PS4 Kiosks on the decline?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Development (4,Pro)' started by Roc6d, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Roc6d

Roc6d Active Member

Im not sure if this the right thread to post this topic...so if it has to be moved please do so.

Anywho has anyone noticed a decline in ps4 kiosks in stores lately?
    Just recently in my small area ive been seeing ps4 and xbox one kiosks
    leaving stores like best buy and etc.

I think its in response of stores gearing up for the big sale push for ps4 pro vs xbox one x.

Last thought or question that comes to mind..
    How could one ask retail stores if they still have their kiosk around or have any material around for collectors?

2. PixelButts

PixelButts Well Known Member

Kiosks arent owned by the store. They're essentially rented out systems. Giving a kiosk system to an unauthorized party would lead to trouble except in cases where it's going to be thrown out and disposed of which has potential to be let go of but generally isn't legally supposed to happen

3. Roc6d

Roc6d Active Member

Interesting..wouldnt that be the same case for dev or test kits?

4. PixelButts

PixelButts Well Known Member

Yes

5. Vadar

Vadar Video Game Collector | XDK & RGH Owner

First hand information,
    PS4 Kiosk consoles are abolutely shit when they come to reliability. Working at an Independent Video Game store we have had a total of I think 9 callouts for the console breaking, usually Firmware corruptions preventing it from booting. Aswell as that in the UK the store "Game" currently has a boycot against Playstation regarding an altercation that happened in one of their London stores where a rep from Sony was visiting and some things that were not meant to be said/displayed (Were supposed to be told to "Game"'s management) to the store staff were discussed and a M$ rep walked in, Took pictures of private content and left to feed back to his higher ups. Ever since Game have all playstation pods nationwide turned off because of this to show how unhappy they are.

Roc6d likes this.
  6. Roc6d

Roc6d Active Member

Hmm..this is interesting indeed. I know in my area both kiosks from microsoft and sony are gone from stores