[PS2] POPS stuff & POPStarter

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by krHACKen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. seatle94BR

seatle94BR Member

@kHn
    I tested the "SLUS_006.64 - Xenogears_CD1" using smb with the build "20180924" and during the game the screen continues to flash.

Antonioks likes this.
  2. Order-Sol

Order-Sol Member

More errors found.
    Colin McRae Rally (USA) [SCUS_944.74]
    - The "Codemasters" logo flashes in black.
    - Glitch graphic in front of the car during the races at night on, except in "TRIAL TIME MODE" when some stage at night is selected by first.
    - HDD

Fighting Force (USA) (v1.0) [SLUS_004.33]
    - After the Logo "Core Design" starts to open the game, the screen is black permanently with a sound in the background (without IGR), but if you cut the "Core Design" Logo the opening works normally (Fixed $COMPATIBILITY_0x05).
    - There is FPS drop when a group of enemies are close to your character in the first stage and the music of the first stage does not play.
    - HDD

TOCA Championship Racing (USA) [SLUS_006.11]
    - There is a drop of FPS in the Logos "3DO and Codemaster" as well in the opening of the game and also when you choose to select a track in "SINGLE RACE".
    - When you choose a car, a large black artifact appears on the screen.
    - HDD

TOCA 2: Touring Car Challenge (USA) [SLUS_009.96]
    - The "Codemasters" logo flashes in black.
    - Graphic error on the back of the car during races, is most noticeable when passing through the grass, sand and asphalt lighter.
    - HDD

Jarrett & Labonte Stock Car Racing (USA) [SLUS_011.39]
    - Small FPS drop at the beginning of each race.
    - HDD

More tests will be done.

Antonioks, Jolek and AlGollan84 like this.
  3. Order-Sol

Order-Sol Member

Is there any way to permanently fix the Reset (Select + L2 + R2 + X), sometimes it crashes during game play and during some opening of the game with IGR.

Antonioks likes this.
  4. emsef

emsef Member

There's an issue with OPL's IGR that is currently being fixed. So, go back to an older version of OPL or wait for fixed version. HTH

Antonioks likes this.
  5. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

OPL is not POPS. Neither is that OPL's button combo.

Antonioks and emsef like this.
  6. shmoo

shmoo Member

Yesterday I tested again Castlevania SotN where I played the entire first castle without using any teleports, and the game did not crash. In another test related to the teleport near the Library, the game always crashed when I used this teleport. In that case the crash occurred when I returned to the starting area to get a "heart upgrade" and then to return to the Outer Wall. Occasionally, the crash occurred when entering the Library. I don't know if avoiding all teleports "eliminates" this problem of the game, but here it worked, at least for now. I also used a preconfigured "CHEATS.TXT" file with the following functions enabled: SAFEMODE + UNDO_GAME_FIXES + USBDELAY_8

Antonioks and AlGollan84 like this.
  7. emsef

emsef Member

Sorry, my mistake. Had OPL on the brain when I was reading this thread earlier.

8. Order-Sol

Order-Sol Member

More errors found.
    Darius Gaiden (Japan) [SLPS_005.74]
    - The songs in the game do not play.
    - HDD

Soul Blade (USA) (v1.1) [SLUS_002.40]
    - Parts of the characters' bodies make mistakes during the fight.
    - FPS drop during fights (Fixed $COMPATIBILITY_0x04).
    - HDD

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (USA) [SLUS_005.84]
    - There are some FPS drops occurring during opening.
    - The game hangs in "Now Loading ..." after the ranking screen, this occurs after the opening of the game for the second time (IGR).
    - HDD.

Street Fighter Collection (USA) [SLUS_004.23]
    - At some point in the game (during the last bonus), the audio of the character that the player is playing fails, and from that moment until the game leaves (this occurs in both games).
    HDD

Strikers 1945 (Japan) [SLPS_004.07]
    - There is a black graphic error at the top of the screen during the game.
    - HDD

The Legend of Dragoon (USA) (Disc 1) [SCUS_944.91], (USA) (Disc 2) [SCUS_945.84], (USA) (Disc 3) [SCUS_945.85], (USA) (Disc 4) [SCUS_945.86]
    - During "NEW GAME, CONTINUE and OPTION" plays a small song, so if you select "NEW GAME" while this song is playing, a continuous sound will be played throughout the game's CGI (Disc 1).
    - A strange and random sound out of order when entering and exiting the "Continue" menu on all disks (similar to the above problem).
    - There is an FPS drop in command of attack in battles (Fixed $COMPATIBILITY_0x04).
    - HDD

More tests will be done.

