[PS2] POPS stuff & POPStarter

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by krHACKen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

I think it will be appropiate and important close the other thread in the forum
    called "PSX play on PS2 USB".

Now POPStarter supports USB and is thousand times better than pops-00001, but
    still arrive new people with the hex editions in mind, maybe because they encounter
    the thread that is the only way for play with USB, and they do not know this thread
    and that the POPStarter supports USB.

A moderator or admin could post a link there to this thread in the last message and
    then close it.
    Just a suggestion for stop this kind of people who can piss off popstarter and the
    confusion for others newcomers.

Best regards.

2. Waats

Waats Member

Hot wheels turbo racing USA gives a black screen after the intro video.
    Breath of Fire 3 PAL FR works fine, and Breath of fire 4 PAL too.

I still use pops-00001 in order to play the temple ruins level on crash bandicoot 1. But this stuff lags like hell.

3. AlGollan84

AlGollan84 Spirited Member

Bonjour Tous.

Attention. L'administration des listes m'oblige à vous communiquer que tous les jeux que vous entrez par le formulaire doivent avoir tous les renseignements demandés. La correspondance "Nom du Jeu = ID du jeu" doit être la bonne. La taille du jeu (si un seul CD) ou les tailles de chaque CD (si plusieurs CD pour un jeu) doit aussi être donnée. Dans le cas de plusieurs CD pour un jeu, il faut indiquer ces tailles dans les commentaires. Si les renseignements sont incomplets, je les supprime. Ceux qui sont enregistrés et qui ne font que passer seront supprimés au bout d'un temps indéterminé car ils encombrent les listes et n'y font rien de bon, n'apportent rien.

Utiliser uLE pour avoir les tailles reconnues par la PS2 car les valeurs sont données en ko (et en Mo) et pas en ki (ou en Mi) comme le font certains systèmes d'exploitation. (Ex. Mi = 1 000 000 octets, et Mo = 1 048 576 octets, de même ko = 1024 octets et ki = 1000 octets)

Ces valeurs sont intéressantes pour ceux qui font des installations multiples en une seule ou plusieurs fois et qui ne veulent pas avoir de dépassement de capacité et une mauvaise surprise à la fin d'un long labeur.

J'ai posté le même message sur "metagames-eu.com".

Hello All.

Watch out. Administration lists requires me to inform you that all the games that you enter through the form should have all the information. Correspondence "Game Name = Game ID" must be good. The size of the game (if only one CD) or the sizes of each CD (if multiple CDs to a game) must also be given. In the case of multiple CDs to a game, you must specify the size in the comments. If the information is incomplete, I delete them. Those who are registered and who are just passing through will be deleted after an indeterminate time because they clutter the lists and there are no good, do not bring anything.

Use uLE for sizes recognized by the PS2 because the values ​​are given in kB (and MB) and not ki (or Mi) as some operating systems. (Ex. Mi = 1 000 000 Bytes and MB = 1 048 576 Bytes; kB = 1024 Bytes and ki = 1 000 Bytes).

These values ​​are useful for those doing multiple installations in one or more times and do not want to overflow and a nasty surprise at the end of a long work.

I posted the same message on "metagames-eu.com."

Kind regards. Thanks in advance.

4. karenjan99

karenjan99 Rising Member

Waats whats version of crash bandicoot you use to play level temple ruins? i tried popstarter rev 13 rev 12 and pops-00001, but the game freezes on that level

5. arkl1t32

arkl1t32 Member

I think he says about PAL version, because PAL version on pops-00001 runs very slow (NTSC runs on that version perfectly)

I've tested PAL SCES-00344 version on POPStarter v13 WIP2 and it crashed at temple ruins loading screen :(

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  6. Waats

Waats Member

I made a mistake. I ran it under ps2psxe and this lags like hell.
    I will try it under pops-00001

7. arkl1t32

arkl1t32 Member

In few hours or 2-3 days I'll post here few new skins for IGR in English and Polish (there is a possibility for other languages). One skin will be version of original IGR (it's finnished but i'll post it later with other skins).

