RULES Price Check posting rules MUST READ

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by ASSEMbler, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Failure to comply will result in post deletion.

1. ALL items must have your forum name on a piece of paper in the picture.

2.You are asking for price assessment only. Do not state:

• "make an offer"
    • "looking to sell"
    • "I need money and..."
    The format is as follows:

Hello, what is this worth.
    PICTURES

That is ALL. If people want to make an offer, do it by PM ONLY.

ANY posts making offers will be deleted and posting privilege revoked.
    ANY naked attempts to use the price check to fish for buyers has a similar result.

One you get a price either list it in the marketplace, or thank people
    for their help.

2. dark

dark Dauntless Member

What about using the collective knowledge here for opinions on the value of items we are looking to buy from other locations? There have been a number of occasions where I would like to know a general price range for what I might be able to pick up "X" rare game for. Or alternatively, to see if something listed for sale elsewhere or in real life is at an undervalued price.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  3. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Sure that seems fine. Just no offers of "I can buy it for xxx for someone who wants it"

4. Jamtex

Jamtex Adult Orientated Mahjong Connoisseur

Surely with a lot of the common items that pop up in here, a rule could be, "Look at Ebay using the completed auctions option as that would give you a reasonable idea of what things sell for as well as giving you an idea of what things don't sell at inflated prices".

5. skapunk

skapunk Active Member

Hi, i was just wondering do you need a certain post count to ask for a price check here?
    I basically joined the board for some help regarding some items I recently got and was told to come to this board since the guys I talked to recommend this site.

6. kiff

kiff <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

My understanding is that there are no post/time requirements to post in the price check thread but if you then decide to sell the items in question (or any other items) you must adhere to the marketplace rules!

If your items are development related then you came to the right place for valuations, the knowledge on these forums is great!

Welcome to the forums too...

7. skapunk

skapunk Active Member

That's great - well I'll be posting in a bit then :)
    and thank you for the welcome.

8. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

One thing I would like to hear addressed is price checking items you don't own.

For example I price checked a NPDP-SW Because I wanted to find out how much to pay for one not necessarily to sell. It wouldn't be possible for me to bring this post in alignment with the rules.

9. Link

Link Member

I'd also like a little clarification on the rule too. What if the price check is for something I want to buy but I don't want to overpay for it and general google fu doesn't turn up any relevant results? Is it okay to price check then? Or still no?

10. Bobo Mcloud

Bobo Mcloud Robust Member

I'm with these two^^ can you price check when your looking to purchase?

Scratch that, just got clarification in the guide.

11. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

I've removed some old posts from this thread. Please note the following FAQs:
    • You currently do not require a minimum post count to post a price check
    • You may price check an item you are contemplating buying, but state that you don't own it (in lieu of the required photo)
    • YOU MAY NOT use a price check to circumvent Marketplace rules, i.e. NO SELLING VIA A PRICE CHECK (and the very old post that said otherwise was superseded as soon as the rules explicitly stated this)
    These (and all rules) will be reviewed in the new year, as they are probably overdue a tweak.

If in doubt about any rules, ask a member of staff. Arguing the toss with a member of staff over pedantic points regarding rules is likely to earn you a time-out from the site.