PSP CFW Question

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by cawley1, Oct 13, 2014.

1. cawley1

cawley1 Spirited Member

Guys,
    I have just gotten hold of a PSPgo, and having some 'fun' getting PSone games (PSX2PSP) with CD audio to work. I have read all the reasons there seem to be be an issue with this, so I won't go through all that again :)

What I have figured out is that bought or pirated PSN PSone Classics will work with the original audio, and in many cases, they are also smaller than the PSX2PSP versions I already have. But... 6.60 PRO-C2 firmware will not allow you to run pirate PSN PSone Classics, you get the (FFFFFFFF) error...

So, I downloaded 6.60 PRO-B10 FIX1 as apparently they work on this CFW, and I can now get the PSN PSone Classics to work, and the one I tested -Puzzle Bobble 2- does indeed have the audio that is missing from my own Bust a Move 2 rip from my original disc. All good so far.

My main question is - is is OK to keep swapping between PRO-B10 and PRO-C2? I have only done it once, and it seems fine, but there is clearly flashing going on each time I switch CFW (I power down to OFW before I swap CFW) and I don't want to brick this thing if it's a bad idea to keep flashing everytime I want to play a PSone game with CD audio!

Let me know,
    Thanks,
    Paul

2. CountDuckula

CountDuckula Member

What's the reason for needing to go back to PRO-C2? I just run 6.2 pro-c2 with the perm patch on both of my GOs and haven't had any issues.
    I guess I mostly use them for PSN PS1 games and emulators so wouldn't see any possible issues with POPS or the really late PSP game releases.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  3. Tiibz

Tiibz Rising Member

It's not a good idea to always swap and flash CFW indeed, with time it could damage the chip storing the FW
    as said before stay on one CFW, there is no reason not too

4. cawley1

cawley1 Spirited Member

Guys, thanks for the replies. I think part of the issue I have is I originally had permanent CFW on my PSP 1000 & 2000, and it's only since having a 3000 unit that I have had a temporary CFW and clearly when the unit powers down and you re-run the CFW update, it's not doing a full flash anyway.

I thought that perma-patches were a bit dodgy, which is why I have steered clear of doing that on my 3000.

Back to the go, I guess I will stick with PRO-B10 for now, I'm sure the majority of what I use the PSP for (PSone and Emulators) will work just fine.

Anyone know of any major downsides to PRO-B10 over PRO-C2 on 6.60?

5. master991

master991 Enthusiastic Member

Don't downgrade to pro b10, it's old and contains some old bugs. At least upgrade to PRO C1 or use rahim-us unofficial version (better and withouth any know bugs).

@tiibz: Your statement its not "all" true :p To degrade PSP nand you need very loots of flashing

6. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

Use a light custom firmware. 0% risk of brick and all it takes is keep the launcher on the psp game folder. No big deal. You even have the option of going legit if you power cycle the unit.

I use LME 6.60, it flashes like just 10 tiny files on flash0 and they're only active when you're running the CFW.

7. master991

He can also instal the rahim-us unofficial 6.20 LME wich have PRO greats feature (anti-cfw feature and the inferno driver)

By the way the best CFW at moments are this
    6.xx uLME\ME
    and
    6.xx uPRO

And if you the right things brick possibilities are 0%, both CFW are widely tested by community without any problem ;)

8. l_oliveira

The only reason to run 6.20 would be make the CFW permanent, as 6.20 doesn't have ESCDA signing on system files. 6.37 and up do (that was how they blocked Datel's cheat device).

Using a older FW also give you extra trouble of having to decrypt and patch games. Best use the latest version and use the games in their original format. I, personally loathe hacked/stripped or modified games.

9. master991

No, 6.20 fw can also lunch games that requires 6.60 FW. They have built-in new decrypting keys or a thingh like this :p

10. l_oliveira

No, the legit one can not. :p

I can run my legit PSN games in it too. :p :p

11. master991

ops my error, i'm talking about 6.20 CFWs :p