PlayStation Club Demo Discs [Download]

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Lamont, May 8, 2014.

1. Lamont

Lamont Site Supporter 2015

These are .bin/.cue or .iso/.mds files in either .rar or .7z archives of the Official PlayStation Club demo discs from Japan.

Any numbers that are missing, I'm either missing or the disc was damaged to the extent that I was unable to make a 1:1 digital copy of it.

The PlayStation Commercial Collection, Seasonal Catalogs or individually bundled game demo discs that came with the PlayStation Club discs have not been ripped and uploaded as the majority of them are already available elsewhere and the CM discs rip with read errors.

I won't be keeping these on the server for more than a few months and will be back with other demo disc downloads.

So, if you download - PLEASE MIRROR THEM!

PlayStation Club "PrePre" / "PurePure" - PlayStation

PlayStation Club Vol.0 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.0 Disc 2 (mini-disc)
    PlayStation Club Vol.1 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.2 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.3 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.4 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.5 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.6 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.7 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.8 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.9 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.10 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.11 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.12 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.13 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.14 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.15 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.15 Disc 2
    PlayStation Club Vol.16 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.17 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.18 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club Vol.19 Disc 1

PlayStation Club PLUS "PurePure PLUS" / "PrePre PLUS" - Playstation

PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.2 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.3 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.5 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.6 Disc 1
    PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.7 Disc 1

PlayStation Club PLUS "PurePure PLUS" / PrePre PLUS" - PlayStation 2

PlayStation Club PLUS Vol.4 Disc 2

PlayStation 2 Club "PurePure2" / "PrePre2" - PlayStation 2

PlayStation 2 Club Vol.6 Disc 1 Part 1
    PlayStation 2 Club Vol.6 Disc 1 Part 2
    PlayStation 2 Club Vol.6 Disc 1 Part 3
    PlayStation 2 Club Vol.6 Disc 1 Part 4
    PlayStation 2 Club Vol.6 Disc 1 Part 5

MIRROR

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    upaluppa, _XBOX_ and krHACKen like this.
  2. amiga1200

amiga1200 Dauntless Member

won't be connecting/revealing IP for the sake of DL'S, but i can say..
    BLOODY HELL!
    what a stack, top share, seriously! :friendly_wink: (rated thread at default/excellent i believe?!)
    i bet that took some effort.. :eek:nthego:
    [edit]
    typo...

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  3. Lamont

You could use a VPN if you wanted to download (as I have already tested one on my downloads to confirm they were working). I don't actually do anything with IP addresses unless I find my site is being indexed, mirrored or hotlinked out non-stop by bots, then I have no real issue. I mean, despite my site's name being "Stalking Insanity" (a track from the DEMENTO/Haunting Ground Original Sound Track), I don't actually do any stalking or tracking of IPs outside of blocking bots causing my site's bandwidth to go crazy and lag out.

Besides, if you didn't want your IP logged elsewhere... Why are you even on a forum that would have a log of your registration and active IP address anyway? That makes no sense.

Anyway, I digress. Thank you for rating the topic, you didn't have to do that. I simply uploaded them as someone had asked me to upload one of them before, I forgot and figured I may as well rip and upload all of the ones I can currently find in storage boxes.

4. amiga1200

^^ my IP here is fine, the staffs hands are TIED (legally) in a professional sense, in that regard, NO fear of my details being handed out...in a professional environment!

no, i didn't take the name literally, just don't trust it STAT! NOT a slur, just paranoid is all. (the VPN is a good suggestion, appreciate it)
    [edit]
    typo...

[edit again] (double posted by accident)
    using a proxy now...
    pulling item 'PPCV0D1.rar' and if you want, i can torrent them from home on a 1/1 basis, well, more if possible but i have a crap connection/upload (128kbytes a sec 0.1 ms ping)

5. amiga1200

[bump]

can you confirm file integrity of this item please
    downloaded three times 'PPCV0D1.rar' (385m INCOMPLETE archive)
    tried various handlers and they all say the same thing.
    7z output:
    (expanded 707m/expected UNKNOWN)
    i'm terribly sorry about this, but i thought you should know so you don't get a flood of idiot complaints!
    i'll rip the others and verify them! (all items that DO successfully expand without issue, i'll hashtag the slags and add them to the boards so others can just use it for comparison. then again, the archive hash should suffice, IF it's stable?)
    [edit]
    typo

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  6. Lamont

I'll double-check that one and will reupload if broken shortly. We did have a storm during the upload of the first two so it may have dropped out on the one file.

7. amiga1200

^^ i'm ripping all the items one at a time, and as far as i can tell, ALL the rar archives do this, and the 7z ones won't even try!
    i left a shout on chatbox acknowledging the possibility the host itself could be shitting out partial files (can happen on HTTP hosts!)
    ripped this lot already...(i really hope that storm didn't screw your original backups) file...
    [edit]
    all archive came back as corrupted one way or another, apologies.

8. Lamont

I know Volume 5 is correct (we've used it for making a Clock Tower 2 tool) so if you're using a VPN, I've had them drop out repeatedly before so that could be corrupting the archives as well.

9. amiga1200

fair enough!
    had a feeling it could be that...
    fuckit, time i started NOT being paranoid.
    i'll rip em again but without VPN! (i'm in your hands, if you catch my drift?!)
    purged the original DL stack.
    i'll rip them back on the 'visible' and report back!

