[PS1] Metrowerks CodeWarrior for PlayStation, R4 and R5

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by pool7, Dec 8, 2017.

1. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

DISCLAIMER: All the information provided below (and above) is for educational and preservation purposes!!!
    I will NOT provide assistance with either installation or usage of this!
    I am not responsible for anything good or bad that happens to you, your relatives, or your belongs, due to the usage of this.
    Use at your own risk.

Mirrors are welcome (my upload speed sucks!); be it web, torrent, usenet, etc

Well, here's a present for the upcoming holidays :)
    After some 15 years looking for this, here it is.

CodeWarrior for PlayStation R4 & R5
    Exclusive for ASSEMblerGames and PSXDev

Included are:
    -Image files of each CD in various formats (just use the one you prefer)
    -A scan of each CD
    -The corresponding update for each version, as was originally posted in Metrowerk's FTP

Notes:
    -R4 includes a Mac-hosted version as well; however this is not the case for R5 (was it a separate disc? or did they drop support?)
    -If you want to use this, you'll need to also install the Sony PS1 SDK (Runtime Libraries at least, Technical Reference should be optional).
    -R5 includes a new licensing system based on FlexLM which required Devs to request a license.dat file to replace the generic one provided

R5 was the last version released as far as we know

Missing:
    -Nothing really missing; these are dumps of the actual CDs :)
    -License.dat with valid license key/data (maybe someone can help "bypass"/"fix" this... this link may be of help)

If you download and use it, please let us know your experience!

Now let's see if someone shares latest versions of CodeWarrior for N64 (2.x?), CodeWarrior for PS2 (3.9), CodeWarrior for PSP (>1.1), and CodeWarrior Analysis Tools and Construction Kit (?)

Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Amorri40, Kao, windwakr and 4 others like this.
  2. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Intrepid Member

wow nice , thabk you

3. antilosa

antilosa Rising Member

Great, thank you!!

4. windwakr

windwakr Active Member

This patch to ide.exe might make it skip license.dat validation:
    Code:
    0020F7F6: 75 25 -> 90 90
    But I don't have the SDK set up or something, so I can't compile any of the included examples. Could you test it out?

I looked at that link you provided and some of the tools on the page seemed promising, but they don't seem to generate valid license data. Don't want to do any further RE, so this patch may be enough to at least use the software.

5. windwakr

windwakr Active Member

Ok, I looked at this again and managed to generate a valid license for the compiler. Append this to the end of your existing license.dat:
    Code:
    FEATURE WIN32_PLAYSTATION_MIPS metrowks 1 permanent uncounted 282F5D36CA60 \
          HOSTID=ANY

No need to use the patch in my previous post.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  6. crypton

crypton Rising Member

Thank you for sharing this!

7. pool7

Seems to be the same as included with FCN's release; I'll give it a try later today with the examples included.

8. windwakr

windwakr Active Member

With how this license system works that's not surprising. There's only one valid code for each configuration of the features. But if you already had a license.dat for this release with a valid code why did you ask for help with it in this thread?

9. pool7

When I posted this, I forgot to check FCN's release for a license.dat
    I only thought about it after you posted the license you generated, and so I went to check, lol. Sorry about that.
    I still have to try it though, and it would be great if someone that has the dev hardware (DTL-H2000 / 2500 / 2700) can test it as well, just to make sure it works.