PSP DTP-T1000 Help

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by pspwill, Oct 20, 2016.

1. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

I recently acquired a DTP-T1000 and am having some issues using it. When I first booted I was greeted with a screen on the PSP controller showing an IP address which I could not access (it just timed out). I reset the TOOL using the System Init button and it restored to version 1.0 and I can now access the web interface. I updated via the web interface to version 1.5 using the SDK file obtained from this thread. In the web interface I can see that my userland version is now 1.5 but the kernel still reports 1.0.

Reading the instructions for flashing included with the SDK it says I need to run dstdb, dspcons, and dsxfilesv to load in kernel updates. However when I run any of these tools on my Arch Linux box I just get the error 'cannot connect' (for example running dstdb -sc -d ip.addr). At this points I'm out of ideas as to how to properly update my devtool.

Also from reading around it seems that it would be a lot more useful to update to more recent software version but I haven't been able to find suitable tool updates for any newer versions. In the download thread linked before there are links to other testing tool updates but these are all distributed as EBOOT files which AFAIK can't be installed?

Can anyone provide me with any assistance or newer versions of DTP-T1000 software?

2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Ive had the kernel still report 1.0 before. If its updated, I wouldnt worry about that too much. Test firmwares sadly wont help you any, different hardware.

finalkillcams likes this.
  3. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

Yeah I'm not too worried about updating it, I'm more worried about the fact that I don't seem to be able to connect to it correctly. My understanding is that without being able to run bloadp from dstdb I won't be able to actually do anything with my tool.

4. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

Hum...That's odd, I haven't had any issues connecting to my dtp-t1000 units using dstdb. Are you sure you don't have a firewall set on? The only time I couldn't connect was when target manager was already connected to my units, it just didn't like that.

You may also use the windows based tools to update to 1.50 directly, although you still need to use bloadp on this version every time you boot.

I would help you, but I can't risk sharing copyrighted materials (I am too much of a public figure) one would assume people getting these units would have the files required to make it work beforehand.
    A Development Tool isn't as straightforward to operate as would be a retail psp or even a Testing Tool. People can't assume they just need to power it on and it'll work, the psp devkit has been designed early on in such a way that it's just a massive paperweight without the appropriate files. They loosened some of these restrictions starting with firmware 2.60 (it can boot in system software mode without the kbooti) and again in 5.00 (it can boot in debugger and system software mode without the kbooti) but you still need a way to update to these firmware, you'd also need the sdk to make the use of a development kit relevant.

5. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

I've now managed to communicate using dstdb by running it on a 32-bit Ubuntu VM instead of my 64-bit Arch box with 32-bit libraries installed. I've now had some success running the samples included with CodeWarrior. I understand about not wanting to share files and I now see what you mean about the clunkyness of having to run the kbooti and reset everytime to boot into the VSH. I'm still having trouble booting a UMD though. If I press the drive select button the LED just flashes orange 3 times and remains set to DVD, regardless of what is inserted into either drive.

6. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

You have to hit the button when its first booting.

finalkillcams likes this.
  7. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

You need to have the psp unit turned off before you can switch the drive. (Just hold the power button on the controller, leave the main unit on)

Switching to the UMD often causes the vsh to hang on first boot, if that happens just reset it from pc (dsreset 200000000) and it'll work fine.