Project Amplia - Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by RAPTOR115X, Aug 23, 2018.

1. RAPTOR115X

RAPTOR115X Spirited Member

So a while back i stated that i obtained a 360 Dev Kit that had a dead HDD (It was replaced with a new HDD and the kit was rendered fully functional, sans the data on the HDD) not anymore! I recently managed to recover the data through dumb luck (Long story, but i did it) anyways the only thing on there apart from the usual samples and XDK extras from MS was something called Project Ampila, it seems to be in Spanish and after googling some of the start splash screens it's possible it came from a Spanish (as in Spain) government department or related to it in some way, i don't think this was ever intended to be released as i cannot find a reference to it anywhere on the internet, but was hoping some of you could shed some light on it (especially spanish speakers, google translate is only so good), I've had a look at all the debug viewers available and it's some kind of fashion centric game, what for, i don't know, a few screenshots are here if you want to take a look, I'd love to share the game files with all of you so you can take a look but the sites rules state games for 7th gen and newer aren't allowed right now. There's a debug and release xex, the debug one freezes moments tying to enter any part (maybe it needs a debugger attached, but it coincides with the release one where you sign in, a connection perhaps no clue) (specifically the purple loading screen which requires you to hard reset the console) whilst the release one runs all of them, both XEX files differ (view image for size comparison) so they may be different, how? i have no idea, i could decrypt them later and compare them, but reverse engineering isn't my strongest suit, they both have file dates hours apart so they're probably very similar.

Another thing is it starts playing Love game by Lady Gaga every time when you run the main part (Referring to the first option LaunchProjectAmplia) or the LaunchRetargetingTest.

I should note my RGH 360 will run the release XEX but not the debug XEX, probably related to signing, not sure.

So more focusing on the game itself now (Using the release XEX due to freezing, may do more analysis later):

The root of the game data (Size of entire contents is 1.97 GB):

[​IMG]

What you see when running either XEX:

[​IMG]

Select using dpad up down and hit A to launch.

Another thing i noticed is you can hit back and it takes you back button on the controller anywhere in this and it will take you back to this menu with the 4 options. If you hit back at this screen it will terminate the process and drop you at the xex launcher (on a devkit anyways).

Sections:

"Main" LaunchProjectAmplia:

You immediately see this (a translation would be awesome, i know it relates to the Spanish govt in some way):

[​IMG]

Hit the A key and you see this:

[​IMG]

Here press RT and sign into a 360 profile, it won't work if you cancel, you only need to do this once every console boot, if you hit back and run main again, applies anywhere the purple loading screen shows, not just this section, if you don't sign in you see this message "You must sign in to continue playing Stiletto!", if you hit OK it will try to sign you in again, if you hit exit it will kill the process:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You now need to wait for it to load and you will see this:

[​IMG]

You can use RB and LT to navigate the room in their respective directions, you hear a random pop song, don't know how many are there yet, some photos of the remaining sections,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It goes in a circle, after that last section you're back at the first one, it has a transition of the camera moving to each section, when you press RT at any section you see this:

[​IMG]

Pressing LT will take you back to the previous section and the view you were at.

I haven't figured out a way to interact more, I've only discovered this much from experimenting so there's probably more that i don't know.

LauchClothingViewer:

You get that same purple loading screen (no buttons needed to proceed unless signing in) with circles as shown and then you see this:

[​IMG]

You can change the outfits accordingly and whatnot using the dpad up and down to select the option and left and right to change that option and use the A key to apply.

LaunchAvatarEditorTest:

Similar to the previous one (still see the purple loading screen, no buttons need to be pressed if not signing in) but is more related to the body instead. (Controls are the same as the previous section):

[​IMG]

LaunchRetargetingTest:

Couldn't figure out how to interact with this one, (purple loading screen first, no buttons need to be pressed if not signing in) but the character makes random moves occasionally (I should note the previous two also do this)

[​IMG]

That's it, here's the content to log.txt, if i could share the contents, i would, i guess this will do for now.

https://pastebin.com/1C1iktQf

This is only a quick analysis and is probably more complex than this, if you want any more info or want me to try something, let me know, I'm curious as to what this is, sorry if the first wall of the text at the top is a lot to take in and not really organised, but it's dense with info.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Shadha and arnoldlayne like this.
  2. james2452

james2452 X360

I have a build of this that came on a kit from spain.
    [​IMG]

https://gyazo.com/2991a4f6839c0c1f80aaf3f8e491bdd5
    https://gyazo.com/206f715f1bd5cac81d96afca8c71aa7d
    What is the build date of the xex ?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  3. iiAlexLiveii

iiAlexLiveii Rapidly Rising Member

Here you go:

It's not much really, but it gives a sense of the context where this was developing and maybe why.

RAPTOR115X likes this.
  4. RAPTOR115X

RAPTOR115X Spirited Member

Both were last modified on the 25/06/2013.

Edit: File dates range from 2011 to 2015

james2452 likes this.