[PS2] POPS stuff & POPStarter

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by krHACKen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. AlGollan84

AlGollan84 Spirited Member

In French.

Je vous remercie pour les rapports que vous avez mis sur les listes, c'est du bon travail. Si vous pouvez continuer, c'est très très bien.

Merci encore une fois à vous @Zyrvan.

Bon Week-end.

In Engrish.

Thank you for the reports you put on the lists, it's a good job. If you can continue, that's very good.

Thanks again to you "Zyrvan".

Have a nice week end.

Kind regards.

2. Zyrvan

Zyrvan Newly Registered

POPStarter Revision 13, WIP 06, OBT 16

Fat PS2

1. "Legend of Mana" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) works great. (SMB)

2. "Klonoa" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) small sound problems, helped patch PATCH_4.BIN (SMB)

3. "Hercules" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) works great. (SMB)

4. "Marvel Super Heroes" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) works great. (SMB)

5. "Tomba" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) works great. (SMB)

6. "Tomba 2" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) sometimes stuttering music(CDDA) Patches do not help. (SMB)

7. "Kings Field II" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) works great. (SMB)

8. "Croc" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) works great. (SMB)

9. "Bubsy 3D" (ntsc)(eng.redamp) very buggy textures on the whole screen. Patches do not help. (SMB)

10. "Umihara Kawase Shun" (ntsc)(jap.redamp) works great. (SMB)

3. AlGollan84

@Zyrvan

Pourrais-tu mettre tes renseignements complets dans les listes SVP ?

Je t'en remercie par avance.

Algol "le papy".

4. Zyrvan

Zyrvan Newly Registered

quelle est l'information nécessaire?

5. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir), quest que c'est, le chien, la chat, la vache et fromage? Je m'appelle Americandad, tu t'appelle comment Klonoa?

English:
    How sure are you that Klonoa worked better with the previous POPS version?

rso likes this.
  6. AlGollan84

@Zyrvan.

Il faut que tu passes par le formulaire de saisie qui est lié à chaque liste (HDD, USB et ETH), ce formulaire te permet d'entrer tes rapports de tests et ainsi, krHACKen a sous les yeux des rapports qui sont biens organisés. Il se sert de ces listes presque uniquement pour améliorer POPStarter, leur organisation interne est créée par lui-même ainsi que par moi même. Il a participé à leur élaboration, elles sont utiles pour tous. Elles ne sont pas liées à un site particulier, tout le monde peut les consulter en ayant gardé leurs liens dans des marque-pages. Les formulaires sont là pour aider la saisie des rapports ainsi que les recherches de bugs dans POPStarter. kHn ne lie pas des rapports mal constitués, il n'a pas le temps de lire ailleurs que ces listes pour les rapports qu'elles contiennent.

Bonne soirée et encore merci par avance pour tes futurs rapports qui aideront tout le monde. Prends exemple des rapports de "DruchaPucha" sur la liste USB.

You have to go through the entry form that is linked to each list (HDD, USB and ETH), this form allows you to enter your test reports and so, krHACKen has under the eyes of reports that are well organized. He uses these lists almost solely to improve POPStarter, their internal organization is created by himself as well as by me. He participated in their elaboration, they are useful for all. They are not linked to a particular site, everyone can view them by keeping their links in bookmarks. The forms are there to assist in entering reports as well as bug searches in POPStarter. kHn does not bind badly formed reports, he does not have time to read other than these lists for the reports they contain.

Good evening and thank you in advance for your future reports that will help everyone. Take the example of "DruchaPucha" reports on the USB list.

Kind regards.

UniqueUserName likes this.
  7. UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName Trial and Error Professional

....... (ALL) Algol & krHACKen Compatibility Lists (linked in 1 place for easy referencing).......

Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here...
    I had actually intended to post sooner (roughly 3 months ago when I finally registered), but life got in the way a bit (as it does that lol).

