[PS2] POPS stuff & POPStarter

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by krHACKen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

This is a problem of your television, i never got any game misaligned to the right (i have a CRT tv, the
    new tv's as LCD, LED, Plasma, etc. they are always unpredictably for show old low resolutions.

Best regards.

For the Tomb Raider games the audio CD do not works, is a problem well know and there is not a fix for it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. romeu46

romeu46 Newly Registered

So okay thank you

3. Antonioks

Antonioks Active Member

@ElPatas one thing I found interesting, care snes in satellite composite cable and is aligned, turn the ps2 by composite video cable and component cable and PS2 browser is aligned, ai no popstarter, opl, emulators is the image shifted to the right by my tests the problem is stronger at 240p, tested with a ps2 slim matrix 1.93 and a ps2 fat 39001 chip matrix 1.2 and gave the same result in both, and the more interesting given the slim ps2 for my grandson and he is playing in a tV 21 "pipe and the image is centered, it might not be a problem in the ps2 or on my tv, but a mismatch between the two.

4. krHACKen

krHACKen #CNNisISIS

My apologies for the delay. Hard for me to find the time to code and test stuff... Sorry.
    Here's the build with the long time requested BOOT.ELF launcher :
    POPStarter_r13_WIP_06_OBT_20151207.zip

Tested in a 30K and in a 77K, in SMB mode only, haven't found any problem. I sincerely hope there's nothing broken in the internal HDD and USB mode.

5. karenjan99

karenjan99 Rising Member

add a dvd support, (for making games with multiloader) ))))))
    thanx for latest beta)

6. Vedita BR

Vedita BR Rapidly Rising Member

new IGR is working nicely!!! Now i can exit directly to uLE like i always wished.

My wish list is almost complete :)
    1. SMB Support DONE!
    2. IGR exit to a memory card ELF DONE!
    3. Integrate GSM Engine and save the settings in TXT file inside the POPS Folder

AlGollan84 likes this.
  7. larrykoubiak

larrykoubiak Member

Awesome release krHACKen!!! The IGR works great, i can now keep on playing without ever getting up muhahaha :D
    Can't thank you enough for the great work, really, you spend a lot of your time making old nerds like me happy!

AlGollan84 likes this.
  8. Kmusho

Kmusho Member

Great work, krHACKen! This update is useful for many game tests!
    krHACKen, POPS is possible run BIN/CUE(or only BIN) images? I'm ok using .VCD files, but this question persists in my mind... Sorry if this question bother you.

9. carl88

carl88 Rapidly Rising Member

"Could not run the item" or popstarter.elf cant start in SMB mode since first rev13 beta 11.
    Duke Nukem LOB SLUS_010.02 not working

Vigalante 8 SLUS_005.10 is working now at rev 13 beta 13

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  10. carl88

carl88 Rapidly Rising Member

Wishlist next version low eating ram specially for Red Alert , sounds gone further playing for half hours.

11. alteredb

alteredb Member

Just gotta say guys that popstarter is awsome! Amazing work.

If only there could be a fix to solve the slowdown on ultimate doom and psxdoom. Those games play nowhere no matter what emu or system. Only popstarter has even managed to even get the game past the loading screen!

Teleporters sounds in twisted metal 3 are funky and all the duke nukem games are unplayable. Would be awsome to get those working!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  12. AlGollan84

AlGollan84 Spirited Member

Hello alteredb.

In EN.

Could you enter the ID of your games when you install them in your reports, please!

All your reports are missing ID and I do not go in, your reports will be destroyed altogether.

Thank you for your understanding and soon.

PS: you can pass through a small ID MP on this site, I will come immediately. It's so late...

In French.

Pourriez-vous entrer les ID de vos jeux quand vous les installez dans vos rapports SVP !

Tous vos rapports ont des ID manquants et je ne les entrerais pas, vos rapports seront détruit, tout simplement.

Merci de votre compréhension et à bientôt.

