PSVita prototype thread (Dont expect much)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by PixelButts, Apr 26, 2016.

1. jamespoo

jamespoo Peppy Member

this is so cool

2. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

Are you gonna dump the first NX proto too?

good, PixelButts and NexTheReal like this.
  3. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Oh you

4. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

5. SparkPlug

SparkPlug Newly Registered

Yo, I'm the dude with the Ultra Despair Girls test cart you were talking to on /vg/. If you want a time-stamped photo, I can oblige. I'm definitely interested in dumping this thing, if it's possible. I've got to admit I'm kinda curious myself if the extra RAM mode really isn't a problem using your method, and it would be nice to contribute something if I can.

PixelButts likes this.
  6. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Welcome to Assemblergames first off

The pastebin should walk you through most of the process. Once the contents are dumped you can link the files (or PM me, your call). From there I can probably take over and pack it accordingly and update the main post with the build. Speaking of which I need to add the adventure time one back now that things have calmed down.

Timestamp isn't needed, usually just pics of it will do (and most of the time aren't needed), same for it running if you want to. It's very laid back here.

The only time a timestamp and name are needed is if a sale is being made, or if you need more info on an item as pictures usually help there.

yogster likes this.
  7. SparkPlug

Alright, cool. Everything in the pastebin makes sense except the very first portion of it (detailing patching app.db), though that's probably because it was written for people that already know the filesystem better than I do. If I could get some help with that, it would be great.

8. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Heres an idea of what they're going for.
    For steps 1 - 3 you create a new record under tbl_uri with the specified contents (image 1 highlighted change ux0 to gro0 because its a game card, not digital), then under tbl_appinfo you locate the one with the path to the eboot.bin for NPXS10000 and replace it with the following contents (image 2 highlighted - key is ignored, just change the path)

From there you then follow the later part of the pastebin

ss (2016-08-30 at 09.24.44).png ss (2016-08-30 at 09.25.45).png

9. SparkPlug

Alright, got it. Thanks. I made a backup of my original app.db incase I screw something up... I'll get back to you near the end of the guide, assuming the dumps go well.

Edit: Do I have to overwrite app.db using the email app, or will using VitaShell suffice?

PixelButts likes this.
  10. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I'm assuming you already figured it out, but yes you do overwrite the app.db (doesnt matter what method - vitashell is easiest).
    Saw your post in thread and someone said it's still encrypted which is true but that's not something to worry about. The image you initially showed where everything was scrambled was the issue, the new one showing that it's changed is what SHOULD have happened.

Eboots by default are encrypted (singed) so thats what they were going on about. A decrypted eboot would be an ELF file which then we resign and such.

I assume you're already copying the contents from the system after following the guide?

11. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

Yes.

12. Zecoxao

Zecoxao Active Member

prototype games such as the first one posted here aren't encrypted, only compressed. so there's no need to "decrypt" them since they're not encrypted.
    edit: i'm talking about the eboot. the pfs structure is something completely different

13. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Added a dump of UMvC3 1.01 review build
    VPK not here quite yet so only raw files are there for now

DRM is still here for said build interestingly. Removing PFS isnt an issue, but that DRM still is.

SILENT_Pavel likes this.