power base convertor

Discussion in 'Everdrive Master System - Master Everdrive' started by staylor, Jun 5, 2012.

1. staylor

staylor Rapidly Rising Member

So if i put the power base convertor on my genesis could i play the sg-1000 games off the master everdrive?

Scott

2. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

3. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

PBC is just a pass-through. I don't believe the Genesis supports the video mode of the SG-1000, thus it will not work.

4. staylor

staylor Rapidly Rising Member

Awesome straight from the 2 main men thats what i like about this forums.
    Guess ill have to get a master system then.

5. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

yeah. keep in mind you won't be able to play keyboard sg-1000 games. if there are any.

while it's likely possible to build an adapter for the master system rear expansion port, comparing their pinout, there isn't yet a known attempt of that idea.

6. ApolloBoy

ApolloBoy Gutsy Member

There's some educational titles that make use of the SK-1100 but nothing anyone would actually want to play, hence why nobody's interested in making an adapter for it. It might have some potential for future homebrews though.

7. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

I guess. It'd be similar to using a Famicom keyboard on NES. Down to how both use the keyboard to connect their data recorder.

The post's latter idea is just amateur soldering to find out whether it'll work in practice. Wire a female Mark III slot (EDAC 346-044-520-202) to female SMS slot. (EDAC 341-050-520-202) Then any compatible Mark III games should boot straight from the SMS rear port.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012