Portal 2 with motion controls on PC

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by kanaka, Jan 6, 2011.

1. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Painful voice acting for who I'm assuming is Alyx.

2. oasiz

oasiz Member

It is Alyx, you can find a lot of the work-in-progress voice acting clips in the leaked version of hl2, most of them are somewhat complete but a lot of them still are temporary voices done by some level designer for temporary placement most likely.

And a bit offtopic:
    I have actually done a lot of work on documenting the HL2-leak map source files (around 1300) but it's still a bit unfinished, lacking around 300 maps.
    If you want to see the maps that I have documented so far that were done by the point it leaked, see: http://62.78.137.12/hl2beta.rtf
    It contains loads of inisight on the borealis maps and other cut concepts.
    Disable word wrapping when viewing it. If there is enough interest then I can post it in here when it's fully done.

3. Shadowlayer

Shadowlayer KEEPIN' I.T. REAL!!

Actually I can see the portal gun being used during a couple levels/acts like with the supercharged grav gun at the end of HL2.

Combining both gameplay concepts, like for example to shoot combine troops in a high position through a portal, would be awesome.

4. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

There is from me at least. The mod Missing Information 1.5 was fascinating.

5. kanaka

kanaka Spirited Member

just bumping this to tell that a recent announcement from Valve confirmed cross-platform play for Portal 2 between PC, Mac and PS3, so players can play the cooperative portion of the game together regardless of the platform, and if that wasn't enough, if you buy the PS3 version, you can activate the code on Steam and instantly get the PC/Mac version without extra cost. How awesome is that!

full announcement:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  6. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

our children will be platform agnostic:(

7. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Hm... I kinda wanted to get the PC version because it's probably going to be a bit better than the console versions. However, it would be nice to also have it on PS3. I'd still like a physical PC copy, though, due to the load time and other factors. Decisions decisions...