First, just wanted to say thank you immensely to @krHACKen for still supporting this very worth while PS2/PS1 App/Tool.
    I have used it myself exclusively for all my PS1 game needs, except of course FF7, which I only play on PSP for obvious reasons.
    As you already know, I still recommend it to anyone that mentions PS1 games, in any forum Im a part of. ;)
    Your work is very much appreciated, and Id like to note that the only thing on MY "wishlist", is for people to realize how hard the things you do really are.
    Keep up the fantastic work!

Also, would like to thank @AlGollan84 for the amount of time and effort of which I personally know he puts into those Compatibility Lists...
    Greetings Grandad!! :D
    I hope you and the family have been very well since we last spoke!
    You are actually the reason for my post today. :)

As now that there are so many pages, I decided to start reading them over again, to better understand all the improvements since the beginning of this thread, and I came across your quote below (where I was mentioned by name):
    Yes everyone, I must agree that it was very difficult at times to speak with him while using the online translators... very frustrating indeed... and sometimes I even had to ask some of my French contacts to manually translate what he had said before I could relate.
    I do agree with having both versions visible on an English forum has merits of course (as then you only have one person in the translator instead of every single person that views the thread), but I personally can confirm for you that he is not joking (when he says they dont work well for him).

Also, I think I can help a bit (in getting your lists viewed a bit more) after reading your quote below:
    Firstly, reporting in a forum just isnt as effective as what Algol has already set up for all of you reading this.
    I have previously linked ALL of his Compatibility Lists, in one location, and put them in two seperate sections...

One section (VIEWING) for read-only lists, for the average user trying to check if a particular game will work on their setup.
    And another section (REPORTING) obviously for reporting to each of those lists, where it makes it much MUCH easier for Algol to maintain (which helps krHACKen here immensely as well).

Here is the LINK below for ALL of your Compatibility List needs in one location.
    :eek: I know... Awesome isnt it? lol.
    Bookmark this, and help their cause everyone.

....... (ALL) Algol & krHACKen Compatibility Lists (linked in 1 place for easy referencing).......

Hope this helps the community as much as I believe it will.
    When Im done typing this, I will add the link to the top and bottom of this post as well, to make things easier for everyone.

Lastly, I just wanted to say greetings to some of you that I greatly respect, and have been seen posting here recently... such as @deba5er, @DaSA, @sp193, @ElPatas, @Jolek, and anyone else that I might not even realize are on this site yet.
    Greets to ALL!!

Thanks again, to everyone involved whether directly or indirectly...
    Everyone posting should know they are helping the cause, whether they realize it or not.
    Congrats on the 100+ pages!

-Uni

Jolek and deba5er like this.
  8. king0026

king0026 Member

Hi
    Is it possible to convert or combine popstarter and .vcd psx games to iso format and put in vcd or dvd folder in opl so it will show game list automatically and we no need to add game list in conf_elm.cfg

9. UniqueUserName

Hello,

Sorry, but no.
    Neither OPL, nor POPStarter, will work that way (and I dont believe it ever will)...

Besides, anything being added to the CD/DVD usb-folders, would send the listed games to the HDD menu in OPL (which is for PS2-format games/homebrew), and then wouldnt require the "conf_elm.cfg" anyways (which you do require for use with OPL, if you arent using the "conf_apps.cfg" in your setup), even if what youre suggesting was possible.

Also, the last stable build of OPL (OPL v0.9.3) doesnt even support the "conf_elm.cfg", so you would need to use a daily build, even if any of that would work.

To do what you are asking, OPL would have to be able to emulate PS1 games all by itself. ;)
    OPL = Open-PS2-Loader ( not PS1-Loader lol ).

To make things easier on you, I do know that a few people on this forum have already been kind enough to create CFG-Generators to further help the community... They will make the list for you in the ".cfg" you need (and save you tons of time in the process).

At least one of them is located in the first post of this thread:
    ....... HERE .......

Look for the section titled "More POPStarter 13 useful stuff". :) Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    king0026 and AlGollan84 like this.
  10. Wolf77

Wolf77 Member

Open-PS2-Loader.0.9.3 POPStarter

This is easy, edit conf_apps.cfg
    Enter the path to the ELF

Colin McRae Rally =mass:/POPS/XX.COLIN MCRAE RALLY.ELF
    Colin McRae Rally 2 =mass:/POPS/XX.COLIN MCRAE RALLY 2.ELF
    Cool Boarders 3 =mass:/POPS/XX.COOL BOARDERS 3.ELF
    Cool Boarders 4 =mass:/POPS/XX.COOL BOARDERS 4.ELF

Change OPL theme section apps to PSOne works great.

