didn't offend me, but the game's shitness quotient did.

11. Fabrizo

Fabrizo Resolute Member

I knew someone who was so hyped up about the game back in the day that they camped outside a store to purchase it on release. He said he got it (although I never personaly saw it), and then supposedly it was pulled litteraly an hour or two after the store opened.

I can't confirm any of this, but Its not even close to the only time i've heard about people getting copies at retail.

12. cahaz

cahaz Guardian of the Forum

that's abour right. Stores received their stocks, somes placed it on the shelves before the official release date, others waited for the d-day, but the game got removed very quickly. Some shops didnt even had the time to put it on the shelves.

Anyway. You can find some real, un-pirated, copies on E-Bay from time to time. It fits like a charm in any video game collection.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  13. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

I don't have a pressed copy I have a prototype on an offical CDR from Activision of all places. Go figure.

I don't buy the story that retail copies are out there. The front and back cover are out there for those with color copiers. That has led to the confusion.

14. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

Buyatari is correct. The only "pressed" copies of Thrill Kill are pirated copies. No official copies ever made it to stores.

-hl718