PS2 BITFUNX SATA Adapters?

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by SkySnake, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SkySnake

SkySnake Member

I was noticing that new PS2 SATA boards are cropping up on eBay recently. Their purple and have the words BITFUNX on it.
    Does anyone here have experience with these boards? If so, are they any good?

I know Maxidiypower sold something like this before, but I remember hearing it has issues with blowing a fuse in the PS2...

2. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Dauntless Member

Neat! Wish these were around years ago. Well, I've seen similar adapters a while ago but they used to be quite expensive. These are reasonably priced. Curious to know how they work. I don't see why they would have any issues.

3. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

They're just IDE to SATA boards. There seems to be some quality problems with them, but it is not that I have owned one personally.

4. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

i have a maxdiypower and has worked great for some years now, highly recommended. the bitfunx are good also, only problem with them is that there are three fuses (c6, r14, c7) that need trimming or they will cause connection problems

5. Star

Star Rising Member

Can you elaborate on that? I recently got one,so it has not seen a lot of use, but seems to work well.

6. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

just the solder points on the fuses i mentioned stick out abit and make contact with the metal shield which cause problems. what i did was use a nail clipper to trim them down

7. Star

Star Rising Member

Thanks, will look into that.

8. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

By fuse, I assume you mean crystal?

9. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

that might be the proper name. my mistake. i should have take a photo when i go the bitfunx adaptor. it believe its called tin whisker (sorry dont know all the proper soldering grammar) that need the trimming

10. SkySnake

SkySnake Member

Well, I decided to order one.
    I'll let you guys know how well it works and if it needs trimming (I've read that not everyone has this issue).

11. Star

Star Rising Member

Had a look at mine, must be at least half an inch of clearance between the components and the shield.