ProDG suite for gamecube with devlink

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by bowser22, Aug 21, 2018.

1. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

What does it enumerate as? My guess is that you would at least need to edit the .inf file and insert the VID/PID pair that the board uses. Looking at that PCB, I suspect the little SOT23-5 chip marked 'M0M9' is an I2C EEPROM that sets the parameters for the USB chip.

The CPLD is going to be taking the data out of the chip (which is parallel) and reformatting it so it can be connected to Nintendo's serial EXI bus (which is basically SPI plus an interrupt line). Since the boot disc has been dumped and the way the EXI works is pretty well documented it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out what the CPLD is doing and write some equivalent HDL.

bowser22 likes this.
  2. bowser22

bowser22 .

I’ve never seen an eeprom in that package so good eye. Here is what is in the driver inf

SNSYSTEMS="SN Systems"

USB\VID_04B4&PID_8613.DeviceDesc="Cypress EZ-USB FX2 (68613) - EEPROM missing"

USB\VID_0F47&PID_0011.DeviceDesc="SN NGC prototype"

USB\VID_0F47&PID_0012.DeviceDesc="SN NGC (FX2 core)"

USB\VID_0F47&PID_0013.DeviceDesc="SN NGC"

3. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

OK, so you already have the driver - and it looks like it will also accept a plain FX2 with no EEPROM connected. I guess VID/PID 0F47/0013 are the values used in the production board.

A good way to start might be to get a CY7C68013A development board and rewrite the EEPROM to contain that VID/PID pair and then see what the software sends to it. I'm pretty sure the image file for the boot disc that runs on the NR reader end is floating around, so if you can find someone that knows PPC (and, preferably, knows more about the GC than I do) it should be fairly easy to figure out what it's expecting from the EXI and correlate that with what the PC side is sending.

4. Shane Battye

Shane Battye Spirited Member

Did you manage to acquire these? I’m also looking for it (well mostly the devlink cable hardware).