[PS2] POPS stuff & POPStarter

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by krHACKen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. karenjan99

karenjan99 Rising Member

krHACKen thank you for popstarter usb

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. karenjan99

karenjan99 Rising Member

how can i edit igr tm2 textures?

3. arkl1t32

arkl1t32 Member

My small compatibility list: POPStarter r13 WIP2, USB 2.0 sticks Verbatim 8GB and noname 2GB, PS2 SCPH-77004 and SCPH39004 (without NA works OK), CUE2POPS 2.0, all game worked ok with automatic PAL display.

-Die Hard Trilogy SLES-00445 (original black release and downloaded image) - without any compatibility modes runs OK but with no music, adding compatibility mode 1,2,3,5 FREEZES game during first "DIE HARD TRILOGY LOADING" screen, mode 4,6 and 5502 BIOS no changes. (same thing with NTSC SLUS-00119 version)

-Metal Gear Solid SLES-01370 (original black release) - tested with mode 4, game runs almost like from disc but crashes during DARPA chief cutscene

-Castlevania Symphony Of The Night SLES-00524 (original black release) - mode 1, game runs almost perfect, big slowdown but for short time after boss fight, random freezes

-Skullmonkeys SLES-01090 (original black release) - BSOD, mode 1,2,3,4,5,6 no changes, added 5502 BIOS same thing

-Descent Maximum SLUS-00460 (downloaded image) - tested with all modes, major slowdowns and sound problems

-Resident Evil Director's Cut SLES-00969 (original black release) - runs perfect, mode 5 fixes cutscenes dialogs

4. arkl1t32

arkl1t32 Member

I've made a polish version of IGR screen. it's .TM2 file not .ppf but runs ok

IGR_BG1.png IGR_YES1.png IGR_no1.PNG

Attached Files:

szczuru likes this.
  5. AlGollan84

AlGollan84 Spirited Member

Bonjour.

Avez-vous la possibilité depuis la Pologne de vous connecter via "Google" à la liste USB (ou HDD) ?
    Si "Google" est bloqué, je veux bien vous fournir un fichier "Excel 2007" (& +) que vous pourrez remplir et me retourner pour que je fasse vivre la liste avec vos données (avec votre pseudo). Si cela vous intéresse, faites moi un petit Mail Privé sur ce site et je vous envoie ce fichier avec une adresse mail pour me le retourner avec vos coopération.

Merci de votre confiance et à bientôt.

Hello there.

Do you have the possibility from Poland to connect via "Google" on USB list (or HDD)?
    If "Google" is blocked, I will provide you with a file "Excel 2007" (& +) that you can complete and return to me for me to live the list with your data (with your nickname.) If you are interested, let me Private Mail a little on this site and I send you this file with an email address to return it to me with your cooperation.

Thank you for your trust and see you soon.

Full thanks.

6. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Actually, I believe that OPL (unlike PS2ESDL) needed such a thing because of a design fault: when it waits for the USB disk to become accessible, it polls with a while() loop. That takes up the whole IOP and the USB device configuration process never completes, resulting in a deadlock.

I added a call to DelayThread() into that loop and set the USB delay setting to 0 as the default. I think that nobody actually needed the USB delay setting anymore, right?

Maybe the device is just incompatible with the PlayStation 2 homebrew USB drivers.

Just to add on about that USBD.IRX module: I think that it belongs to Naplink, but I never managed to find a copy of it and never actually managed to prove that. It's code is very similar to the Sony original, but lacks the debugging strings.

Maybe GSM is not really required. Since this thing emulates the PlayStation in software, we might only just need to change the settings that it uses for its call to sceGsResetGraph. If its SDK version is new enough (>=v2.50, if I am not wrong), its version of libgraph can also support 480P.

Vedita BR likes this.
  7. arkl1t32

arkl1t32 Member

Yes i can acces to this list. I've downloaded it and later i'll update with my games then i'll send it to you via PM (send whole game list with my update or only list of my games?)

I don't know, other homebrew work without any problems with this USB HDD. But i think that my SATA to USB 2.0 adaptor isn't good.

8. AlGollan84

FR : Oh. Merci cher correspondant. En effet, vous pouvez m'envoyer votre liste avec les noms des jeux que vous avez essayé, testé.
    Si vous avez des jeux originaux dans cette liste, vous pouvez aussi les renseigner dans la colonne "Original Game" car cela a de l'importance dans les résultats obtenus, vérifier si les Hacks de kHn ont fonctionné (utilisez le mode Debug pour bien vous en apercevoir [(@410) > 0x00 par ex. 0x08])

Merci à vous et à bientôt ici ou ailleurs ...