Antonioks, Jolek and AlGollan84 like this.
  9. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

Hi,

from the tests made by another user when he go to the Library various times do not
    have any crash, it seems that you got an occasional crash.

What is clear ist that the graphical glitches do no happens using the undo_game_fixes and
    i hope @kHn finds what causes them.

Best regards.

AlGollan84 and Antonioks like this.
  10. shmoo

shmoo Member

About the glitches related to doors, items and chandeliers that disappear I've already talked about. I highlighted the fact that crashes are related to the use of teleports, random or not.

AlGollan84, Jolek and Antonioks like this.
  11. seatle94BR

seatle94BR Member

@kHn
    I tested the "SLUS_008.92 - Final Fantasy 8_CD1" using smb with the build "20180924"
    freezes when entering the classroom, right at the beginning.

AlGollan84, Antonioks and Jolek like this.
  12. ted210

ted210 Member

AlGollan84 likes this.
  13. shmoo

shmoo Member

I use PSP 6.60 bios for some games, like Rockman X4 to optimize the audio, but there isn't any sign of faster loadings or something like that. In some cases, the presence of this bios cause crashes to some games (black screen), like Megaman X5 for example.

14. Oxinar

Oxinar Newly Registered

I have the Ps2 Ocean Blue edition SCPH-37000 and tested the mega man X3 until the X6 plus the mega man 8 with a pendrive
    and all of them works flawless without graphics or sound problems, I tested them on the ps2 slim SCPH-90006 too and all give some problem, whether it's on the sound or graphics. Maybe it's some kind of incompatibility with the ps2 slim or something related to the BIOS?

15. shmoo

shmoo Member

There is a big difference between testing a game for 10 minutes or playing it for 2 hours (or more) to make sure it runs without fail or not. Here on my PS2 Phat 50001 the Megaman 8, Megaman (or Rockman) X4 and Megaman X6 games use the "SAFEMODE + compatibility modes 2 and 4" cheats and the PSP 6.60 BIOS to play them to the end. The only exception is the Megaman X5, which uses the same cheats, but crashes with a black screen if you have the BIOS in its VMC folder. This games were played (not only tested) on the internal HDD, external HDD (both Samsung) and the pendrive (SanDisk).

AlGollan84 likes this.
  16. Oxinar

Oxinar Newly Registered

And you know if I finished them or not boy? I played all of them on the Ps2 FAT Ocean Blue SCPH-37000 with no problems
    from beginning to end, and tested them on ps2 slim and found that they have errors in sound and graphics,
    and to end this conversation instead, I do not need to play them again in the slim from beginning to end
    to know that they have sound and graphics glitches, as an example the mega man x4 which in the first phase
    does not even have the sound of the charged gun.

17. shmoo

shmoo Member

You said you only tested the game, but don't be angry. Peace.

stayhye and AlGollan84 like this.
  18. Sheff

Sheff Member

Hi, krHACKen, please fix the problems with black cars in Gran Turismo 2, Flicker in Tekken 3, hang in Warcraft 2, and after start Rayman 2 in the European version of the game. The French version Rayman 2 works up to level 3, but then it hangs. Thank you very much for your work. Thanks for coming back. POPS is very important to us !!!!

19. nonosto

nonosto Intrepid Member

I tri to back up .vcd image from __.POPS partition to external usb, but with ulaunchelf I have always this message at the top left "POPSTARTER HDD Paste Failed"
    I used some of ulaunch version like shaolin or 4.42d same think. How to back up from the partition please?
    THX

20. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

It was recently found that USBHDFSD had an issue with not correctly computing the number of sectors to read, which was why there was sometimes corruption. The amazing thing was that it seemed to have no issues reading files, but surely something did not work right...
    So if anybody wants to try using a newer driver, you can copy the USBHDFSD module from FMCB v1.965 (November release).

If it is a directory or a set of file, you should be able to just copy+paste them.

Older versions of PFS have bugs, so it may also be good to move away from the really old versions of LaunchELF.

Antonioks, wisi, pool7 and 1 other person like this.