PS2Netbox / PS2USB network adapter

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by ps2netbox, Jan 2, 2018.

1. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

I see, okay. However, FYI, Burnout games:

SLES 504.45
    SLES 510.44
    SLES 525.84
    SLES 546.27
    SLES 535.07

Either hang on a black screen during boot time or on the ensuing loading screen before the main menu appears after the latest update 2018/03/23. Last version I tested and played these without issue was on Version 2018/01/24

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    AlGollan84 likes this.
  2. ps2netbox

ps2netbox Spirited Member

I make a test on Game SLUS 210.50 since I not found game isos above .

Please try this :
    1) Unplug usb communication port , use USB power port only .
    2) Turn on Settings/Game use usb port .

I think whis will make some or all games above ok .

Please download it here :
    https://www.abittop.com/forums/topic/opl-test-2018-3-26/

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  3. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

Can confirm latest the update 03/26, all Burnout titles now work again, including all USA SCUS varients. No game USB setting enabled (default). Thanks:)

AlGollan84 likes this.
  4. AlGollan84

AlGollan84 Spirited Member

Bonjour.

A priori, il y a des Update qui provoquent des régressions dans le code du OPL "spécial", il faut donc être patient et prudent avant de pouvoir considérer que ce logiciel est sans bug.
    Une liste de compatibilité pour les Anglophiles va être distribuée, j'en suis le créateur. Elle sera de la même forme que celles produites pour le POPStarter et aussi le OPL "officiel". Le développeur du OPL "spécial" (ps2netbox) sera chargé de la diffusion sur les sites qu'il jugera intéressant. Pour remplir la liste de vos résultats de tests, rien de plus simple, vous passerez par le formulaire d'aide à la saisie des données (comme pour POPStarter). Une quarantaine de jeux PAL y sont déjà renseignés, le "Mode-9" y est ajouté. Certains tests sont à reconsidérer suite à l'apparition très récente du "Mode-9".

Je suis de très près les différentes évolutions du OPL, le matériel ne changeant pas. Soyez prudents avant de supprimer un OPL stable de vos cartes mémoires. Même conseil pour les installations des "Flash" dans vos interfaces.

Merci de m'avoir lu.

In Engrish by Google :
    Hello.

A priori, there are updates that cause regressions in the code of the OPL "special", so be patient and careful before you can consider that this software is bug-free.
    A list of compatibility for Anglophiles will be distributed, I am the creator. It will be of the same form as those produced for the POPStarter and also the "official" OPL. The developer of the OPL "special" (ps2netbox) will be responsible for the dissemination on the sites that he deems interesting. To fill the list of your test results, nothing more simple, you will go through the data entry help form (as for POPStarter). About forty PAL games are already filled in, the "Mode-9" is added. Some tests are to be reconsidered following the very recent appearance of "Mode-9".

I am very close to the different developments of the OPL, the material does not change. Be careful before removing a stable OPL from your memory cards. Same advice for installations of "Flash" in your interfaces.

Thanks for reading me.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  5. csdesign

csdesign Member

My ideia is to complete replace DVD drive from slim and put inside 2.5" HDD, is there any possibility of selling the netbox without the box(only board)? My ideia is to solder lan pins inside directly from ps2 board to the netbox board.

best regards
    carlos

6. ps2netbox

There are some users actually do this .
    You need solder 4 wires ( Ethernet txd+-, rxd+-) to your ps2 .
    But we do not sell bare board .

7. Shenmue_Trilogy

Shenmue_Trilogy Rapidly Rising Member

@ps2netbox

is there any disadvantages of the PS2Netbox (for ps2slim) compared to standard OPL in combination with streaming games via network cable?

8. ps2netbox

1) We support fewer language than Official OPL .
    2) PS2Netbox use usb to emulate mass device . If user use usb device , eg : light gun , user need additional settings ( setting/game use usb device), and unplug usb communication port .
    Official OPL does not need these steps.
    3)PS2Netbox 's price is between high end NAS and low end router with usb port .
    Some user will think it is expensive .
    4) You must use a dedicated hard disk for PS2Netbox , meanwhile , you can share same hard disk with NAS.
    5) The maximum hard disk size for PS2Netbox is 2TB . Nas may support larger hard disk .
    6) PS2Netbox only support exfat (and PS2) filesystem . Nas may support NTFS also .

But PS2Netbox is the best device for PS2 slim in my eyes ;)

AlGollan84 likes this.
  9. Shenmue_Trilogy

Thanks. I have sent you a PM :)

10. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

I have had the netbox unit for 2 months, along with another guy who has now recently setup an English Fb group for support and general discussion and imo, it's the best PS2 slim solution right now and i have tried and tested every other solution for Slim and phat models using official opl for years.

It's designed for ease of use and is a plug n play solution (drag n drop) isos on a Exfat partitioned drive into their corrosponding folders and that's it. Imo, it's the faster than ide/sata internal, especially on initial boot up, as it uses a cache file for installed titles (an example of 355 games installed) takes litterly 3-5 secs to show all.

Compatibilty is on par with official opl and in some ways better, due to additional modes like Mode 9.

ps2netbox likes this.
  11. AlGollan84

AlGollan84 Spirited Member

Hello.