PS : vous pouvez passer les ID par un petit MP sur ce site, je les entrerai immédiatement. C'est trop tard.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  13. Anonymous Commentator

Anonymous Commentator Newly Registered

Hi, guys. This might seem like a dumb question, but my games FAIL to load with the latest beta (13). The SMB works fine, but when it comes to loading the VCDs, it gives me this:
    [​IMG]
    My configs are:
    Share folder name = ps2smb
    User auth = GUEST

My paths are:
    ps2smb/POPS/CrashBandicootCollection.VCD
    ps2smb/POPS/SB.CrashBandicootCollection.ELF
    ps2smb/POPS/POPS_IOX.PAK

And I understand it says "mass" on the screen, but according to a note left in the POPS, it says "any 'mass' you see is my lazyness of editing variables hehe" So am I really supposed to put the VCDs on a USB Stick or am I doing something wrong? My OPL version is "OPL_886_DB_all [38a73f5] w/ VMC, GSM, and ps2rd"

EDIT: Even with the VCD placed in mass:/POPS/CrashBandicootCollection.VCD, POPStarter still fails to initialize it.

14. larrykoubiak

larrykoubiak Member

Hello Anonymous Commentator,

in my experience, that message appears when the VCD name doesn't match exactly the ELF name, like you left the "(USA)" in the name or smtg. From what you posted, it doesn't seem to be the case, but best to double check. I see also that you use "Guest" as user auth, perhaps it's best that you don't specify any user at all since windows can be picky about blank passwords etc, but perhaps it worked with b12 in which case that shouldn't be the problem.

And your conf_elm.cfg file for OPL seems to be ok since the ELF launches...

Let us know if you figure it out, hope that helped a bit

15. Anonymous Commentator

Anonymous Commentator Newly Registered

Hi, sorry, but the files DO match. I even tried shortening it up to SB.CBC.ELF and CBC.VCD, it's no use.
    More info about my setup: I don't have an IPCONFIG.DAT, since it has been said before it was optional on SMB, and my SMBCONFIG.DAT is a single-line file (meaning it auths as a guest user) that looks like this:
    "X.X.X.X:445 ps2smb" (Yes, IPs do match, I use the same IP on OPL's SMB and it works just fine.)

I'll try beta 12 and post the results in a short while.
    EDIT: Well, I guess it wasn't necessary. Before trying b12, I've followed your advice and had put a password on my share. Now SMB works fine and doesn't even need the USB Stick as Jay-Jay says on PS2 Home :D

Thanks a lot, you've saved me from days of trouble.

16. AlGollan84

AlGollan84 Spirited Member

Bonjour.

Hé oui, notre ami "Larry" est un bon en terme de Réseau. IL est le meilleur fournisseur de rapport à l'heure actuelle sur la liste SMB. Lisez-la pour vous en assurer. Par la même, je t'en remercie vivement "Larry".

Bonne journée à vous tous, bon WE aussi.

Cordialement.

Algol.

17. ruffonetas

ruffonetas Member

I was following a project called psx4droid, and they sometimes comment fixes for games and other advances, recently they have been able to run the parasite eve 2 and vandal hearts 1 and 2 with a fix in the Root Counter (div counter) I found something in the sources of the emulator, perhaps this may help understand why these games fail, or I hope so :(

http://sourceforge.net/p/psx4droid/.../tree/psx4droid/jni/libpcsxcore/psxcounters.c

Line 398

MartinBiohazard likes this.
  18. larrykoubiak

larrykoubiak Member

Glad it worked out for you, in retrospect i should have indeed suggested to use a login with a password instead of no login/password at all, as that's actually easier to do in Windows, but it worked out so all's well :)

And indeed, some should perhaps tell Jay-Jay that smb loading is now working so he can update his FAQ, i thought of doing it but i'm not sure how public this information should be, so i'll let krHACKen be the judge since he develops it.

(French below)
    Et merci AlGollan, je ne mérite vraiment pas autant de louanges, il a trouvé la réponse malgré mon conseil un peu vague, et ma "production" est quelque peu diminuée cette semaine, du au fait que je jongle avec plusieurs projets. Mais comme je te l'ai dit, je ne serai jamais très loin de ce projet, vous aurez encore de mes nouvelles ;)

19. MartinBiohazard

MartinBiohazard Active Member

Interesting find, thanks for share it! I hope this could help krHACKen to fix Parasite Eve 2 to be able work in POPS! I'm sure there is a lot of people who wish to play it in POPS! :)

PD: Also, thanks a lot krHACKen for the new betas! awesome work as always! ;)

Greetings.

ruffonetas likes this.
  20. gledson999

gledson999 Member

I hope so much too ;) I can imaginate krHACKen say "now it's possible play Parasite Eve II" ;)

ruffonetas likes this.