PSBBN Archive

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by unclejun, Mar 11, 2012.

1. richi902

richi902 Robust Member

dont get me wrong!, i did not hack it, atleast not the magicgate related stuff, that comes from someone else(he whishes to stay unknow ,according to l_oliviera)
    i only did the partitions thing after a japanese tutorial found somewhere on the net, and then hacked around a little bit in the partitions, and translated it, fiddled around with channels...etc....

2. Punch

Punch RIP AsssemblerGames, never forget.

Nah just taking your time to translate partially the BBNav and to write the tutorials + videos was a great job! Thanks for all your work!

3. richi902

richi902 Robust Member

well, i just wanted to let sony know, that we are now able to run PS-BBN, on virtually ANY fat-ps2 out there. :p
    i still need to work on the translation, i'm just too lazy...lol

4. Punch

But there aren't any servers that run BBNav anymore, I don't think they care... hudson soft could care if they didn't go under.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  5. richi902

richi902 Robust Member

well the tecmo-koei channel is still online officially, and you can still download the "nobunaga no yabou" demo there(as long as you have a NTSC-J, also non-jap console's i belive).

and well Playstation-Now is also still online, sony just removed the link in "top.xml" to it....
    and the top-page from SCEJ Ch. is also online, but it say's that it stopt it's operation.

6. Punch

I wonder why they didn't brought the BBNavigator to U.S.A., it would let ps2 beat Xbox's ass... not that it needed it haha.

Thanks for all this info Richi, I'm surprised that Koei has their page online still there... lazy asses prefer to let the server working in a locked room until it falls apart lol, kinda like Battlefield 2 Modern Combat which is still on for ps2, but no one can make new accounts... I still have mine saved on my memorycard lol and people still plays!

7. richi902

richi902 Robust Member

the koei channel is still updated, as its use is to inform the players about new patches/server maintances/etc...
    because "nobunaga no yabou online" is a MMORPG, the same as Final Fantasy 11,
    just that it was only released in japan on the ps2(there is also a PC version ,and i belive a PS3 version?).

and about battlefield, yeah that sucks, because i wanted to play that game myself....:/

8. Punch

Isn't it "Nobunaga's Ambition" a.k.a. the "Giant Enemy Crab on Ancient Japan" game on PS3?

And is there any way to transfer saves? I could let you use my account to play it, if you wish. It's pretty cool as a PS2 title. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  9. richi902

richi902 Robust Member

the "giant enemy crab's weak spot for massive damage" was "genji" i think :p.

and save games can be trasfere with ule, pretty simple.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  10. Punch

I'll pass it via PM (take note it's the NTSC US ver.)

11. GENERiC

GENERiC Active Member

Please seed or reupload the files(first part is only alive, but download speed is less than 70kB/s).

12. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

I can try to upload it to a file sharing site, but it will take a long time... I'll let you know if I succeed.

13. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

I added a torrent to the first post.

14. vitas155

vitas155 Rapidly Rising Member

why on your torrent there is nobody on distribution? and references in the first post dead all but the first. Upload files please, or at least rise on torrent distribution :rolleyes-new:

15. unclejun

Torrent is up, for now...

16. AltRN8

AltRN8 Spirited Member

Any chance to get the torrent up again?

17. unclejun

It's up.

18. angelwolf71885

angelwolf71885 Dauntless Member

ive seen it posted here oliveria that it was HDL that spoiled BBnavi there are only 3 vershions
    and is relitively rare it would of just been a pirates field day because BBnavi supported diskless booting
    and sony always takes the kill a fly with a nuke approach they couldent stop HDL so they came out with the slim PS2
    and soon after the v15 to fully kill hard drive left overs in the slims

19. AKuHAK

AKuHAK Spirited Member

one question - how to get access to existing channels like bbguide for example? When i try to get http://bb-scej.scei.co.jp/bbguide/main.xml it returns

20. krHACKen

krHACKen #CNNisISIS

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012