I find that some of you have bought these interfaces for us aging PS2 (Slim and Fat). I collaborate with our kind "ps2netbox" and I present you the list "official" that I proposed to "Huang Jie" and his associate "Leo Chow" (they accepted).

This list includes only forty games carefully tested by my team of friends (local club). It is write-protected and you must go through the Entry Form that is attached. This list has two tabs at the bottom of the screen, the first is for the interface "NetBox" and the second for the "PS2USB2.0". All tested games are PS2 games of type PAL. It is up to you that this list of compatibility grows and improves by your remarks on this site but also on others that I will communicate to you in good time. Submitted games can be of all types (NTSC and PAL).
    Here are the links to the list and its form (current):
    compatibility list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qDKfmdjMsUfiXr9TeuvuzkX_o_jZAgEPFkTThG8uhNk/edit#
    input form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBTEb8wKnKY7WmPsUq5f40FshUwol93mHH-wOtPOxsONxkqw/viewform

In French (my language) :
    Je constate que certains d'entre vous ont acheté ces interfaces pour nous vieillissantes PS2 (Slim et Fat). Je collabore avec notre aimable "ps2netbox" et je vous présente la liste "officielle" que j'ai proposé à "Huang Jie" et son associé "Leo Chow" (ils ont accepté).

Cette liste ne comporte qu'une quarantaine de jeux testés avec soins par mon équipe d'amis (club local). Elle est protégée en écriture et vous devez en passer par le Formulaire d'entré qui est joint. Cette liste comporte deux onglets en bas de l'écran, le premier est destiné à l'interface "NetBox" et le second à la "PS2USB2.0". Tous les jeux testés sont des jeux PS2 de type PAL. Il ne tient qu'à vous que cette liste de compatibilité grandisse et s'améliore par vos remarques sur ce site mais aussi sur d'autres que je vous communiquerai en temps utiles. Les jeux soumis peuvent être de tous types (NTSC et PAL).
    Voici les liens vers la liste et son formulaire (actuel) :
    liste de compatibilité : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qDKfmdjMsUfiXr9TeuvuzkX_o_jZAgEPFkTThG8uhNk/edit#
    formulaire de saisie : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBTEb8wKnKY7WmPsUq5f40FshUwol93mHH-wOtPOxsONxkqw/viewform

Kind regards.

krisk77 likes this.
  12. csdesign

csdesign Member

Thanks for the info...

13. Shenmue_Trilogy

14. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

I heard that ps2netbox supports exFAT. Was there a reason why NTFS wasn't implemented instead?

15. Jolek

Jolek Spirited Member

@ps2netbox after few game tests, currently I have a problem with WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game for PS1 (tested with r13_RIP_06).
    Sound crushes every second.
    Tried every compatibility mode, unfortunately without positive results.
    With USB device I don't have any problem with this game and no compatibility mode is needed.

With Shadow Man: 2econd Coming I've missing textures (like with normal OPL through SMB).
    [​IMG]
    Tried many variants of compatibility modes.
    Possibly due to a lack of IOP RAM.

With USB everything is fine.
    [​IMG]

16. Jolek

Jolek Spirited Member

Here are covers for SMS and ULE for this OPL fork:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Covers should be copy\put in OPL\ART folder.
    Taken from here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160914230636/http://opl.sksapps.com:80/index.php?opl=apps_cov.html.

BTW If your apps are named eg "SMS.SYS", "ULE.SYS".
    Your covers should be "SMS_COV.png", "ULE_COV.png",
    not "SMS.SYS_COV.png", "ULE.SYS_COV.png".

@sp193 also uLe and SMS supports exFAT, launched through this OPL fork.
    Launched normally (without through OPL) nothing is shown in mass.

BTW tried SMS and movies plays fine.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    AlGollan84 likes this.
  17. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

He cannot fix this or any other PS1 issues. The main POPS dev left the scene leaving the project closed source and permission was only given to use it in Netbox's OPL fork.

AlGollan84 likes this.
  18. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Thanks, but that is because of the functionality of ps2netbox. If we want to implement such a thing for the PS2SDK so that other software may use it own their own, then we still need to do some work.

@ps2netbox: to clarify, I wanted to ask about the programming considerations.
    It was 7 years ago when I attempted to port ntfs-3g, which was not completed. But I was not so good with coding for the PS2 yet and did not have a T10000 in 2011.
    Since you chose exFAT instead of NTFS, I was wondering if you did that because exFAT was easier to work with?

AlGollan84 likes this.
  19. ps2netbox

I'm very busy on a virtual cd-rom project , have not much time on ps2 .
    But I will fix bugs later .
    @csdesign
    Here is a picture from one user :
    ps2netbox_internal.jpg
    @sp193
    Yes, ps2netbox/ps2usb use Exfat filesystem (and ps2 filesystem).
    Exfat is much simpler than NTFS, so I chose Exfat.
    ( I have compiled NTFS-3G with PS2SDK , but did not do any test .)

If anyone want to port Exfat to PS2 , this maybe help .

I am very busy on virtual cd-rom project . So I must say sorry , I can not reply post / PM in time .

sp193 likes this.
  20. Shenmue_Trilogy

I got the ps2netbox today. Where do I find the modified OPL file for netbox?
    How do I install it on Memory Card? I already using the standard OPL via FCBM, Just copy the modfiied OPL to memory card?