PSOne LCD Screen Power Problem

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by Ghudda, Oct 1, 2013.

1. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Read the thread and try the things mentioned first.

2. M54B25

M54B25 Spirited Member

I have a problem with PS One LCD screen (NTSC-J). PS1 fuse blows right after start. By checking the PCB for a short circuit, the DP1 element (CII 133 ZHU) warms up. The element looks like a diode, but I do not know what. Does anyone have a schematic of this PCB?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. segasonicfan

segasonicfan Spirited Member

"When a fuse blows it blows for a reason. Bypassing it is just asking for trouble and so long as you don't mind likely killing the screen bypassing is a fine idea."
    +1
    Don't replace or short the fuse without troubleshooting the board.

There are no schematics available for this design as far as I know. That is definitely a diode though, it looks like a 1-2A shottky would do the trick.

I'm also looking for a broken one of these for parts.... If anyone wants to donate....

4. Nully

Nully Intrepid Member

Anyone own one of these Intec screens, I just won a lot with it in it for next to nothing to try to fix it. Any idea what power supply rating it takes, can't find any useful info online besides it looks like it only came with a 12v car charger. Anyone fix one before, probably a blown fuse from using the wrong power supply or something dumb, will post updates/repair log if I get it working.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  5. Nully

Nully Intrepid Member

12v 500ma works, it turns on. At first I had no video only sound, then saw the adjustments on the side and the brightness was just all the way down. So I can see an image, but it's somewhat rolling/unstable and the color is off.

Any usual suspects for an LCD screen doing this? Will probably just do a full re-cap, need to buy an LCR meter soonish. Also I don't recommend this in general as an alternative, it feels pretty cheap and the sound isn't the best, can't speak for the image quality but I paid like $3 for it so it'll work for me.

[​IMG]

The ribbon cable was glued in the connector or something, it's very thin and flimsy; I can't get it to make proper contact again without pressing all over it and contorting it, some great craftsmanship in this piece. :confused: I cut a piece of card stock to size and super glued it to the ribbon cable and we're back to having crappy video again.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018