[PS2]Sly 3 August 02 2005 Prototype

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Gou, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Gou

Gou Name Jeff

Hello everyone. I recently got my hands on this sly 3 prototype.
    It was built August 02 2005, and its PAL. It normally required a dongle, but i patched it.
    It's a fairly late build, but it still has some notable differences.
    I can confirm that it has all episodes until ep4. Episode 5 is there, but it's broken. You have to mess with memory in order to load it, and can only be played for free roam(freezes halfway through the first mission). I haven't played much of episode 6, so i cant confirm that its all there.
    There are a lot of debug menu strings on memory, so it should have a debug menu, but the way to enable it is unknown for now.
    The first Sly proto to get released. Have fun!

Edit: Update on the episodes. They are all there. In order to play ep5, you'll have to unlock all powerups before loading the map and it will work fine!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!xfoC2AKZ!5_IM7tK-qCoelqKu5u3XhbbzvwwiSN7i3xZulmzG_3c

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. Foas

Foas Prototype Enthusiast

Thanks for the release!

AntDRAG and Gou like this.
  3. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

Yooooooo, good stuff. Thank you for releasing this build!

Gou likes this.
  4. frogz2007

frogz2007 Rising Member

Thank you! Wow. I haven't logged onto here for quite some time and then I see this... Thanks a million, dude. It's about time that a build of one of the Sly Cooper games leaked (A build of the first game with the early Sly model and voice actor would be my holy grail, but that's a different story!)

5. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

the E3 demo for one of the Sly games leaked way back when, I think it was Sly 2

6. frogz2007

frogz2007 Rising Member

I'm more or less talking about private, non-public builds such as this one actually. From what the old pre-release images imply, the game had a very nice aesthetic to it... Meaning it had a much more cartoony appearance. Yes, it still looks like a cartoon in the final game, but it was even more extreme when Sly had his raspy voice (and he was a bit of a jerk compared to the final Sly lol). Here's a picture of what I mean (this is world 2, Mugshot's world). It just looked so cartoony whereas the final version has a much more real look to it.

[​IMG]

7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Aside from the button combo being L1+L2+R1+R2 does this happen to work? PS3 systems seem to get kicked back to the XMB if you do this because of some unknown error.
    game Screenshot 2018-06-21 23-54-15.png

frogz2007 and AntDRAG like this.
  8. Gou

Gou Name Jeff

It's a leftover from Sly 2. There is no rac3 demo in the disc(atleast from what i can tell)

frogz2007 and AntDRAG like this.
  9. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

That would explain it. Thanks for clarifying.

AntDRAG likes this.