Power Slide FX or Mr. Bloopy - Vote

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by MatthewCallis, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Ok, this is a dumbass statement, no doubt about it. I think a couple are getting carried away in the excitement of proving some selfish grubby "American"(which was 100% assumed on no basis AT ALL) that he can't have everything at once. I'm merely asking, not trying to be insulting, that if you have the FULL intention of releasing them, why not just do it instead of messing with people with polls?

It's not that hard to answer. I thought you were actually going to be nice about it, but then you made that quite ignorant statement about Americans that really was unneeded. When I said "deprive" people, I was merely using the wrong choice of wording, but I wasn't implying I live for this and am trying to feed on you like a leech. And this doesn't relate to your art show example at all, as this is simply just, if you have the files right there, hell probably in the same folder, what's so bad about doing both at once, rather than just holding off for no reason other than just to...have fun with people or whatever. I'm only asking, what IS the point? That's all.

Please, no null insults, just answer the simple question, the simple reasoning that I am asking. That's all. I don't care about the games in this case(I don't even know either one), I just am taking the opportunity to ask why, as I've seen such pointless acts done before, with the person who promised something later than disappearing with no explanation. Now whether you see this is whining and begging is your problem, but that's not point of view or my intention. Just the logic, please...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  2. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Thanks for this! It is much appreciated. I would have voted for it too, so great! :D

Incidentally, why didn't you make the topic a poll if you wanted a vote? ;-)

Bramsworth, what is your problem? You're being entirely unreasonable there. Tell me, WHEN before your original post did he say he has a load of games which he'll eventually release? HE DIDN'T!! He merely decided that he would be nice to us and share a game, and wanted to know which would be preferred to share.

As is always the case, YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE THESE GAMES. He decided to release ONE, that's down to him. If he wants an unreleased game to sit on his shelf and die without making a backup, that's his choice.

Don't forget, the 'owner' DOES NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THESE GAMES. They are still copyrighted and intellectual property of a company. Maybe the company has dissolved, in which case you're getting into dodgy territory, but still unless he's bought the RIGHTS to release the game from the liquidator, he has none.

In short... NONE of us have the right to own or play these games. Be damned grateful that someone has chosen to ILLEGALLY give you a copy. Just because they have released one game does not mean they WILL or HAVE TO release any other games they may have in their possession.

3. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

so, retro has full intention when committing wrongs on this virtual premise. You are a very naughty man:p

4. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

so you are one of those that outbidded me! :D

in any case, thanks a lot!

also i think it's a good idea to release at different times. releasing too much togheter makes everything less exciting and people will lose focus.

5. MatthewCallis

MatthewCallis Robust Member

Top of mind awareness and brand recognition.

6. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

;-)

Ahh, I love these arguments. Personally, I'm petty enough to say "OK, screw it. Because one person bitched and believed they have a right to a copy of what I have, NOONE gets ANYTHING!"

Let the others bitch at the one who spoilt it for them ;-)

7. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

-_- I think people miss the point, but if you want to assume its because of being spoilt and greedy, that's your problem.

8. Taucias

Taucias Site Supporter 2014,2015

How about we all just calm the fuck down? Sheesh.

9. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

I m just teasing you, it was an off topic comment:p

10. Ed the Nerd

Ed the Nerd <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Ill have to try this later :)

11. DreamTR

DreamTR Enthusiastic Member

matthewcallis: That game has been sitting on my computer for years, I was the one that sold it to Niels in the first place, $800+ is a lot for THAT game after you play it= P

12. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Mr. Bloopy is one of those magazine featured games that just sat in your mind and ate away at you. My vote is that Mr. Bloopy is the best.

13. nesworld

nesworld Gutsy Member

Any chance we could get to see the Powerslide ECTS demo?

14. Gaming

Gaming Spirited Member

Looks interesting, thanks for the rom.

15. MatthewCallis

MatthewCallis Robust Member

I wasn't kidding I've just been quite busy; here is something you'll want and then realize oh man, only like 10% of the people who download it will be able to play it the current state of emulation, maybe we should pay the thousands it would take to get byuu or someone the likes to even work on it, aka Power Slide SFX (1994-12-04) (Europe) ROM.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  16. Greg2600

Greg2600 Resolute Member

17. Thiago_Simoes

Thiago_Simoes Spirited Member

Thanks for the release!