PS3 slim 3004A

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by gorgyrip, Mar 31, 2019.

1. gorgyrip

gorgyrip Gutsy Member

The console came opened. No screws. The hdd is missing.
    I connect the power cable and the red light turns on. I press the power button and the light turns green. No imege/sound on hdmi or on composite. My tv says no signal. After about 30 seconds the console turns off. No light led, nothing. What could be the problem?
    PS: the power supply is EADP-185AB.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  2. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Fiery Member

When it shuts off, the LED is off? No beeps? Will it power back on after or do you have to unplug it first?

3. gorgyrip

gorgyrip Gutsy Member

When it shuts off there's no light and no beep. I don't need to unplug it. I press the power button again and the led will be red. If I press it again it will turn green and the cycle repeats. I also tried recovery mode. It doesn't work.

EDIT: A friend told me that it's possible to be a brick. I connected tristate to gnd and now the console doesn't power off. I left it for about 6 minutes. I hope my teensy will arive soon :)
    So it's normal for the tv to say "no signal" if the console's bricked?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  4. Conte Zero

Conte Zero Rapidly Rising Member

Why a 3004A should be bricked? You can't install a CFW so no need to write to nand. Did you put an hdd inside? Without doesn'tboot.

5. gorgyrip

gorgyrip Gutsy Member

Yes, I used a hdd. It can be bricked because people don't believe the 3000 slims can't be downgraded. And when they try, they brick them. At least that's what I'm hopping.

6. gorgyrip

gorgyrip Gutsy Member

I finally got a teensy. I soldered everything and the console it's still powering off after 30 seconds. I soldered tristate to gnd and the console stays on. Now i was able to dump the nor. I opened the dump in PyPS3checker and it gives me a warning about sku identification. I opened the dump in PS3DumpChecker v1.0 build 496 and it says that everything is ok. Here's the dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojj83us1gcs53jj/Nand1.bin?dl=0
    What else should i try?