PlayStation Club Demo Discs [Download]

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Lamont, May 8, 2014.

1. Lamont

Lamont Site Supporter 2015

Yes, you are correct. They are all NTSC-J discs. The first half are PS1, the ones that are PS2 are marked as such on the list. :)

2. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

Great, Thank you Lamont :D
    Downloading them now, if someone puts torrents up Ill turn my seedbox backon(broken atm).

3. Lamont

Amiga1200 has offered to put up some torrents from an initial pm-request basis. I'm not particularly fussed about how they get mirrored, I just figured from the general amount of discs I've uploaded in the one go that it would be worth mirroring them at the very least. ^^;

I fail with torrents otherwise I would've done some myself, it was just easier to dump them on my website.

4. amiga1200

amiga1200 Dauntless Member

^^ it's cool!
    assuming i can get this lot intact, it'll be roughly a week to put em all through the 'grinder' and torrent them!
    not hard of a job really, just a bit of time!
    what i'll do is create a copy-paste of this thread by initial post and add the hashtags to the lower of it.
    then i'll link that very thread to this one, so the original format of the initial thread will be preserved on mine and discussion can continue on this thread....and mine! (in due course)
    leave it with ladies and gents, stay tuned! :boxing:

5. RichardX

RichardX Peppy Member

Thanks for upload Lamont.

6. Lamont

No worries!

Just bummed out I don't have my list of all the demos actually included. But I hope that they may prove to be useful to someone on here at the very least. ^^;

7. InnocentSam

InnocentSam Spirited Member

Thanks for this! The MediEvil community is happy that you uploaded #17 with the Japanese demo on it :)

8. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Currently uploading "PlayStation Club "PrePre" / "PurePure" - PlayStation" to google drive so give me a bit for those links but the reason I am posting now is to let OP know that "PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.6 Disc 1" and "PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.7 Disc 1" are down

I get 404

EDIT:

PlayStation Club "PrePre" / "PurePure" - PlayStation
    http://goo.gl/e0V2TD

PlayStation Club PLUS "PurePure PLUS" / "PrePre PLUS" - Playstation(Missing 6/7)
    http://goo.gl/cYGUzW

PlayStation Club PLUS "PurePure PLUS" / PrePre PLUS" - PlayStation 2
    http://goo.gl/6ytcSU

PlayStation 2 Club "PurePure2" / "PrePre2" - PlayStation 2
    http://goo.gl/r32Xiv

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  9. Lamont

Sorry about that guys, I'll be reuploading PurePure PLUS Volume 6, Disc 1 and PurePure PLUS Volume 7, Disc 1 shortly.

Seems the server lagged out and didn't finalize the files like I thought it had when I was making the topic in the first place.

Server is currently lagging so they may not be online properly until later today or tomorrow.

10. horstenss

horstenss Active Member

I've tried the first one on my PSX + TV and it's amazing!
    Thanks for sharing this obscure stuff :D

I just noticed but is this a really early demo by chance? If so, this is very advanced stuff for the time.
    We sure didn't have interactive manga, controller-kun shooter games running 60fps or that half naked men doing a dance demo!
    Also liked the videos :p

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  11. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.6 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.7 Disc 1

aren't working my friend! But the rest I have and I'm uploading to my mediafire

12. Lamont

Like I wrotw a couple of posts above, I'm currently reuploading them. It rained yesterday and made my connection lag so they ought to be up later today.

13. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

Sorry, didn't see those. It's cool, just keeping you up to date on this side! =)

Still uploading them to mediafire at the moment

14. Lamont

If you mean Volume 0, that was dated August 1995. Volume 1 is dated November 1995. So I suppose they could be considered as fairly early given the PS1 only came out in December 1994 so there was only 8 months between it's release and that first PurePure demo disc. ^^;

Sure thing, thanks for the head's up regardless. Kept it short as I was at work when I responded earlier. They're still slowly uploading, will put in a post update when they are up.

15. amiga1200

amiga1200 Dauntless Member

in the process of expansion/verification on the images obtained...
    but i must warn the average user DO NOT, and i repeat, DO NOT do a blind extraction of the entire stack!
    better still, use images on a single basis then delete expanded archive and move onto the next expansion.
    the reason for this alert, is because i did a batch expansion and some of the images are IDENTICAL in filename (see the dilemma) and they're NOT recursive directories.
    best advice i can offer is, MANUALLY define a directory, like the archive name itself works!
    you can 'expand to xxx' if you have the hdd capacity to play with, OTHERWISE, properly define target directory OR risk overwriting some of the same named EXPANDED images!
    hope this helped somebody!
    @ Lamont. grinding though em, gradually... :friendly_wink:
    [edit]
    typo

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  16. Mechi

Mechi Active Member

Thanks for uploading this excellent collection of demo discs. One of the curiosities is an Omega Boost demo (or rather two versions of the same demo) on PurePure Volumes 2 and 3. Considering the final game did not come out until 1999, these 1995 demos seem to be very early betas.

17. Lamont

Yeah, the only other one with Omega Boost was Volume 17, April 1999 which included the second disc as purely an Omega Boost demo. Sadly my copy had the Omega Boost demo disc replaced with a Hyper PlayStation Re-Mix 1998 disc despite the seller saying the copies were complete. DX

18. verne94

verne94 Spirited Member

Thank you very much; I'd like to know what games are present on these discs too.

19. NetYaroze

NetYaroze Robust Member

Thanks for this release :)

20. Lamont

I did have a previously translated full list of the games, however it appears I've lost the document when my harddrive died on my main laptop. There was previously a Japanese database but I've only just realized that it's shut down now otherwise I would've included it in detail on the main post.

If I get time to check every single disc, demo and the like then I'll document them but I don't have time to sit down and do that currently.

Last edited: May 11, 2014