Problem Streaming Xbox One To Windows 10

Discussion in 'Xbox One Development (One,One X)' started by CandieC, May 27, 2016.

1. CandieC

CandieC Spirited Member

Alright here is my issue, I have converted my Xbox one to a developers Xbox (meaning I am on a beta update) as I wanted to experiment with UWP. My problem is now that I'm on a beta update I have been unable to stream to my Windows 10 PC, I have tried both the normal and beta Xbox app and both apps are up to date. I can connect to my Xbox but once I try to stream it tells me that I need to "update my Xbox one or Xbox app" anyone else experience this? Is this a known issue and I just missed it? Is there a way to fix this issue without reverting back to retail? Thanks for your help.

2. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Moved to Xbox One development, as it's dev-related and not an article or news ;)

3. CandieC

CandieC Spirited Member

Alright everyone I was able to get an answer to my own question. I will post the information here just in case someone else is having the same issue. If this ever gets fixed I will let everyone else know. This is the official Xbox statement on the issue.

Game Streaming fails in Developer Mode

In addition to the above issue, we're aware of an issue affecting users who install the Developer Preview app on their console, and are subsequently unable to use Game Streaming via the Xbox App. The development team is investigating this issue and working to resolve it, however, at the time the only workaround is to completely opt out of the Developer Preview.

retro likes this.