[PS2/Dreamcast] Halo?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by americandad, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Dreamcastnews

Dreamcastnews Gutsy Member

Pretty sure it'd be possible on DC with a far more aggressive pop up filter, but I have to agree - I think it was speculated that it may have came to Dreamcast in the end.

2. Museman

Museman Spirited Member

The game wasn't show as a real time strategy, it was shown as a third person shooter. The real time strategy Halo only existed for about a month oand wasn't even publically announced till it was the a huge title.

It was shown at MacWorld 1999 with Steve Jobs. It was created from the ground up to be a Mac and PC game. INB4 SOURCE

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?43984-PS2-Dreamcast-Halo

3. DeckardBR

DeckardBR Fiery Member

This is incorrect. It was shown at Macworld as a real time strategy game.

and heres the footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZ2yvWl9nQ

All 3rd person perspective, not first person. At this point it was still a real time strategy game.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

I'm pretty sure (its been a while so I'm rusty on my Halo knowledge) but Halo was Mac exclusive when was an RTS and then briefly when it changed to FPS. Then MS brought the rights to the series and Bungie which it all developed from there. I'd be highly surprised if anything DC or PS2 Halo related exists or ever did.

5. Museman

Museman Spirited Member

Nope sorry, that is still incorrect. Everything I said in my first statement still stands, the RTS Halo only existed for about a month. Here's my corrected source. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfXCY8UMYk#t=03m10s

Definitely wasn't a RTS at MacWorld 1999. The things that became Spartans and Master Chief didn't even exist in it's earliest iteration. Here's a video showing the different itterations that Halo went through, with the RTS being the first version, and then showing the later build that was very similar to the MacWorld 1999 build that they scripted for the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN9vO_gRzoI

It's a common mistake that people believe that Halo was a RTS for a few years before becoming an FPS.

Edit: And for people that are interested they can see a longer version of that video here: http://mythicafiles.bungie.org/halo/hbo/evolution_lg.mov

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  6. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

I cut out the part that i was replying to.
    Ok. According to your logic -> it exists because there is no proof to it not existing.

That's just your opinion, somewhat logical and i'm sure tons of people share it with you but i don't.
    As i've shown above the proof sword is a double edged one and it goes both ways.

I'm not saying it exists for sure, i'm just saying it might exist just as it might not.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  7. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

8. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

:highly_amused:
    How could i know? I haven't been to your garden so i'm not going to argue about it - i am honest about what i do know and don't :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. kuji

kuji Spirited Member

It would have been awesome as a Dreamcast game. The only problem was no one knew how to design a dual analog controller besides Sony! Then Microsoft came in a showed the world how a game console is supposed to be done. I'm pretty sure Bungie would have made a deal with Sega especially since we had the BBA, but Mac was the s**t in the 90's as well as windows 95 & 98 with the BSOD. Anyway Bungie is going Multi-Platform now so I'm glad I can play something from them on my Xbox 360/720 along with Windows 7.

10. f2bnp

f2bnp Peppy Member

hahahahahaha! You win the Internets man!

Halo was probably never considered for the Dreamcast. And those magazines are always full of shit. I go through a lot of them nowadays and so much of what they wrote is just plain wrong!
    But anyway, the Voodoo5 5500 which was released in late 2000 had a screenshot on the back of the box that was from Halo. Shortly after that, it was announced that the game would become an XBOX launch title. The PC version was released in late 2003 and needless to say, a Voodoo5 could not run it properly :p.

11. z3ntn3l

z3ntn3l 16 Bit Superstar

What the?

WHAT THE XXXX?

12. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Amiga was the shit in the 90s

13. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Wasn't Amiga a commercial failure in the US?

14. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Even if that is the case, it doesnt change the fact it was the superior platform at the time - which is what my comment was saying.

15. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

I guess a matter of perspective. NES isn't all that special over there.

16. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

eh? Nes was awesome here...

But popularity has nothing to do with technical superiority, which is what my comment was about. Doesnt matter if it sold 1 unit there, it was still best at the time.

17. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Yeah it is harder to me to grasp the full extent of that with my bias against western games. :(

18. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Amiga wasnt just a gaming platform.

Thats like saying a PC is just for games.

19. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Oh well, off topic anyway. I'm most likely to understand in this case if I just quit being lazy and research stuff with a relatively Japanese aesthetic. Like maybe Dynablaster or Street Fighter II.

20. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

both were on the amiga