Project Velocity (Xbox)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by autobotlongarm, Jul 21, 2017.

1. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Member

sorry if this is a messy thread, im new here and need some information on this game
    Has anyone ran this game successfully on a stock Retail Xbox or a emulator? I tried using a emulator and it didn't work, but I got some info from the xbe files
    default.xbe - It was last updated Feb 20 2006 and is called "Project Velocity Debug", it doesn't launch due to it missing a certain file
    F3_M.xbe - I forgot when it was updated, but it was just called "Project Velocity". It didn't have a error, but couldn't run.
    F3_R.xbe - This file name is called "Project Velocity Optimized", it didn't run and I forgot the last date it was updated.
    unknown.xbe - This one is the same as F3_M.xbe, except it was last updated in 2005.
    I also tried to find extensions that could open the file(s) like the vehicles, audio, textures, etc but couldn't find any.

2. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

If i remember correctly this build runs only on 128mb RAM units. Well, if you can run emulator on a PC as XDK...

3. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Member

I don't think 99% of emulators can run it due to the file structure(s) and the missing exe(s). I tried to get help from the owner of CXBX-Reloaded, but he didn't want to "emulate" or "support" it.

4. iCEQB

iCEQB Peppy Member

Maybe @Borman can shed some light on this and show everyone finally what it realy is :D
    There is only one screenshot I've seen about it and I would also like to see it in form of a video in action.

5. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Armorant likes this.
  6. pato

pato Resolute Member

It only works in debug because of the extra RAM, in my case, I couldn't get the game to go past the car menu.

7. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Member

I found some interesting things about it while searching it on Google with the alternative name called "Octane". It saids that it was suppose to be on PC, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360(possibly). But the problem is that there's no build(s) to those versions other than the prototype build on the original Xbox unless someone has a copy of the builds.
    http://www.ign.com/games/octane/xbox-360-855315
    http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/octane/
    And for more info, this was suppose to be released at the UK/CA on July 27th 2006, 4/5 months after Visual Science closed their doors. Also, there's a mention of the Item Weight, which means that there's a possible disc cover of the game. Yet again, it could be placeholder data for the item.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Vivendi-020626724562-Octane-Xbox/dp/B000ECX0D8

SILENT_Pavel likes this.
  8. Leang

Leang king solomon's Angkor Temple

"
    Keep me updated; I want know more about the Cxbx-Reloaded - Original Xbox Emulator

9. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

The game seems quite floaty. It also looks like it was cashing in on the street racing trend that was big at the time. I still would have given it a shot, though.

10. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Member

How can I update you if the owner of it told me that he won't support it and closed the thread cause they're too sorry and don't like saving archived games because "OOO it will hurt their business model". I find it funny because they say it's illegal, EVEN THOUGH they're making a emulator that runs on a modified Xbox emulator and has a mention of Xbox on it.
    https://github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded/issues/502

11. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Member

So yeah, if anybody can get a hold of Borman to help with running this game, it will be good cause this game needs some shine from the grave!
    Anyways, I looked through some of the xbe files and of course, I need the exe files so if anybody has the exe(s), please drop the download link here and tutorial of setting it up with CXBX.
    d:\source\F3\MainBranch\Velocity\Code\Common\XBox Master\F3_M.exe
    d:\source\F3\MainBranch\Velocity\Code\Common\Xbox Debug\F3_D.exe
    d:\source\F3\MainBranch\Velocity\Code\Common\xbox release\F3_R.exe

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  12. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Member

I think it's safe to say that I don't think this build is worth to recover and fix. The stage that the game was in is just a mess and barely runs on a development kit. So I think for now, there's no actual way to run the game unless your lucky. I will try to get in contact with the devs that worked on this game but that will be awhile since I'm busy with other things as well.

13. jonwil

jonwil Robust Member

The emulator is open source (under the GNU GPL). If you really want support for this, fork the project and add the support yourself (something the creator of CXBX can't legally stop people from doing)

autobotlongarm likes this.