10. Lamont

Like I said before, I don't care about IP addresses and I typically wipe my logs unless I see bots clogging up my bandwidth. You don't need to verify and mirror if you don't want your IP logged. There's a couple of other people on here that were interested in them that would be likely to give me a head's up over things not working as well.

11. amiga1200

^^ for the effort expended on this collection, would be WRONG of me not to share back! (you don't need to explain motives, i understand you have better things to do than.... i was just paranoid. i'm not sorry for that but if i came across as ungrateful, i really didn't meant to.)
    the plan is: i rip all the stack and expand them, hash both the interior and exterior of archives and post hashes back, if at least to help reduce any questions on integrity! (hashes DON'T lie!)
    then after all is verified, i'll create a single torrent for the stack and place a board-to-pm offer for a copy of the torrent header. :eek:nthego:
    this REQUIRES no less than duplication...
    [edit]
    typo
    [edit again]
    it was the VPN killing the files, well spotted!
    just checked the first two items and they expanded fine without issues.
    normal rip it is!

12. mspeter97

mspeter97 Robust Member

I might be off-topic but:
    what are the demos in the disc?

13. Lamont

Ah, neat. Thank you for confirming and for doing that.

Mainly as it takes at least an hour and a half to upload each ISO to the server due to poor connection speeds and it lags out my connection quite badly and I need a stable connection at the moment as I am in the middle of organizing another Resident Evil parody episode at the current time so reuploads would have to be on the back-burner as I have been uploading on and off for the past week, downloading and confirming files to the extent of checking at least half of them and verifying the uploaded sizes against my raw copies. >_<;

There's a LOT of demos, saved game data across them to be quite honest, I never actually documented the whole list of them outside of titles relevant to my own collections.

So there's stuff like Clock Tower, Crash Bandicoot, MediEvil, FIFA, Driver, OverBlood, Wipeout, Zone of the Enders, Shinobi.... Plus a whole lot more. Each disc can have anything from five demos upwards.

I'm afraid I don't have a full list as I only just realized that the PrePre Database has suddenly been removed. So perhaps anyone downloading could help make an exact list as I don't have all of the sleeves/booklets/catalogs that came with the discs originally.

14. amiga1200

^^ i'm dying to find that out...
    did some serious searching and all i could find was this link for the ps2 PrePre (PrePre? real imaginative there $0ny)... ps2-jpn-pptwo05-front.jpg
    wasn't able to find more!
    as far as i can tell, they're demo disks given to a clique of some kind!? (link will explain)
    [edit]
    @ Lamont. understood! all appears as it should be!

15. Lamont

The name is a play on words for "Preview Play" but also for PlayStation. If you were a member of Sony's mail-order "PlayStation Club", you would receive preview demo discs monthly. They contain upcoming game demos, save game data that will copy onto your memory card, commercials/trailers for upcoming games, a catalog of all coming releases and information regarding competitions available to members of the PlayStation Club where they could win plush mascots and other junk.

I've previously translated some of the PPC PS2 ones for someone else on here and confirmed a couple of titles for Anders (who runs that website you've linked to) in the past but I've lost nearly all of my demo disc documents after my laptop's hard drive failed so I don't have a complete listing, the one that was closest to completion was the PrePre Database which was online up until March it seems and there doesn't seem to be an archived version of the page either.

16. amiga1200

crying shame the documents were lost, really sorry the effort is gone.
    not to derail the subject, but do you have the 'motion gravure series' for ps2? (four disks)
    more of a GPU demo of nice japanese models, the effects are strikingly similar to the ones on the game 'myst' for the CBM series!
    i ask because it seems to go hand in hand with your project, they're not games but would be a nice addition to your stack, IF you don't already have them?
    i got these from a known ps2 uploader at another place and they've been lost, the server there took a shit and 4t of user data perished along with those four ps2 images, i have them.
    if you want, i can do a torrent of the stack, pm it you so a 1/1 p2p transfer can be completed, add em into your collection?
    again, this wasn't to derail the subject as it's directly related. (not games but more of a demo/preview)
    TOTALLY up to you? if interested, hit me up in pm (or say here. just don't wanna crap up subject too much on my part) and they're YOURS! :friendly_wink:
    [edit]
    search results:

17. Lamont

I'm afraid I don't have them. Thanks for the offer but excuse me for my lack of manners but honestly put, I don't particularly have an interest hosting or general one otherwise of 3D model samples of large-breasted Japanese models (as a straight, married female here). *Shrug*

I've seen them but they lack a further relevance to me to actually host them. The PlayStation Club demos have other things of use to me like saved game data and the like, which is why I have them in the first place.

Most of the ones I've uploaded onto here are irrelevant to me outside of what I have already listed on Stalking Insanity but, I have gotten a couple of messages about discs in the past and I said I would upload them in the past... So I've uploaded them.

18. amiga1200

^^ LOL!
    sorry, forgot you're a lady...for a sec! (users are the same online as 1's and 0's)
    summed it up with your description!
    it's all good! :friendly_wink:

19. Lamont

Haha, it's fine. Most people assume I'm a guy normally anyway. I'm used to it. Just don't need or have an interest in female 3D model tests unless they were say, mo-cap data for things I collect.

Otherwise... Were it male models, perhaps but I am somewhat picky in my taste regardless. XD

20. Delta_force

Delta_force Spirited Member

since i dont have anything that would need my pipe here, ill go and load them (and maybe create a list of included stuff). are those discs japanese?