PSV DevKit SDK and Activation

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Socct Lu, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Socct Lu

Socct Lu Spirited Member

Please give a download link for the PSV SDK?
    Regular network activation, is there a way to solve it now?
    THX

2. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

1. The official PSV SDK is copyrighted materials, feel free to download a free, open source alternative here: https://vitasdk.org/

2. Why the hell do you own a piece of development hardware if you: - Don't know how to operate it; - Don't own the software to operate it; - Don't RTFM (I'll let you google for that achronym).

3. Pertaining to my previous point, what do you do with your devkits, other than collecting them and make pricing go up which prevent actual developers who know what they are doing and would make a proper use of them from obtaining one?

4. Officially you need to purchase one from the devnet (and obtain an official license from Sony) and then activate it following the procedure written there. (that is, downloading an afv and applying it to your console), if you can't do that you will need to figure out how to bypass the activation on your own, unless some generous soul here wants to point you to the right direction, but given how you keep asking basic questions you should know the answer of BEFORE obtaining those pieces of equipments; I am somewhat unwilling to provide further help in that regard.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

I'm not against people collecting devkits just for the sake of collecting; however I agree on the fact that you should familiarize yourself with the devkit and do some google searches before asking. I can only say some versions of the SDK have been leaked and I heard about a solution for activation (I think it has some limitations), but that's as far I know.

4. Socct Lu

Socct Lu Spirited Member

Thank you for your help, I have found the solution.:):D