Cordialement.

EN : Oh. Thank you dear correspondent. Indeed, you can send me your list with the names of the games you've tried, tested. If you have original games in this list, you can also fill in the "Original Game" column because it is of importance in the results, whether the Hacks kHn worked (use the Debug mode for you well notice [(@ 410)> 0x00 eg. 0x08])

Thank you to you and see you soon here or elsewhere ...

Algol.

9. spyro

spyro Member

Hi!

I have a little problem with new version of popstarter (on hdd)...
    Some games work correcly, instead for other games, I can hear only the audio, but the screen is completly black.
    Any idea how could it be?
    P.S. the same vcd images in pops12 work good...

10. iCEQB

iCEQB Peppy Member

Are you confident that using the one that works on the PS3 will actually enable it to work? I'm a bit worried about POPS itself, considering that something as small as a USB driver can make the system go fubar big time :D

11. tbone

tbone Newly Registered

I use a ps2 internal hdd, POPStarter Rev 13 runs well, how to save game data in mc0:/ (real mc) and not in VMC?

12. Waats

Waats Member

Don't take this as criticism, but I only report games which are not working.
    As always, these are superficial tests due to the lack of free time. So you may not include them on your official list.

*The temple ruins bug is still there on Crash Bandicoot (at least the USA version)
    *The libcrypt crack doesn't fix Speed Freaks/ Speed Punks ( Tested PAL and NTSC ). When I come to the main loading screen, the progress bar don't seem to load things. Usually, you can see the amount of loading. But it this case, after a few seconds the "press start message" pops up, and when you press start the game freezes. The is also a .sbi file in the downloaded rip I use. Is that normal? My original one has a crack in the CD... Going to re-buy it on ebay.
    * Crash Bash is still flickering (Japan and USA). But the game seems to run fine on the japanese version. I tested on the second level on the main adventure on the USA version and the game crashed.

As I said above, there are incomplete tests. If someone could help me with testing patches for these games, it would be awesome.

As always, kHn ruleZ.

13. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

Why would you want to run this on a PS3 if you can mount the PS1 ISO on a USB stick and have the PS3 use it's native emulator to run the game ? And the native PS1 emulator on the PS3 is magnitude order or two better than this stuff... :eek:

14. arkl1t32

arkl1t32 Member

OK guys i managed to retrive full 3 IGR (BG NO and YES) textures and they work!

this is only a demo but simply shows that it works, Archive contains dumpkin's english version. Put all 3 .tm2 files to POPS folder (for USB users, i don't know if it works with HDD)

IGR_no1.PNG

1 editing background is easy and only .TM2 editor is needed.
    2 editing select icons is litle tricky, you need 2 programs, .TM2 editor and HEX editor
    use my NO YES files as a base to edit, they work, but remember black color for NO YES files is TRANSPARENT!! it's almost invisible! other colors are shown normaly
    after editing you must open them by hex editor end DELETE last 8 digits in last offset like on this picture. And last offset must be 1DB0!
    View attachment bez tytułu.bmp

i dont know why byt saving file after edition in .tm2 editor, program writes those 8 empty fields so, they must be deleted again with hex editor

Attached Files:

15. AlGollan84

Hi "tbone"

POPStarter is not designed to make saves on memory cards real or even POPS. POPS knows that working with MC and that's it.

POPStarter REV13 WIP02 know him either: have 2 MC (default), have one or none. There is no way around it.

My compliments for the work you're doing them all.

Algol, "le Papy" of France.

16. karenjan99

karenjan99 Rising Member

17. iCEQB

iCEQB Peppy Member

Because there are enough people with a PS3 which is not modded ... I enjoy using OPL on it on a regular basis and I'm thankful that devs like sp193 actually care about PS3 compatability for their PS2 apps.
    Getting POPStarter to run on a PS3 would seal the deal for OFW peeps out there, so they can enjoy their backups without opening their launch models (or BC consoles).

18. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

Now explain to me HOW someone will BOOT this on a original PS3. And no, don't mention ODEs, that IS modding.

19. iCEQB

iCEQB Peppy Member

Like every other PS2 homebrew? With swap magic.

20. Tao Pai Pai

Tao Pai Pai Member

@GXB

Thanks for ppf file.