For me PAL version in POPS-0001 USB runs VERY slow but NTSC runs ok

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  8. Waats

Waats Member

With pops-0001 the game still crashes when entering temple ruins. It is stuck on the loading screen.
    I run NTSC version on HDD for all my games. I have a PAL fat console.

9. arkl1t32

arkl1t32 Member

POPStarter replacement IGR images:

I've made few sets of new replacement IGR images. From now when i make new one i"ll just update this post and archives.

5 different themes are made in:
    -English
    -Polish
    -French

If you want your language just send me a PM with fully translation in your language, Then i'll make it and post it here.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Information how to properly make a select icons is in this post
    http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/ps2-pops-stuff.45347/page-38#post-771111

And here are the links:
    English pack
    Polish pack (Translated by me)
    French pack (Translated by AlGollan84)

Copy 3 .tm2 files from set you want and put them into POPS folder. for example mass:/POPS/IGR_....tm2
    FOR INTERNAL HDD VERSION YOU MUST CHANGE .tm2 extention to .TM2. On internal HDD file extentions MUST be in UPPERCASE (info by AlGollan84)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    krHACKen likes this.
  10. mrjaredbeta

mrjaredbeta Active Member

Awesome! Thanks a ton ark.

11. AlGollan84

AlGollan84 Spirited Member

FR : MERCI mon ami, je ne peux rien dire de mieux, Merci à toi. Je t'envoie bientôt un eMail pour tes Rapports que tu m'as donné.

A bientôt.

Algol.

EN : THANK YOU my friend, I can not say anything better, thank you. I send you an email soon for your reports that you gave me.

See you soon.

Algol.

12. MartinBiohazard

MartinBiohazard Active Member

Thanks a lot!

13. kurikai

kurikai Newly Registered

Crash bandicoot Pal also crashes on that level with the popstarter13 wip2

14. Waats

Waats Member

Every Crash Bandicoot version I tried crashed.
    This is a known bug also reported by kHn.

I just use ps2psxe to complete it with the codes

15. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

The game Speed Freaks/Speed Punks do not freezes due to the LibCrypt protection, it fails due to
    the emulation.
    The NTSC-U version freezes also in the "press start message" and the NTSC-U version do not
    have the LibCrypt protection, only the PAL version.
    The problem caused by the LibCrypt protection in the PAL version is that you can't play
    some races, then until the problem with emulation on press start message is not fixed
    we can't check the LibCrypt protection.
    Bad luck for this game.

Best regards.

16. Carlos96ps

Carlos96ps Member

Hey can we made we exit to mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF and not rom0:OSDSYS?

17. emuler

emuler Rising Member

Wich FMCB version do you use Carlos? Mine is 1.93 and Popstarter reset combo always send me to the PS2 MC manager.
    If someone manages to boot this games, please let us know:
    - Clock Tower: The First Fear (ntsc-j)
    - Megaman Legends (ntcs-u or pal)
    - Skullmonkeys (ntsc-u or pal)
    - Klonoa - Door to Phantomile (ntcs-u or pal; compatibility list says it works through hdd, but I found it impossible on usb.

Thank you all. Popstarter Team, this software is awesome!

18. uidar

uidar Newly Registered

Hello!

Is it possible to make Popstarter run games from usb when it is recognised as second device (in that case mass1: path)?
    I would like to use my both pendrives for storing ps1 collection.

Thaks for great work, done to great console.

19. Waats

Waats Member

@ emuler.

For my HDD tests I used the dump containing the following bin/cue files : Klonoa - Door to Phantomile (USA)

20. GXB

GXB Active Member

I don't think it is necessary to write down the ISO size if you use the REDUMP ISO according to the redump.org. I delete the ISO after my test. So, sorry, I can not provide the ISO size.