PS2 Network Adapter SATA mod help

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by Pixelise, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Pixelise

Pixelise Member

So I followed everything I needed to install the board from this link
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SAT...287.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4djTI8y6
    and here's the problem.
    It doesn't recognize my SATA drive (Seagate ST32508208CE). Every operation related to HDD is very very slow (opening OPL, opening uLaunchELF) and... uLaunchELF and HDLoader tells me the HDD isn't connected BUT OPL on the other hand tells me that HDD isn't formated. And I'm just confused. Did I fucked up something, is the board broken, is my drive just not compatible? I'm very frustrated with all of this and thanks in advance if someone tries to help me

2. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

3. Pixelise

Pixelise Member

4. Jei

Jei Rising Member

Format the drive using winhiip. If it’s over 120gb make sure to use the 48bit option and then ensure you’re using the 48bit version of hdloader/opl.

5. helakustorm

helakustorm Robust Member

What worked for my SCPH-50004 and GameStar sata adapter (not Sony branded) with a 500 gb hdd sata 2 i think:
    - deleting/formating all the partions making the hdd raw format from windows 7 pro 64 bit sp1;
    - formating the hdd with ulaunchelf from FMCB final version; (i format the hdd with ulaunchelf because the winhiip didn't recognize it; don't know why)
    - formating the hdd with 48 bit option with winhiip final version;
    - installing games with winhiip final version.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 4:42 AM
  6. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Maybe it's not installed properly or defective. Have you checked that you inserted the ribbon cable properly?
    The LaunchELF HDD Connected status indicates whether the HDD is detected or not.

The delay might be ATAD issuing a command and timing out (after 30s).

At some point, OPL had no function for indicating whether the HDD is not connected. If you have a not-so-recent version of OPL, then this is why you got the "not formatted" message.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 6:24 AM
  7. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

SATA bridge board sold on aliexpress has various compatibility issues on different ethernet board models (BA-00X) and HDD brands/models.
    Use FHDB 1.93 noobie's pack and HDD RAW Copy to initiate a drive copy and test. That would save a lot of your time.
    And some games still have read errors on using such board which lead your ps2 halt and turn orange error led on(Phat models). All that happen randomly.

So I always recommend using pure IDE HDD with original ethernet board. That saves your time(life).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM
  8. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

ive tested 3 different bitfunx boards (purple ones that say for ps2 fat) and all work fine with 2.5 and 3.5 hdds. its the gamestar ones that suck. to op i say its the hdd, run a diagnostic test on it it might have bad sectors

9. Pixelise

Pixelise Member

The thing is. HDD itself works fine. I was able to hook it up to my PC, formated it with WinHIIP etc

I would but IDE hard drives for me had a lot of failures so I thought that with this mod my life would be easier.

I think it looks properly inserted. I used some 0.9.3 beta and final 0.9.3 so I think it's the most recent one?

10. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

It is a fact that ATA disks are now getting older and older, due to them being out of production.

But in case it really isn't, have you tried re-inserting it? It should go in evenly. Remember to clamp it down with the ZIF connector.

I've been slowly updating it, for the sake of old times: https://github.com/ifcaro/Open-PS2-Loader/commits/master

You can get new builds from that Github page and here: https://akuhak.github.io/test_build/

Conte Zero likes this.