Policenauts Saturn translation released

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by billcosbymon, Oct 19, 2016.

1. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

2. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Gutsy Member

OH YES!
    THANKS!

3. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

I was going to rip my Japanese copy to ISO but after done with 1st disc I said f***k with it and converted BIN files I had for a long time to ISO and patched up - took me less than 10 min before I was playing on my stock standard Saturn console via RGB. :)

4. Ryudo

Ryudo SEGA!

Oh my. Yes please. I like this.

5. skyway1985

skyway1985 Enthusiastic Member

did anybody else have problems with the game stalling on the shuttle while next to redwood? i had this issue and it ended up being the autosave file causing it. after deletion, the game worked perfectly. i had my normal save so it didn't affect my game play, but wondering if this was isolated to me. Maybe it has to do with my bios or something?

6. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

I've been playing it tonight and did find some issues. I use a Japanese Saturn with a back up cart. The game puts up some garbled text which hasn't been fully translated from Japanese when you first try to save. I can't read it either thanks to the amount of corruption. But I do know it's asking me to agree to something twice. Upon agreeing the game will freeze for about 20 seconds then bring up the English save location option (internal or back up memory). Maybe this is what you experienced? I'm well in to disc two now with 4 game saves and no more issues.

7. skyway1985

On mine you're asking redwood questions, then suddenly background sfx stop and the animation of the two is still up, but you can do nothing. Then after reset, the game wouldn't even boot. Then when it would finally boot it would lock up on the shuttle again. It didn't straighten itself out until I deleted the auto save, and removed my back up cart. Then I put my pink tomagatchi power memory cart back in, and it's been fine ever since.

8. Yakumo

Hmm, very odd. Could be a clash with your custom bios?

9. skyway1985

that's what I'm guessing, but at least it was a rather simple work around. figured I'd let people know just in case.

10. Yakumo

I hate using the Saturn cartridge port. It's so poor. I'll play one day with a cart in the system, come back the next day and it won't be recognised. Then I have to go through the pain of getting the Saturn to see the cart again. How on earth did Sega make such a shitty cart port?

skyway1985 likes this.
  11. skyway1985

Yakumo, this is BEYOND true, I have the hardest time getting anything to work without setting it us right or wiping it down with isopropyl and a qtip before inserting it back in for it to work, annoying. Especially when trying to play snk of Capcom fighters.

Yakumo likes this.
  12. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

I always open the cartridge shell and sand and polish the edge connectors to match as close to the Sega's own backup memory circuit board and so far haven't has any such issue and I've been using Saturn for more than a decade and half now...