PSP Development Tool! DTP-T1000

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by Psycho, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Psycho

Psycho We've gone plaid!

Woohoo, got myself a PSP Dev Tool today... So, naturally, I had to take it apart...

And, compared to the Test Tool, the MB in this is _VERY_ different.... It's COMPLETELY populated all over, none of the large empty spaces... See Test Tool in this thread:
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16782
    Disassembly instructions work for both.

So, here's the MB:
    (Download huge image HERE. About 1MB, you can read all the text on the board).

[​IMG]

Now, as cool as that is, I have to admit I'm more of a collector than a user, and this is my first Sony Dev Tool of any kind... Anyone have even a remote clue as to how to use this (that they can share)? I just basically want to get it to play a game off UMD or DVD-R... I don't need it debugging code and such... When I turn it on, the PSP controller displays this:

[​IMG]
    (But obviously with a real MAC Address)
    And that's all I can get it to do... I haven't tried to connect to it via network in any way, but I thought I'd ask here first in case there's someone here that's used one... Does it need to be connected to a PS2 TOOL to do anything, or can it at least be made to play a game?

(Oh yeah, there was a game on DVD-R in the thing when I got it! That was kind of a cool surprise...)

Well, if anyone can give me any tips on this, that would be great!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  2. Parris

Parris I'm only here to observe...

Really pleased that someone I know ended up with the unit - I see a nice amendment to the guide coming from you ;-)

Coolest thing I have seen for a while (other than the GSCube). P.S. you have a PM!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  3. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

You should connect the dtp-t1000 to the network and reach its IP in a webbrowser, you can find its manual here: https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=406107&fcc_id='AK8DTPT1000'

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  4. Pikkon

Pikkon "Moving in Stereo"

Hmm,I thought you need the psp sdk in order to play games on the psp dev tool,but I could be wrong.

5. macwest

macwest Resolute Member

your right, some tools on the sdk are needed. test will play out of the box no sdk required.

6. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

Snsys Target Manager or Codewarrior CWComutil should be enough, right?

7. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

I feel like crying, i am extremely jealous but happy that someone finally has one. Thanks for the pictures!

8. Parris

As far as I know, this isn't the first of these units (Tool, not Test) in an AG members hands. Don't like mentioning names, so won't but I had heard a certain USA member was furnished with a PSP Development Tool.

9. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

I had a feeling they would have but this is the first I know about. Although some may have the tool do any of them have the actual SDK to go with it?

10. Parris

Now that is an entirely different question and one that only they (he/she) could answer!