PSX Music Disk - My entry for the 1st PSDEV competition!

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by Avanaboy, May 22, 2012.

1. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

Seriously, who cares about some IRC logs? How does it even relate to ASSEMblergames?

Yes, it's pretty bare bones even for a simple intro. Basically the most complicated thing you have in there is the HIT player, which isn't even something you coded on your own since it's derived from somebody else's libs.

Code complexity doesn't come from size: it comes from actual features and smart coding, which your program clearly lacks as you seem to have very weak grasps of programming. Even the simplest part, text scrolling, isn't handled correctly and consumes tons of memory for no actual reason, not to mention the bugs.

That's the whole point of posting on a forum board, duh. People express their own opinions, even if they aren't positive or enthusiastic.

2. Avanaboy

Avanaboy Spirited Member

So even If I don't take your judge in consideration , thank you for publish you words on a public forum :)

3. tails92

tails92 Spirited Member

PSX Music Disk? Wonder of a programmer! All the textures are in 16 bit format!... Don't make a step longer than your leg.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. Master13

Master13 Spirited Member

I don't mean to but in but I can't believe how disrespectful you are being to Tails92 who's done great things for the community and simply was posting his honest opinion of your work. He didn't judge you he judged your work know the difference.

5. H360

H360 Familiar Face

I dont want to get involved in this, but what NextVolume (Tails) said in the IRC log to Avanaboy wasn't nice at all. He called his girlfriend a bitch. Something he has not right in which to call because he does not even know the woman personally.

Where are the moderators, can we get this locked?

6. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

The only thing that needs to be locked is the drama, but constructive criticism should be kept. There's like a ton of it here, even if it's embedded among other irrelevant comments.

7. snk3x

snk3x Member

i burnt a copy of this, i started it but it looks like a pal game the picture was bouncy. audio was great.

8. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

The judging of this competition will be by non programmers (or poor ones) and is therefore pointless anyway.

9. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Well you dont have to vote just because it is well programmed or not. Anyone can vote if they like it because of the music, graphics, function, etc.

Anyway, it doesn't seem as if the competition is going too well. Looks like it may be a draw seeming as we only have two entries -_-

10. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

If the competition is to encourage programmers/devs and poor programmers get the rewards - good programmers wont bother and bad programmers will believe they are good.

Lose - Lose

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  11. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Well the poor programmers wont have as many votes compared to the programmers/dev's with their game/program that has more votes. It's a free vote afterall.

I mean, the competition is not well known, and wont be until PSIO has been launched and they actually know there is a PS1 development scene.

Its something I thought, "Why not give it a go. Wont hurt".

12. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

You can make something look pretty to non programmers that is still programmed badly.

If the votes arent cast by programmers, poorly programmed apps will get just as many votes.

13. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

We all start some where, every you write a program or start a project it will get better. No body has been shot out a vagina with pure skill of anything.

Regardless, small intros, music changers, graphics what ever it's a program he made, leave the personal insults out of the forums... Just as a few others mentioned, Tails commented on your work but he did pick on the very VERY small word of PS Legends... It's something a group of school kids would name their group but what ever, that had nothing to do with the program.

14. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

You should know better than that by now lol

15. tails92

tails92 Spirited Member

Bawwww... I'm so mean. Way to take things out of context, we were just throwing insults at each other. This happens all the time.But you know, anything to make me look bad, is good I guess. And if you did not want to be involved, why that post?You are miserably hypocrite... like the fact that you state that that copycat of an IRC channel on efnet belongs to the users of the 1990s, while I perfectly know that you wanted the channel to be yours but it couldn't be in the end because EFNet has no services. I was told this by someone...At least I can keep what I say objectively about a person reasonably independent from my own idea of the person, in my "review" there's no place where I called avanaboy an idiot. Also, about the "psx legends" thing, the fact that they want to take over PSXDEV is annoying to say the least. They're both not entitled to, and they mostly lack the skill to pull a thing like that off.

16. Vosse

Vosse Well Known Member

Oh lord this thread!

17. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Alright then mate. You're the greatest PSX programmer the world, you have the greatest SDK and everyone should use it, you own all the channel, you revived the PSX scene and were all idiots.

Satisfied?

18. tails92

tails92 Spirited Member

No, because that's very far from what I think. I leave to people to think what they want about me.
    What can't be denied is that I have contributed much more than you.

<haunted98> if you were such a great programmer Guiseppe Gatta, then you would use PSY-Q and not make your own SDK.

19. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Then what do you think?

You're right! You have contributed more than me. You're awesome! You're the greatest!!

20. tails92

tails92 Spirited Member

No comment.. I don't know really, what you're trying to accomplish.