PSX DVR Problem

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by Unknown-Organization, May 26, 2015.

1. vitas155

vitas155 Rapidly Rising Member

I still use my PSX DESR-7500 to record some films and programs from TV channels, while I am in Russia, and the recording is simple, we are now mostly broadcasting digitally in DVB-T2 format, but my old 40 the inch SONY Bravia supports only the DVB-T format, I use a TV set-top box to watch channels, it can output a video signal through its HDMI and composite outputs at the same time, this is what I use, the TV set-top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, and composite cable to one of the composite inputs on the PSX, thus Oh, I can watch TV channels either directly through TV using a set-top box, or through PSX using its composite input, and regardless of whether I watch TV through a TV directly or through PSX, I can record the programs or films I need just by pressing the record button on the PSX remote, or set the recording time through the PSX menu, the console is connected to my TV with D-Terminal-> Component cable

By the way, another interesting feature with regards to the PSX remote control, if you have an old SONY BRAVIA TV that has an old-style TV remote control with an infrared sensor, then you can control some functions of your TV directly from the PSX remote control; for this, there are 6 buttons on the top right of the PSX remote control starting from 2nd, a small green button allows you to turn your TV on or off, the button below select a signal source on the TV, for example, HDMI component input or TV antenna
    4 more buttons below control the volume of the TV, and switching channels on it :)

2. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

I can see it written there: TV power ("terebi dengen"), the input selection button ("nyuryoku 'something'" as I don't know what is the other two kanji), "channel" in phonetic English and sound volume ("onryo")

Do you know if the D-Terminal output signals have macrovision in them?

3. vitas155

I don’t quite understand what is at stake, can it be somehow easier to explain?
    if you're talking about macrovisions protection I don’t even know how it should look on PSX, at least everything I need works without problems:)

4. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

The PSX outputs macrovision when the OSD display is active probably to keep people from recording TV signals from it using a VCR while it is displaying. Likely because it comes with a satelite receiver too (Japanese BS Dish standard). I want to know if the component video being output at the D-Tanshi plug is protected with macrovision too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_(satellite)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  5. vitas155

But how to check it? I record video through composite input, and I output the signal to the TV via the D-Terminal-> Component cable, my recorded videos are displayed absolutely normal, and I can perform any operations with them