Post everytime you buy something game related and your unbelievable deals

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by ASSEMbler, Mar 14, 2004.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Ever get a famicom for free? A dreamcast for $5?
    Find a boxed JAG CD in a store for $35?

Tell us all your good luck / unbelievable deal stories here!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  2. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

best

My personal best, I got a famicom twin for free
    as it was "european" and didn't work here. I bought three
    overpriced NES carts ($9 each for excitebike, metroid, zelda 2)
    and got the famitwin for free.

That and the $3 PC Engine I got in Nishidai at an
    old electronics shop.

3. Alzaire

Alzaire Guest

Found a brand new Playstation 1 (the original kind, back when they first came out) in a storage unit and got it for free.

4. Alzaire

Alzaire Guest

Found a brand new Playstation 1 (the original kind, back when they first came out) in a storage unit and got it for free.

5. TheDeathcoaster

TheDeathcoaster Game Developer

I got 2 Megadrives for free ^_^ A friend of mien from school was moving and he had 2 old megadrives and a bunch of controllers....so he gave it to me (to add to me everygrowing collection of Megadrives...I've got 10 At the moment :/) . Oh, and I once got a SNES for free of one of my teachers, her son moved to Uni and she was clearing out the house...sinceI was always wearing my "Don't MAke Me Go Zelda On You" Tshirt...she thought I might want it...it came with a stack of carts and cables..but no controller, still good though :)

6. TheDeathcoaster

I got 2 Megadrives for free ^_^ A friend of mien from school was moving and he had 2 old megadrives and a bunch of controllers....so he gave it to me (to add to me everygrowing collection of Megadrives...I've got 10 At the moment :/) . Oh, and I once got a SNES for free of one of my teachers, her son moved to Uni and she was clearing out the house...sinceI was always wearing my "Don't MAke Me Go Zelda On You" Tshirt...she thought I might want it...it came with a stack of carts and cables..but no controller, still good though :)

7. TheDeathcoaster

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saturn Video CD card,Sega brand,european model,mint in box.

10$ only:)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

32M SNES backup unit + US SNES system, bought at the market off some fruit-selling guy for a mere 30e - also got 6 cartons of yoghurt drink with it :D

Mega CD unit + Earthworn Jim game, found at the dumpster - the system works like a dream though the game is scratched

Audiosonic PP1292 console + 4 boxed games, found at the same dumpster :)

NES system + 2 pads + zapper + SMB+DH cart for 0.30e (no PSU though)

new boxed 32X units, bought two at a toy store last summer for 25e apiece

Deep Fear (Saturn PAL), bought it for 5e, turned out to be quite rare later (last released PAL game)

12. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

32M SNES backup unit + US SNES system, bought at the market off some fruit-selling guy for a mere 30e - also got 6 cartons of yoghurt drink with it :D

Mega CD unit + Earthworn Jim game, found at the dumpster - the system works like a dream though the game is scratched

Deep Fear (Saturn PAL), bought it for 5e, turned out to be quite rare later (last released PAL game)

13. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

14. Tachikoma

Tachikoma Officer at Arms

Shining Force III (PAL) for the Saturn for £2 :p
    Free SNES with 5 games (one being a cool PAL pirate!)

15. Tachikoma

16. Tachikoma

17. Joen

Joen Guest

unbelievable

This didn't happened to me, but to a friend of mine:

He was working as a mover for some company and he had to pick up stuff at a couples house. Seems that he had to move stuff from their son, who died recently.
    After he loaded the truck they asked him if he would like to take their sons game and dvd collection home. They didn't want it in the house anymore since it reminds them of their son (and they already had more precious stuff to remind him of. Not that they wanted to forget him or something like that :p)
    Anyway, to make a long story short: He got a PS2, a Cube, a Xbox and a shitload (I mean REAL shitload) of games and dvd's.

18. Joen

Joen Guest

unbelievable

He was working as a mover for some company and he had to pick up stuff at a couples house. Seems that he had to move stuff from their son, who died recently.
    After he loaded the truck they asked him if he would like to take their sons game and dvd collection home. They didn't want it in the house anymore since it reminds them of their son (and they already had more precious stuff to remind him of. Not that they wanted to forget him or something like that :p)
    Anyway, to make a long story short: He got a PS2, a Cube, a Xbox and a shitload (I mean REAL shitload) of games and dvd's.

19. Joen

Joen Guest

unbelievable

20. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Hmm, have to think about that one.....

Off the top of my head...

Spitball Sparky (pretty rare game and watch) for 50p

Boxed mint 32X still with free vouchers even, FREE

Big bundle of stuff given to me when I was owed some money, including Multi-Mega

(a long time ago) 2 NESses, one modded to play US games, boxed Power Glove, boxed U-Force, loadsa games for I think it was £25

Boxed NES, early mattel version with ROB, was about £8 with a loada games

(not exactly video game) CGL M5, free