See the video

king0026 likes this.
  11. jakdarklight

jakdarklight Active Member

12. UniqueUserName

Hello jakdarklight,

Thank you for your App, which Im sure is of great use to the community... Quick question...

Is that a new version of your App, in which you are linking (in the above quote)?
    Or is it the same version as the one I linked (in my last post)?

EDIT:
    Disregard questions... I just compared, and they do appear to be the same versions...
    (however, your link leads directly to the App itself, so nice one there). :)
    Thanks again!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    king0026 likes this.
  13. king0026

king0026 Member

Hi
    First Thank you so much for your answers .In my case I think about my friend that they have less skill about pc.
    thanks you guys for information ,link and more comfortable tools ,this can be save a lot of time .

ps UniqueUsername I have played Master Blaster remake in wiiware and graphics quality is so good ^^ . but lag control via wiimode or maybe I will try more.

UniqueUserName likes this.
  14. UniqueUserName

Hello again... no problem, happy to help. :D

I know what you mean with BM: Overdrive, lol... For that particular game, I ended up just playing it on the Dolphin 5.0 emulator (with a PS2 controller-to-usb adaptor)... Emulating the Wiimote/Nunchuck on the PlayStation2 controller the game ran perfectly for me. :)

Even though the graphics were epic for a Blaster Master game, I was still very disappointed with two things...
    1. Beating a game the same day you get it is not cool ! :(
    2. The creators put more work into the beginning intro scenes than the ending scenes... which were pitiful to be honest... They were only a few seconds long and I was like "thats it???" when the game suddenly ended... Grrrrr lol

About the App, it should be pretty easy to use... but even if it wasnt, it would still save someone an entire day of typing into the CFG files if they had lots of games. I myself, have done it the old fashion way, typing everything out by hand from scratch (but my collection isnt nearly as large as most people have), and I did it before any Apps were available (back when we only had one option "conf_apps.cfg" too).

If your friends have any difficulty using jakdarklights App, maybe you could ask @DaSA about his App? I seem to recall it was pretty straight forward the last time I looked at it (the day it was released). Im sure I would have used it myself if I ever bought any more PS1 games since then. Which unfortunately, I havent. :(

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    AlGollan84 and king0026 like this.
  15. UniqueUserName

Just wanted to say that I hope all of you here have a very happy and safe holiday season this year!
    :D

Even if you dont celebrate any of the holidays in question, may you still have great joy and cheer in the upcoming year.
    You all have the best of wishes from myself, all of my family, and also from all the staff over at PSX-SCENE and PSX-PLACE as well.
    :)

And please, be safe...
    None of that drinking and driving stuff...
    :eek:
    (not only for others safety, but for your own safety as well)
    ;)
    We wouldnt know what we would do without you all around here.
    :(
    So stay off that naughty list! lol
    :p

Take care everyone!
    :cool:

king0026, truemaster1 and AlGollan84 like this.
  16. Death_Devil

Death_Devil Newly Registered

Hello guys. I need to help.
    How made multiple files with the tracks in a single file .VCD?[​IMG]
    I have 3 files with call "Track 1", "Track 2'', Track 3" and cue files

17. LocalH

LocalH Spirited Member

I use CDMage to convert from split bin to single bin. Load the cue, make sure the highest-level node on the tree in the left-hand pane is selected, save as, make sure it's set to cue, save it in a different folder unless you change the filename.

UniqueUserName and AlGollan84 like this.
  18. Death_Devil

Death_Devil Newly Registered

oh, ty man

19. king0026

king0026 Member

Wish all you and family have a best time in upcoming year too.
    Like you said Drink Don't Drive.
    :D

20. Sheff

Sheff Member

krHACKen, please add the support for games Warcraft 2 and Gran Turismo 2 (black cars), and Rayman 2. They do not work

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017