Prototype Releases of 2015

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Hexatendo, Jan 1, 2015.

1. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Well I can certainly say that the front image is very much different. PAL and NTSC discs don't appear to be similar in any way design wise (except for the green colour), but even then, the PAL disc has the same image as yours, but it's clear that this is certainly not a retail PAL disc. I rather like "SKULLMONEYS" on the inner disc ring as well.

The product code on the dump you shared is SLUS, so it's a retail build for the US (so likely 1.0). Would it be reasonable to say this is the review/release build (that is, without the dummy file on disc which would be the last step)?

Also nice scanner.

2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Simply a bootleg.

3. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I still like it regardless.

4. Borman

Bootlegs can absolutely be fun in their own way.

CodeAsm and PixelButts like this.
  5. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

It's not even a bootleg, it's just a retail copy. Doesn't really belong to a prototype thread.

6. Borman

How could you say it isn't a bootleg? I mean, the code is probably retail, but a bootleg doesnt require it to be different.

7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Read my previous post carefully

Retail, bootleg, beta, doesn't matter in my mind. What matters is the content within it and what we can do with it, and it meets my requirements.

8. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

The disc itself is clearly a bootleg, contents aren't. It's a 1:1 retail copy.

Still, not a prototype, doesn't belong to this place. It's just cheap piracy and it's been around in public for years.

CodeAsm likes this.
  9. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I really hear you, but even if that's the case, let's say all the v1.0 copies managed to disappear. What then? It has leftover development content in game, and that's enough for me to be happy.

But at least agree with me on that disc looking nice.

Hiccup likes this.
  10. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

Nah, v1.0 dumps wouldn't disappear that easily. They've been dumped and shared for quite a number of years; those copies are so well known a number of sites even tell you how to access the debug stuff on disc. Once it's on the internet it's everlasting in a way or another.

11. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I disagree because the Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 with the 18+ mod is almost entirely gone from all sites. Not everything stays on the internet forever.

But either way I'm still happy with the info on Skullmonkeys and that rips of it exist. End of story.