Prototopia 2.0

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by DevHackr, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Professional

Professional Halo guy

It was either Coolroms or Emuparadise

2. rso

rso °

Seems like they do a similar thing, having a platform cutoff after the PS2/XBOX/GC era (well ok, EP has a bit of Wii stuff, too). Guess 360/PS3 is still deemed a bit too risky. Or maybe it's just the files being too large for them to bother with, who knows - though this wouldn't explain the absence of 3DS roms.

Professional likes this.
  3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I have tons of hard drives at least 1tb in size, if you're making backups I wouldn't mind one. I also wouldn't mind making copies for other people.

4. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I have a few extra 2tb drives

TheNew likes this.
  5. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

@DevHackr You really need to check your PMs (or read this post).

Read your PMs and reply to mine as a matter of urgency. Thanks.

What, you didn't get it all during your antics?

You need to PM me immediately.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  6. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

You could have a rotation of what files you serve based on a timetable, and maybe the really large files could get served manually upon request. Not ideal, but maybe an alternative.

7. Hexatendo

Hexatendo Active Member

If Anything, I will be making a legal archives folder. It will contain hacks, prototypes, and homebrew. It is a mini project of mine. I know that this is PROTOtopia, but if allowed, and even if it is separate from the main prototopia that is focused, I think that we can extend this to anything that is not a retail version (like the aforementioned hacks and homebrews). I don't go on here much, but I do have proof that I am working on this. Other refers to homebrew. (Slightly off topic, but just in case people are wondering why the genesis games (.bin) is set to open with VisualBoyAdvance, there are a couple of spongebob games from the leaked archive that are prototypes, and have a .bin file at the end. I was testing those prototypes and did not want to open the emulator itself.) I will try to get on here more in case it gets more popular. Screenshot (235).png Screenshot (236).png Screenshot (237).png

8. powerKitten

powerKitten Newly Registered

Why don't we just put it out onto the Internet Archive? They have no limits on uploads (besides recommending that individual uploads not exceed 1000 files or 50GB. Individual files are capped at 100GB max, but I doubt there's anything bigger than that in v1.) https://archive.org/about/faqs.php#Uploading_Content They're dedicated to preservation, and even if it gets DMCA'd it'll still be on their servers, just hidden. They've been around for quite a while, so they're reliable, and they've got plenty of hard drive space.

dizzzy, good and CodeAsm like this.
  9. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Not the government. It's owned by chinese invsetors. Kim Dotcom still has a minority share.

10. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Pretty sure he had his part seized or something. He is even telling people not to use Mega as it's compromised by the gov.

americandad likes this.
  11. Chagosan

Chagosan Member

You guys need to do torrents use the ratio method and make people seed, if they fall below the set limit they are shit listed or just get with a private tracker cause it's a hassle to depend on cloud services some are good while others are just crap... just my humble opinion.

12. nikita600

nikita600 Newly Registered

Hi, guys.
    Did someone try to use Amazon S3?

(sorry for my english)

SILENT_Pavel likes this.
  13. rso

rso °

The issue with S3 is, who's gonna pay for the storage & traffic? (And then there also might be clauses in their T&C, which I haven't looked at, that makes it unfit for this purpose.)

14. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Probably shipping will damage the hard drive. Anyway for the begining would be very handy to have complete txt index text file with all the folders and files with or without MD5 cheksums or with sizes of files in bytes. This will help to restore missed items from alternative sources.

15. darkspire17

darkspire17 None

if this is indeed setup, id love to include some of my first and third party N64 prototypes,
    May upload me and a freind (SuperMarioSan/EverythingSuperMario)'s N64 romhack, a perfect replica of the Shoshinkai 1995 Mario 64 prototype (we worked on it for 5 years, me as a level modeler and a graphics artist) we built the hack just ot preserve some of the content we got our hands on.

Chagosan likes this.
  16. DartPower

DartPower Member

Chagosan likes this.
  17. francesco

francesco dead

is possible to have a ultimate spider man ps2 beta alpha version

18. mspeter97

mspeter97 Robust Member

A point was made back in February here and I think it was a sound idea.
    Why not get in touch with the Internet Archive? I mean, archiving's kinda their thing already...

19. francesco

francesco dead

ok but i have searching in all web but nothing and then on internet archive i do not found please if you can help me to search thanks

20. nold

nold Active Member

Hi,
    I was thinking of starting a similar project, mostly to preserve homebrew related open-source software & other console hacking related stuff..

So I also searching for solutions for this.. So if anyone is interessted in getting something up.. feel free to pm me.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017